Congressional Repubs acting like feckless douches, who would have guessed?

So does Rawstory.
What aspect of the reporting by Raw Story are you disputing?

This reporting coincides with what Raw Story reported.

But Schumer said that there were still a "few outstanding issues," including hundreds of billions in aid to corporations that Democrats are calling a "slush fund." Democrats have also pointed to a provision they say would let Mnuchin authorize loans or grants but not disclose the recipients for six months.

Democrats late Sunday blocked the stimulus package from moving forward in the Senate.

"The bill still includes something that most Americans don't want to see. Large corporate bailouts with almost no strings attached," Schumer said on Monday.

they aren't known for facts.

I feel about Rawstroy the way you feel about Tucker.

they have a history of falsehoods and partisan reporting.

"The bill still includes something that most Americans don't want to see. Large corporate bailouts with almost no strings attached," Schumer said on Monday.

have you read the bill?

What does Schumer want in it that McConnell is against?
It drives me crazy when people dismiss a story because they find the source suspect rather than taking the time to refute what is being reported. So.........once again..........what aspect of this particular story reported by RS are you disputing? Did you read the article, or the one written by The Hill?

It drives me crazy when people dismiss a story because they find the source suspect

Like you did with Tuckers statement?

hypocrite.

CNBC is reporting that Mnuchin has agreed to the Dem demand of oversight on the $500B earmarked for corporate relief.

Here's what I wrote about Carlson. "I'm not saying Carlson is always wrong. But he does have a track record of lying."

So.........once again..........what aspect of this particular story reported by RS are you disputing? Did you read the article, or the one written by The Hill?

CNBC is reporting that Mnuchin has agreed to the Dem demand of oversight on the $500B earmarked for corporate relief.

Hard to tell right now, but I would guess that's not going to help. At all. Unless that slush fund is administered by an independent entity outside the control of the White House, we are not going to see who is going to benefit from it. Remember, it's basically impossible to pry loose a single document from this White House once they resolved to hide their corrupt self-dealing.

Of course, hospitality is hit hard, and Trump is having his sights on those $500bn.

“In the midst of an unprecedented national crisis, Republicans can’t seriously expect us to tell people in our communities who are suffering that we shortchanged hospitals, students, workers, and small businesses but gave big corporations hundreds of billions of dollars in a secretive slush fund,” said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., whose home state is one of the hardest-hit by the disease’s outbreak.

Murray is ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. The panel is pushing for a number of additions, including more funding for hospitals and medical equipment. It also wants the Department of Labor to create a regulatory standard protecting frontline workers, like nurses, during crises like the coronavirus.

The Democratic-led House Appropriations Committee previously criticized the Republican draft bill for “lack of supplemental funding for federal, state and local response.”
........................................................................................................................................................................................
I've been reading that hospitals in heavily impacted areas are at a point where they will not be able to make payroll soon or afford to buy needed supplies without governmental assistance. I'm not saying certain industries shouldn't get aid, I think they should if all options have been exhausted in the private market. Boeing, for example, (putting aside their culpability for the Max problems) is tremendously important to the overall economy because of all the components that go in to assembling a jetliner. They are so big shutting down production has the potential to hurt GDP by a few tenths of a percent. But we can not short change the medical facilities providing like saving care to thousands of people. Give them what they need for goodness sake.
What does the democrat green energy have to do with the Coronavirus relief?

“In the midst of an unprecedented national crisis, Republicans can’t seriously expect us to tell people in our communities who are suffering that we shortchanged hospitals, students, workers, and small businesses but gave big corporations hundreds of billions of dollars in a secretive slush fund,” said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., whose home state is one of the hardest-hit by the disease’s outbreak.

Murray is ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. The panel is pushing for a number of additions, including more funding for hospitals and medical equipment. It also wants the Department of Labor to create a regulatory standard protecting frontline workers, like nurses, during crises like the coronavirus.

The Democratic-led House Appropriations Committee previously criticized the Republican draft bill for “lack of supplemental funding for federal, state and local response.”
........................................................................................................................................................................................
I've been reading that hospitals in heavily impacted areas are at a point where they will not be able to make payroll soon or afford to buy needed supplies without governmental assistance. I'm not saying certain industries shouldn't get aid, I think they should if all options have been exhausted in the private market. Boeing, for example, (putting aside their culpability for the Max problems) is tremendously important to the overall economy because of all the components that go in to assembling a jetliner. They are so big shutting down production has the potential to hurt GDP by a few tenths of a percent. But we can not short change the medical facilities providing like saving care to thousands of people. Give them what they need for goodness sake.

Twit. Pelosi had agreed to the Bil then made Schumer kill it bacus she wanted to ad these provisions.

-Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards

-A bail out on all current debt at the Postal Service

-Required early voting

-Required same day voter registration

-Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining

-Full offset of airline emissions by 2025

-Publication and reporting of greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights

-Retirement plans for community newspaper employees

-Federal $15 minimum wage

-Permanent paid leave

-Study on climate change mitigation efforts

The provisions will apply to the companies and business rescued by bill.

Hard to tell right now, but I would guess that's not going to help.
I think you may be wrong about that. The Dems have asked for transparency and Mnuchin agreed. It was a major obstacle in passage of the bill so my guess is it passes in the Senate today.

Twit. Pelosi had agreed to the Bil then made Schumer kill it bacus she wanted to ad these provisions.

-Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards

-Required early voting

-Permanent paid leave

Source please.

-Required early voting

-Permanent paid leave

Source please.

LOL.

Here's what I wrote about Carlson. "I'm not saying Carlson is always wrong. But he does have a track record of lying."

So.........once again..........what aspect of this particular story reported by RS are you disputing? Did you read the article, or the one written by The Hill?

