Congress votes for backpay for federal workers??

dcraelin

VIP Member
Sep 4, 2013
Congress votes for back-pay for federal workers?? So now its like a vacation for these people???

Make them take vacation pay...for at least a part of it.

Federal workers, might I suggest a trip to a winery? Great time of year for that! National parks are closed but there are plenty of private organizations that would love your patronage! Private zoos, aquariums, gardens, etc.

My dad and his co-workers rented a boat and went out on the bay a couple days ago! Split amongst friends it can be very affordable!

Go and enjoy yourselves! It's not your fault that congress is in the middle of a hissyfit.

Federal workers, might I suggest a trip to a winery? Great time of year for that! National parks are closed but there are plenty of private organizations that would love your patronage! Private zoos, aquariums, gardens, etc.

My dad and his co-workers rented a boat and went out on the bay a couple days ago! Split amongst friends it can be very affordable!

Go and enjoy yourselves! It's not your fault that congress is in the middle of a hissyfit.

I can understand why a federal worker that only gets 13 sick days, 10 Holidays and up to 26 days vacation a year (that is 2 months, 3 days) is exhausted and needs another paid furlough. If I had to work 9 months, 3 weeks and 2 days a year, I would definitely need more PAID time off.

Congress votes for back-pay for federal workers?? So now its like a vacation for these people???

Why can't the government hacks collect unemployment like anyone else?

I can understand why a federal worker that only gets 13 sick days, 10 Holidays and up to 26 days vacation a year (that is 2 months, 3 days) is exhausted and needs another paid furlough. If I had to work 9 months, 3 weeks and 2 days a year, I would definitely need more PAID time off.
It is all very well that the House wants to undo the damage to federal workers but what about the ripple effect this is causing. Major defense contractors are starting to furlough large numbers of employees. Who is going to help make up the money they will lose? Who is going to help the people who are being denied the government services they need and rely on? Where is the House on helping them?

It is all very well that the House wants to undo the damage to federal workers but what about the ripple effect this is causing. Major defense contractors are starting to furlough large numbers of employees. Who is going to help make up the money they will lose? Who is going to help the people who are being denied the government services they need and rely on? Where is the House on helping them?

Can't they collect unemployment too?

I agree with Toro. It is not the fault of the employees that The Oval Office and Capital Hill are filled with assholes that only care about making a political statement. Screw the politicians.

Yes, it is a shame that if a private business shuts its doors for a given length of time, its employees are SOL, but businesses are there to make money. They don't just close the door because the CEO (President in this case) needs a bottle and his diaper changed.

Immie

I agree with Toro. It is not the fault of the employees that The Oval Office and Capital Hill are filled with assholes that only care about making a political statement. Screw the politicians.

Yes, it is a shame that if a private business shuts its doors for a given length of time, its employees are SOL, but businesses are there to make money. They don't just close the door because the CEO (President in this case) needs a bottle and his diaper changed.

Immie

Companies close for all kinds of reasons.

Why should government employees be treated any differently than anyone else when they are laid off?

Let them apply for and collect unemployment like anyone else.

Remember, obama called these people non-essential. According to my Websters, non-essential means not needed.

So lets give them a permanent furlough. why do we need to pay for non-essential employees?

Immie

Why should government employees be treated any differently than anyone else when they are laid off?

I'm fine with letting them collect unemployment, but don't blame them because their CEO and the board of directors are a bunch of jackasses.

Immie

Last edited:
Congress did the right thing.

It's not the employees' fault the parties are incompetent.

no its not their fault but they do get the benefit of time off with back-pay, they should take a hit of some sort, 10% pay deduction, mandatory vacation time use

that would be another way to handle it

Congress did the right thing.

It's not the employees' fault the parties are incompetent.

no its not their fault but they do get the benefit of time off with back-pay, they should take a hit of some sort, 10% pay deduction, mandatory vacation time use

that would be another way to handle it

I do not understand why "they should take a hit of some sort". Why?

What have they done? There are some good benefits associated with working for the government. Some might say this is just one of those.

Immie

Why should a federal worker get special privileges to receive money that they didn't earn? Especially those in DC who make far better money than federal workers elsewhere? Do I need to get out my violin? Welcome to the 99%.

I'm not understanding why the Federal workers have to take a hit. Why do they have to use their vacation pay or take a pay cut or anything else. They didn't ask for this or cause this. And they aren't really unemployed so they don't really qualify for unemployment. And nonessential does not mean they are worthless and not needed either.

The crapping on Federal employees makes no sense.

Immie

I do not believe the government employees can collect unemployment. I think you can only collect unemployment if you don't have a job. If they had been fired they would have been eligible. However, they have NOT been fired, only furloughed. I am basing this on the fact that teachers do not work during the summer months and they cannot collect unemployment during this period. The reasoning is that they are still under contract during the summer and they still have a job although schools are not in session.

Forum List

Back