Congressman gives warning on house floor

He's bitching that congress just wants to give out "free stuff".
Free stuff + printing money = ruining the US economy

He lists a lot (47 minutes) of free stuff. He left out "subsidies" to big corporations. Typical.

He's bitching that congress just wants to give out "free stuff".
Free stuff + printing money = ruining the US economy

He lists a lot (47 minutes) of free stuff. He left out "subsidies" to big corporations. Typical.
What subsidies would those be, and how much are they compared to the entirety of his list?

We need more elected representatives who realize it's time to end wasteful programs like welfare, medicare, and social security.

What subsidies would those be, and how much are they compared to the entirety of his list?
Subsidies are a lot, especially if you add in state subsidies. The BBB cost is about $4T. Both are wasteful. IMHO we need a "Grace Commission II" to get the Federal government back to a balanced budget. But the DC pigs don't want to cut spending, they'd rather print mo money.

Subsidies are a lot, especially if you add in state subsidies. The BBB cost is about $4T. Both are wasteful. IMHO we need a "Grace Commission II" to get the Federal government back to a balanced budget. But the DC pigs don't want to cut spending, they'd rather print mo money.

Okay, so a lot of that hinges on how they change the definition of welfare.

Welfare as defined in your last article:

n. Financial aid, such as a subsidy, provided by a government to specific individuals.

So, we see first off that corporations are not individuals but a collection of individuals with a specific goal. They try to address that later in the article but fail at it miserably. They then go on to say that welfare is direct financial payments to indivduals.

So, if we extend that definition, can you provide a list of companies that the government has provided direct financial payments too? I mean companies that the government has cut an actual check to?

You see, allowing companies to keep their own money (tax breaks) is BY NO ONES DEFINITION, welfare.

Social security is one of the greatest things America has ever create. Go ahead and run on it. Political suicide.

Okay, so a lot of that hinges on how they change the definition of welfare.
Welfare as defined in your last article: n. Financial aid, such as a subsidy, provided by a government to specific individuals.
So, we see first off that corporations are not individuals but a collection of individuals with a specific goal. They try to address that later in the article but fail at it miserably. They then go on to say that welfare is direct financial payments to indivduals.
So, if we extend that definition, can you provide a list of companies that the government has provided direct financial payments too? I mean companies that the government has cut an actual check to?
You see, allowing companies to keep their own money (tax breaks) is BY NO ONES DEFINITION, welfare.
If corporations owe taxes and then they get excused from paying those owed taxes, that is a direct deposit into their coffers. Here is the definition:

corporate welfare, noun,
"Financial aid, such as a subsidy or tax break, provided by a government to corporations or other businesses, especially when viewed as wasteful or unjust."

If corporations owe taxes and then they get excused from paying those owed taxes, that is a direct deposit into their coffers.
That isnt what a subsidy is.
I am against corporate welfare but not them keeping their own money.

If you really want a balanced budget:

1. Cut spending on the military
2. Increase taxes on the wealthy and on corporations
3. Tell the wealthy and corporations that as soon as they provide decent paying jobs to everyone, they will get a tax cut.
4. Reduce government spending on social programs as soon as #3 is satisfied.

3. Tell the wealthy and corporations that as soon as they provide decent paying jobs to everyone, they will get a tax cut.
Hey dumbfuck, raising taxes on the wealthy dont matter when they can always get out of them with loopholes and tax credits.
Try THINKING instead of regurgitating.

Hey dumbfuck, raising taxes on the wealthy dont matter when they can always get out of them with loopholes and tax credits.
Try THINKING instead of regurgitating.

Did you really expect me to give a detailed plan for increasing revenue with that 8 word statement?

Grow a brain, fool!

Did you really expect me to give a detailed plan for increasing revenue with that 8 word statement?

Grow a brain, fool!
No. I just expected you to use some sort of common sense. Guess that was too much to ask.
"Increase taxes on the rich" wont do shit for revenue.

47 minutes. What is the nature of the warning, exactly?

I watched the whole thing, but then again, I like politics and am deeply into it.

I won't try and explain it, but it appears that The House isn't doing it's job, and wasn't under Trump either, but then again, why should you or I be surprised.

One thing I will point out because I am a parent and a grandparent so it might interest people on both sides of the aisle is----------->If the defense bill coming back to the House passes, women 18 and over have to sign up for the draft.

I will let all you fathers, mothers, husbands, and grandparents mull that one over.

That isnt what a subsidy is.
I am against corporate welfare but not them keeping their own money.
Every tax break has to be paid for with higher tax rates.

So it is welfare. Everyone is paying higher taxes to pay for their tax break. Classic wealth redistribution/welfare.

1. Ban all tax expenditures (exemptions, deductions, credits).

2. Raise the Social Security/Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward.

Those two things alone would provide a massive surplus which could be used to lower tax rates for everyone, and pay down the debt.

Forum List

Back