CDZ Congress Says, Let the Mentally Ill Buy Guns

Congress Says, Let the Mentally Ill Buy Guns

Well, allowing them to do that sets up a scenario whereby when diagnosed mentally ill folks point a gun at someone, the person at whom they point it, if they have a gun or other lethal means of defense, can summarily shoot th, and, if need be, the defense for having done so will accurately be "the assailant was crazy and there was no telling what they might do," along with a host of corollary sub-defenses. Naturally that's preferable to denying crazy people the right to possess a gun.

Well, allowing them to do that sets up a scenario whereby when diagnosed mentally ill folks point a gun at someone, the person at whom they point it, if they have a gun or other lethal means of defense, can summarily shoot th, and, if need be, the defense for having done so will accurately be "the assailant was crazy and there was no telling what they might do," along with a host of corollary sub-defenses. Naturally that's preferable to denying crazy people the right to possess a gun.

I have no problem with keep someone diagnosed, BY A DOCTOR, as mentally ill being prevented from purchasing a firearm.

I DO have a problem with some secretary at the IRS or Social Security making that diagnosis.

I have no problem with keep someone diagnosed, BY A DOCTOR, as mentally ill being prevented from purchasing a firearm.

I DO have a problem with some secretary at the IRS or Social Security making that diagnosis.

??? I'm sorry.
  • What did I write that gives germanity to introducing who performs the diagnosis?
  • Since when do people appear (voluntary or not) at an IRS or Social Security office to get a diagnosis of their mental state of being? By what measure do such workers have the authority to make such a diagnosis?
Did you mistakenly reply to my remarks instead of someone else's?

You shouldn't have right to own a gun for no reason.
well I do

so get over it

If you want I'll give you a list a mile long of things you shouldn't be able to do but I won't and you know why?

Because what you do is none of my fucking business

and what I do is none of your fucking business

Unless of course it involves you hurting me, or it involves you hurting someone, harming someone, or things like that. Now.... guns.... don't hurt anyone, do they?
no guns cannot do anything on their own since they are inanimate objects

People are responsible all the harm done to other people
You shouldn't have right to own a gun for no reason.
well I do

so get over it

If you want I'll give you a list a mile long of things you shouldn't be able to do but I won't and you know why?

Unless of course it involves you hurting me, or it involves you hurting someone, harming someone, or things like that. Now.... guns.... don't hurt anyone, do they?

No, on their own guns can do nothing. However in the hands of humans they make a human far more powerful than they would otherwise be. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

So does an ax, a spear, a knife, a rock, a bat, a stick etc

A gun is a tool not unlike any other tool.

But aside from the obvious tell me what the actions of a criminal have to do with my ability to use any tool I own responsibly?
There is such a thing as reasonable defence.

That happened all ready, about 30 % of the population is crazy, who needs an assault rifle to buy lunch or go to a political event.

well I do

so get over it

well I do

so get over it

No, on their own guns can do nothing. However in the hands of humans they make a human far more powerful than they would otherwise be. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

So does an ax, a spear, a knife, a rock, a bat, a stick etc

A gun is a tool not unlike any other tool.

But aside from the obvious tell me what the actions of a criminal have to do with my ability to use any tool I own responsibly?
There is such a thing as reasonable defence.
and a firearm is a reasonable tool to be used for defense

That happened all ready, about 30 % of the population is crazy, who needs an assault rifle to buy lunch or go to a political event.

Who carries rifles around on a daily basis?

not many people

And FYI what you people call and "assault" rifle is nothing more than your average everyday semiautomatic rifle with a few cosmetic doodads on it.

How many people do yo think are murdered with firearms every year ?

Let me give you a hint

8454 that's .0024% of the population

and that rate has been decreasing steadily

More people are murdered with fists and feet that with any type of rifle including those so called "assault" rifles you are all so afraid of

Yes, that's why we have passports, drives licence, education required to practice certain professions, medical examinations, certificates, criminal records, data bases, recording camera surveillance, internet police, contracts, and a capability and responsibility on every individual to report illegal activity, such as a burglary, robbery, hit and run or a financial fraud.

and law abiding people comply.

but you don't punish law abiding people for the acts of criminals.

Most gun owners actually more than most the vast majority of legal gun owners will never even point their weapons at another person never mind shoot at them

but the control junkies want to say that all gun owners are just a second away from murdering someone
Then what do they need guns for? Because everyone else has a gun and no one is controls who does?

Are you being serious? Guns are necessary for personal self defense against criminals, the dangerously mentally ill and an out of control government......they are also used for sport, hunting, collecting and other things.........
It is not a necessity. But the chance to have it increases the risk you would need it from 0,001 to 5%

And the idea one needs a reason to have a gun is in that they can apply for them for the reasons of hunting, sport and collection (no ammunition).