You also wrote this:
Leave it to Tucker to lie his ass off by completely misrepresenting the facts about the source of the conflict between Dems and the admin.

Much the same as Rawstory does.

It's hard to tell which of them is more lopsided.

I don't trust either, and to promote one over the other is insanity.

Schumer and Pelosi are both trying to load their own pork into the bills, and to say it's all on the republicans proves you to be a fool.

You are right... This is a medical problem at source. The Financial Crisis is symptom with underlying condition(s).

Fix the root problem first while managing the symptoms...

Primary resources should be in fighting the virus.

Pelosi is playing games with American lives and economics.

The list of unrelated provisions is truly incredible. Pelosi’s emergency virus bill includes “collective bargaining… for federal workers,” a federal “study on climate mitigation efforts,” tax credits for wind and solar energy, and demands that the airlines involved buy carbon credits “to fully offset [their] annual carbon emissions.” It includes “same day [voter] registration,” national early voting and “grants for conducting” election audits.

Pelosi’s emergency virus bill legislates “funding standards for community newspaper” retirement plans, cancels $10,000 off peoples’ college debts, and forces a $15 minimum wage and permanent paid leave on aid recipients.

Pelosi’s emergency virus bill cancels the Post Office’s considerable debt to taxpayers and grants it “additional borrowing authority.” It gives Washington oversight of the “corporate board diversity” for the companies involved, mandates “a comparison of pay amongst racial and ethnic minorities… as compared to their white counterparts and comparison of pay between men and women,” orders the companies to start “diversity and inclusion offices” and give those offices “officials and budget dedicated to diversity,” and it establishes a program “to expand the use of minority banks and minority credit unions.”

Here come the Democrats to the rescue with their solar and wind tax credits.

-Required early voting

-Permanent paid leave

Source please.

LOL.

I would have to see similar reporting from a reputable source before accepting that. I should also point out I have not heard references to a $15 federal minimum wage in any other reporting I've seen. Have you? Color me skeptical that the bill that gets passed will include all these provisions. If it does, that would be excellent.

All free of course
Meaning it is your suggestion that we should stand idly by and let hospitals reduce services because they can't afford to treat people? Do I have that right?
You realize that 500 billion of the bill is going to the states and cities, and another 500 billion is going directly to the people...The people who still hope they have jobs as their businesses are loosing money hand over fist still paying for their buildings and equipment that’s no longer producing money. But you’re right. Down with evil businesses.

Please provide evidence...

Why the need for the secretive no oversight $500bn for Corporations?

Why are hospitals not getting what they are asking for.

Hospitals need to stop treating patients and goto Washington and lobby for more money.

-Required early voting

-Permanent paid leave

Source please.

LOL.

I would have to see similar reporting from a reputable source before accepting that. I should also point out I have not heard references to a $15 federal minimum wage in any other reporting I've seen. Have you? Color me skeptical that the bill that gets passed will include all these provisions. If it does, that would be excellent.

One must remember what has osted prior......

"
OP
[IMG alt="berg80"]https://www.usmessageboard.com/data/avatars/m/67/67275.jpg?1583502923[/IMG]
berg80
Gold Member

JoinedOct 28, 2017Messages2,349Reaction score364Points160
29 minutes ago
WillHaftawaite said:
berg80 said:
WillHaftawaite said:
So does Rawstory.

But Schumer said that there were still a "few outstanding issues," including hundreds of billions in aid to corporations that Democrats are calling a "slush fund." Democrats have also pointed to a provision they say would let Mnuchin authorize loans or grants but not disclose the recipients for six months.

Democrats late Sunday blocked the stimulus package from moving forward in the Senate.

thehill.com

Schumer 'confident' stimulus coronavirus deal will be reached Monday
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Monday that congressional leaders and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin would reach a deal on a massive coronavirus stimulus package later in the day.
thehill.com
thehill.com

berg80 said:
have you read the bill?

"It drives me crazy when people dismiss a story because they find the source suspect rather than taking the time to refute what is being reported. So.........once again..........what aspect of this particular story reported by RS are you disputing? Did you read the article, or the one written by The Hill?"

Hypocite much?

Pelosi is playing games with American lives and economics.

The list of unrelated provisions is truly incredible. Pelosi’s emergency virus bill includes “collective bargaining… for federal workers,” a federal “study on climate mitigation efforts,” tax credits for wind and solar energy, and demands that the airlines involved buy carbon credits “to fully offset [their] annual carbon emissions.” It includes “same day [voter] registration,” national early voting and “grants for conducting” election audits.

Pelosi’s emergency virus bill legislates “funding standards for community newspaper” retirement plans, cancels $10,000 off peoples’ college debts, and forces a $15 minimum wage and permanent paid leave on aid recipients.

Pelosi’s emergency virus bill cancels the Post Office’s considerable debt to taxpayers and grants it “additional borrowing authority.” It gives Washington oversight of the “corporate board diversity” for the companies involved, mandates “a comparison of pay amongst racial and ethnic minorities… as compared to their white counterparts and comparison of pay between men and women,” orders the companies to start “diversity and inclusion offices” and give those offices “officials and budget dedicated to diversity,” and it establishes a program “to expand the use of minority banks and minority credit unions.”

Well Mitch opened with not giving Hospitals enough money and Corporation $500bn who lobbied not to help..

Difference is, Mitch doesn't mind a few dying to get what he wants...

So does Rawstory.

have you read the bill?

It drives me crazy when people dismiss a story because they find the source suspect rather than taking the time to refute what is being reported. So.........once again..........what aspect of this particular story reported by RS are you disputing? Did you read the article, or the one written by The Hill?

It drives me crazy when people dismiss a story because they find the source suspect

hypocrite.

Also with my sources, he's a joke and a hypocrite

Forum List

Back