Conservatives proven right again: Biden/Harris pressured Social media to censor free speech

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a letter on Monday that the Biden-Harris administration repeatedly pressured his company — which includes Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and more — to censor content that is protected free speech.

Zuckerberg made the admission in a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) this week in which he said that his goal moving forward was to “be neutral and not play a role one way or another” for either any political party or ideology. He said he doesn’t even want the appearance of playing a role and will not be making political contributions.

“In 2021, senior officials from the Biden Administration, including the White House, repeatedly pressured our teams for months to censor certain COVID-19 content, including humor and satire, and expressed a lot of frustration with our teams when we didn’t agree,” he said in the letter. “Ultimately, it was our decision whether or not to take content down, and we own our decisions, including COVID-19-related changes we made to our enforcement in the wake of this pressure.”
“I believe the government pressure was wrong, and I regret that we were not more outspoken about it,” he continued. “I also think we made some choices that. with the benefit of hindsight and new information, we wouldn’t make today. Like I said to our teams at the time, I feel strongly that we should not compromise our content standards due to pressure from any Administration in either direction — and we’re ready to push back if something like this happens again.”

Well, Conservatives were right again.

The Biden/Harris administration ordered big tech to censor Americans who said the wrong things on social media.

Joseph Stalin would be proud, but at least we are finding out about the Democrat authoritarianism and can react accordingly

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a letter on Monday that the Biden-Harris administration repeatedly pressured his company — which includes Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and more — to censor content that is protected free speech.

Zuckerberg made the admission in a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) this week in which he said that his goal moving forward was to “be neutral and not play a role one way or another” for either any political party or ideology. He said he doesn’t even want the appearance of playing a role and will not be making political contributions.

“In 2021, senior officials from the Biden Administration, including the White House, repeatedly pressured our teams for months to censor certain COVID-19 content, including humor and satire, and expressed a lot of frustration with our teams when we didn’t agree,” he said in the letter. “Ultimately, it was our decision whether or not to take content down, and we own our decisions, including COVID-19-related changes we made to our enforcement in the wake of this pressure.”
“I believe the government pressure was wrong, and I regret that we were not more outspoken about it,” he continued. “I also think we made some choices that. with the benefit of hindsight and new information, we wouldn’t make today. Like I said to our teams at the time, I feel strongly that we should not compromise our content standards due to pressure from any Administration in either direction — and we’re ready to push back if something like this happens again.”

The Biden/Harris administration ordered big tech to censor Americans who said the wrong things on social media.

Joseph Stalin would be proud, but at least we are finding out about the Democrat authoritarianism and can react accordingly
“Ultimately, it was our decision whether or not to take content down, and we own our decisions, including COVID-19-related changes we made to our enforcement in the wake of this pressure.”

^ There you go, you dumb fucks

“Ultimately, it was our decision whether or not to take content down, and we own our decisions, including COVID-19-related changes we made to our enforcement in the wake of this pressure.”

Why are they trying to apply the pressure? Why are they pressuring social media companies?

It’s telling if their motives, which most non-bubble citizens see. RFK mentioned how much Democrats seek censorship.

Why are they trying to apply the pressure? Why are they pressuring social media companies?

It’s telling if their motives, which most non-bubble citizens see. RFK mentioned how much Democrats seek censorship.

Yeah....no freedom of speech issues here.

It's amazing any of the clowns from the left even attempt to justify this (which they do....and rather stupidly).

This thread will wash away quickly as they are all using the "ignore it and it will go away approach".

After all, they are all feeling so much JOY.

What part of under pressure do you not understand, vanilla ice?
:rolleyes:

Biden was elected by the MSM and deep state only by hiding Hunter's laptop crimes.

51 traitors need to have their security clearances pulled.

If you support censorship, raise your right hand!!!

R.26531a60b712f97c24e4947d122b8dd7

So Zuck had one of those infamous election-season "conversions" (seeing Trump on the horizon)

Wonder how long that will last?

If Trump wins, maybe it will last 4 years.. Who knows?

1724784039779.png

I would say in last 5/6 years many of the punitive and restrictive things we were put through that we identified as fake, wrong, excessive, needless have in about 17 of 20 cases proven to be correct as we originally so stated

Forum List

Back