Do you want me to come up with a list a mile long of the shit you have that aren't necessities?
The collection of my empty notebooks are not a threat to anyone.

What about those with a disability but not mental illness that may prevent them from taking care of their financial affairs by but not from taking shooting as a hobby?

The only solution for US in this is to demand a reason for buying a gun. The problem is you can buy a gun just to have a gun.

And that is a dumb belief....owning and carrying a gun is a fundamental Right....you don't get to make people beg government for the ability to use a Right........

Democrats didn't want blacks voting...so they created Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to stop them......those are unConstitutional since voting is a Right.....you don't get to deny people access to a Right...

And what is the problem with normal, law abiding people buying guns just to have them...
That it is the reason why there is so much shootings in America?

Law abiding people aren't committing the vast majority of shootings the criminals who obtain guns illegally are
And they may obtain them from people who you don't know are illegally selling them forward.

and again how am I as a law abiding citizen responsible for the behavior of criminals?
Can you forget yourself for a moment and think of a society?

And that is a dumb belief....owning and carrying a gun is a fundamental Right....you don't get to make people beg government for the ability to use a Right........

Democrats didn't want blacks voting...so they created Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to stop them......those are unConstitutional since voting is a Right.....you don't get to deny people access to a Right...

And what is the problem with normal, law abiding people buying guns just to have them...

Law abiding people aren't committing the vast majority of shootings the criminals who obtain guns illegally are
And they may obtain them from people who you don't know are illegally selling them forward.

and again how am I as a law abiding citizen responsible for the behavior of criminals?

We are, you are not. Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack...that is lives saved, lives not destroyed....how many lives did criminals take.....in 2015, 9,616.....and of those 70-80% are not normal citizens, but other criminals engaged in crime....and the rest, many are family and friends of the criminals...

So the number of innocent people who are killed is dwarfed by those who are saved.......

Cars are used to accidentally kill more people every single year than are purposefully taken with guns...

Let me give you a hint

More people are murdered with fists and feet that with any type of rifle including those so called "assault" rifles you are all so afraid of
8454 that's .0024% of the population and that rate has been decreasing steadily

Well, TY for sharing that information. At least we now know what is minimum quantity of involuntary deaths at the hands of another we can rationally infer you find acceptable. Information gained is information gained, I guess....

and law abiding people comply.

but you don't punish law abiding people for the acts of criminals.

Most gun owners actually more than most the vast majority of legal gun owners will never even point their weapons at another person never mind shoot at them

but the control junkies want to say that all gun owners are just a second away from murdering someone
Then what do they need guns for? Because everyone else has a gun and no one is controls who does?

Are you being serious? Guns are necessary for personal self defense against criminals, the dangerously mentally ill and an out of control government......they are also used for sport, hunting, collecting and other things.........
It is not a necessity. But the chance to have it increases the risk you would need it from 0,001 to 5%

And the idea one needs a reason to have a gun is in that they can apply for them for the reasons of hunting, sport and collection (no ammunition).

Do you want me to come up with a list a mile long of the shit you have that aren't necessities?
neither are my guns and 30 plus years of my owning guns bears that out

no

I have no obligation to "society"

The individual is more important than the collective

Let me give you a hint

Well, TY for sharing that information. At least we now know what is minimum quantity of involuntary deaths at the hands of another we can rationally infer you find acceptable. Information gained is information gained, I guess....

it's minuscule. yet you people make it sound like an epidemic

most people who murder and most murder victims have criminal records

so couple those 2 facts and the very small percentage of people who are murdered with guns every year and you'll see that the law abiding gun owner is NOT the problem

Let me give you a hint

so couple those 2 facts and the very small percentage of people who are murdered with guns every year and you'll see that the law abiding gun owner is NOT the problem
Whatever....I merely made an observation about you.

Let me give you a hint

Whatever....I merely made an observation about you.

yes I know facts don't matter to you people

50 for me.

50 for me.
these people can't just admit that law abiding gun owners are not the problem

50 for me.
these people can't just admit that law abiding gun owners are not the problem

Actually, they know they aren't a problem....and that is the problem.....the left wingers know they can confiscate the guns of criminals...when they catch them...that is a given. The thing that infuriates them.....? Law abiding gun owners don't use their guns to commit crimes...so they can't take those guns away from people.......unless.......they create laws that turn normal, law abiding people into criminals even if they don't commit an actual crime...that is why they want to register guns.....then, if you screw up the paperwork....they get your gun....if you fail to renew your registration....they get your gun.....dittos every other dumb law that doesn't stop criminals...but makes law abiding people into criminals for mistakes in paperwork or missing dates.....

Forum List

Back