Conservative Media is tired of defending trump

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

trump's problem are self inflicted. The repub party is beginning to realize that defending trump is causing them to take their eyes off the Dems. Time to move on?

What do you think that the GOP's prospects would be in 2024, if they told the 74 million Little Trumpsters to go to perdition and nominated Cheney, Romney or one of the Bushes?

in 2024, people are going to want to have Biden's atrocities reversed quickly. Anything that Sleepy Joe did needs canceled so we can get the country back on track.

Strictly speaking, I can't see Liz doing this, and she doesn't have a record of actual accomplishment to suggest that she could succeed even if she made promises.

trump's problem are self inflicted. The repub party is beginning to realize that defending trump is causing them to take their eyes off the Dems. Time to move on?
Well, along with the GQP politicians, MAGA media are Trump's biggest enablers.

The moment they need to throw him under the bus, they sure as hell will. The rubes will follow along, although he'll always hold a special place in their incredibly intense emotions.

They have to keep him around until they can do that without losing the base, though.

The moment they need to throw him under the bus, they sure as hell will. The rubes will follow along, although he'll always hold a special place in their incredibly intense emotions.

They have to keep him around until they can do that without losing the base, though.
That is a huge balancing act. How do they cut the chord from trump without alienating the millions who droolingly follow his every lie?

That is a huge balancing act. How do they cut the chord from trump without alienating the millions who droolingly follow his every lie?
Well, I think the rubes are ready to do it too. They love the guy, they adore the guy, but at some level they know how toxic he is. They just don't give a shit, because he's currently the best juvenile expression of their paranoid rage.

They won't speak ill of him for some time. But they'll gladly vote for De Santis if he gets the nomination or if he's close.

Democrat's will do whatever they can to keep Former President Trump in the spotlight.
The Republicans are just part of the same Establishment, playing the same game ... And crying about how it doesn't work for them.

No one is making them defend the Former President.

You may well be right. The conservative media did not jump on the Trump bandwagon until it was obvious no Republican could beat him, and now maybe they are hoping a Republican can beat him, this time. They will not jump off the bandwagon yet, but they may hang one leg over the side just in case.

As an aside, I have to wonder just which Republican they have in mind to beat Trump? A guy named "Generic non-Trump Republican" won't be on any ballot, I assure them.

Main point is that it doesn't matter very much, if any.

Trump never counted on the GOP establishment for his success, and he certainly never counted on the media for anything but attacks. All he needs are the voters, something no one seems to get but him and his voters.

Foxnews is now leaning more toward the Republican establishment in their straight news reporting,* but their Yugely popular opinion panel shows rely on several Trumpsters with one hapless liberal as a foil. They will not cut their own throats by cancelling Gutfeld, etc, and a show featuring establishment GOP talking heads would be like watching paint dry.

*As "straight" as news reporting can be if it leans one way or another

Until Cheney, Kitzinger, Romney et al can get records of actual accomplishment they can point to, the Rubes will never vote for them.

Deplorable Americans of the Semi Fascist ideology aren't interested in voting for people who just talk the conservative talk. They'd like to see action first.

Dreams.jpg

Well, I think the rubes are ready to do it too. They love the guy, they adore the guy, but at some level they know how toxic he is. They just don't give a shit, because he's currently the best juvenile expression of their paranoid rage.

They won't speak ill of him for some time. But they'll gladly vote for De Santis if he gets the nomination or if he's close.
If desantis gets the nomination.....heaven help him and the repuo party. Trump will trash him and tell his cult to stay home. And that is the best he could do. He could run as an independent or start another party.

If desantis gets the nomination.....heaven help him and the repuo party. Trump will trash him and tell his cult to stay home. And that is the best he could do. He could run as an independent or start another party.
Yeah, that's a real potential. My guess (who knows) is that if Trump thinks he can't win, he'll pull out as the victim of the Evil Satan Deep State. But since he has the temperament and brittle self esteem of a spoiled child, I wonder if he can hold his tongue when the party love goes towards De Santis.

The problem is that even if conservatives – including rightwing media – move away from Trump they still support Trump’s failed, wrongheaded agenda.

They may have grown tired of the messenger but still support the message.

What makes you think that DeSantis would primary his friend Trump in the first place?

Issue is Jim the Republican Party is damn if they stick with Trump and damn if they eject Trump because either way they lose.

Issue is Jim the Republican Party is damn if they stick with Trump and damn if they eject Trump because either way they lose.

I don't think the Republican Establishment really cares if they lose or not. Even if they do win, they would be working bipartisanly and letting the D's call the tune anyhow. It isn't like they wish to actually implement policy.

I don't think the Republican Establishment really cares if they lose or not. Even if they do win, they would be working bipartisanly and letting the D's call the tune anyhow. It isn't like they wish to actually implement policy.
Well then let have one political party rule us… I know it has been that way since I was born and we believe we have choice, but alas we truly don’t…

Its the pro biden leftwing mainstream media that is keeping the spotlight off bumbling joe and on trump

Forum List

Back