🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservative "Tax Foundation": Trump's tax plan adds 12 Trillion USD to the debt

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Tax Group: Trump Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion

The conservative Tax Foundation, which has been scoring candidates' tax proposals throughout the race, found that Trump's changes to the individual tax code would add $10.2 trillion to the deficit using traditional scoring methods, his corporate tax cuts would add $1.54 trillion and his proposal to eliminate the estate tax would add another $238 billion.

Details and Analysis of Donald Trump’s Tax Plan

Overall, the plan would reduce federal revenue on a static basis by $11.98 trillion over the next ten years. Most of the revenue loss is due to the reduction in individual income tax rates, which we project to reduce revenues by approximately $10.20 trillion over the next decade. The changes to the corporate income tax will reduce revenues by an additional $1.54 trillion over the next decade, with the remaining static cost ($238 billion) due to the elimination of the estate tax.

However, if we account for the economic growth that the plan would produce, the plan would end up lowering revenue by $10.14 trillion over the next decade. The larger economy would increase wages, which would narrow the revenue lost through the individual income tax by about $666 billion and increase payroll tax revenues by $839 billion, with the remainder of the recouped revenue coming from other taxes.

2016-09-029 Tax Foundation screenshot.png

Many Conservatives are extremely unhappy with this plan.

FYI.

The argument for a plan like Trump's is that dynamic scoring will make up for everything. Okay, good. Dynamic scoring is a very important and under-appreciated method that too many people don't understand (or purposely ignore).

And if dynamic scoring still doesn't fix it, then what you actually have is a bullshit tax idea meant to get him elected only.

So, Mr. Trump, your next step should be to tell us about the programs you're going to cut or eliminate so that this works.

Please proceed, any time.

...but his plan is the only one put forth so far and is definitely better that Hillary's so far...which is basically just to stay out of jail until she becomes President so she can Pardon herself. lol

The argument for a plan like Trump's is that dynamic scoring will make up for everything. Okay, good. Dynamic scoring is a very important and under-appreciated method that too many people don't understand (or purposely ignore).

And if dynamic scoring still doesn't fix it, then what you actually have is a bullshit tax idea meant to get him elected only.

So, Mr. Trump, your next step should be to tell us about the programs you're going to cut or eliminate so that this works.

I agree and there are loads of Fed programs that could be eliminated.

That would save millions of tax dollars and the cost of running those programs. Govt. is to damned big.

At this point, it's all conjecture, and you can manipulate the numbers to say just about anything you want.

So you can bet the progs AND the ESTABLISHMENT right is going to make it look as bad as they possibly can.

Fuck 'em, even though I wish he'd go with a flat tax.

I agree and there are loads of Fed programs that could be eliminated.

That would save millions of tax dollars and the cost of running those programs. Govt. is to damned big.

The last time we had a Republican president and Congress they ADDED federal programs.

The GOP will do what it always does. Promise tax cuts and smaller government and a balanced budget,

and then deliver only the tax cuts.

If I were going to start reducing the budget I would start with calling for an INDEPENDENT committee to review all of the many duplicate offices and organizations that do basically the same thing, Cut them down to 1 office / org - eliminate, consolidate, whatever...but I would not add the number of personnel in all offices and keep that number. Streamline, make them more efficient and effective.

I would also find and appoint an INDEPENDENT committee / group to begin reviewing the federal government's social programs - Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Social Security, Food Stamps, etc - one by one, to address and eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse within these programs. Congress continues to prove they want no part of doing so as they have kicked this can down the road for years while the problem has gotten bigger, so it is time to take it off their hands and assign it to an independent, non-partisan group qualified to tackle the job. (A room full of highly partisan lawyers is not what I consider an 'Independent, non-partisan, qualified group of experts' anyway!)

What happened to the RW'ers old 'skin in the game' rant, about low income Americans paying no federal income tax?
Trump will ADD to that number, the no-tax people.

How does Trump's personal plan equate to being the preferred plan of every Conservative in America? Libs is so crazy!

Take a breath, calm down, and realize that this is only TRUMP'S proposed plan. You also forget that every candidate can announce the craziest, wildest plan they want, but they can NOT without support from Congress!

Oh wait...that's not right. If Trump is elected HE will have his own phone and his own pen, too, and will be able to by-pass Congress and do whatever he wants....like Obama has done. LOL!

If I were going to start reducing the budget I would start with calling for an INDEPENDENT committee to review all of the many duplicate offices and organizations that do basically the same thing, Cut them down to 1 office / org - eliminate, consolidate, whatever...but I would not add the number of personnel in all offices and keep that number. Streamline, make them more efficient and effective.

I would also find and appoint an INDEPENDENT committee / group to begin reviewing the federal government's social programs - Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Social Security, Food Stamps, etc - one by one, to address and eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse within these programs. Congress continues to prove they want no part of doing so as they have kicked this can down the road for years while the problem has gotten bigger, so it is time to take it off their hands and assign it to an independent, non-partisan group qualified to tackle the job. (A room full of highly partisan lawyers is not what I consider an 'Independent, non-partisan, qualified group of experts' anyway!)
Now you're talkin'... BUT... that's not the way they do things in Washington. The establishment, left AND right, love big government, but then, that's why there's such a REVOLT going on within the republican party, and the three OUTSIDER candidates are leading the pack, Trump, Carson and Fiorina.

Ah, I get it.

The far right, like Vigi, wants free stuff.
They always did.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

:haha: You are sadly mistaken....You have confused the GOP with LBJ, the architect of 'Economic Slavery', and the Liberals who have made a career out of addicting people to government handouts and keeping them from becoming successful so they can keep their votes in exchange for all those freebies!

The Liberals learned long ago that if you can keep someone down economically, keep them from succeeding, and keep them dependent on politicians who give them free stuff those people will continue to vote for those who give them free stuff. This works great...until they run out of other people's money with which they buy all that 'free' stuff they dole out.

Good stuff.

And this is the problem (for me, anyway) when discussing either taxing or spending: Until we make government as efficient as possible, there really is no way to know about the relationship between expenditures and revenue. What good does fiscal policy do if the very mechanism that spends the money is a black hole?

And making government as efficient as possible does NOT mean cutting or eliminating programs on its face. But any reasonable person, I sure would think, would want to minimize waste in the dollars the taxpayers are providing. Independent, non-partisan auditing is the only way to do this.

I never see this discussed as the two sides scream at each other. Maybe neither side wants to agree with the other on anything, even something this obvious.

[
Now you're talkin'... BUT... that's not the way they do things in Washington. The establishment, left AND right, love big government, but then, that's why there's such a REVOLT going on within the republican party, and the three OUTSIDER candidates are leading the pack, Trump, Carson and Fiorina.

No, the way they do things in Washington is to refuse to address the fraud, waste, and abuse, pass Continuing Resolutions' to continue all of it going, and as you point out even the GOP has been assimilated by the Liberal Borg Collective - 'they love them some big gubmint'! That's why the new President needs to take these things out of the hands of the career politicians on both sides of the aisle in DC.

Perhaps the President should order all budgets be created with the assistance of a Federal CPA Overseer, as a roomful of millionaire lawyers focusing on being re-elected has been proven to be a bad method of devising a fiscally responsible budget.

Forum List

Back