Conservatives push for end of "no fault" divorce

People who are in pain from their marriage whether from a stubbed toe or character assassination, have no business staying married. The until death do you part vow is just not a good enough reason.
No, they clearly just shouldn’t get married.

Nobody can answer this: Why does anyone outside of the church want to get married?

Just have pre-nups and civil union protections

Nobody can answer this: Why does anyone outside of the church want to get married?

They have no idea when they marry that a day may come when they get to the end of their rope, they find a noose. Every one, for the most part thinks this is forever.

So let me try and understand this. People who you recognize shouldn't have gotten married in the first place you want to force to stay married but only if we include the added element of forcing them to stay miserably married with a kid? Makes perfect fucking sense.

So let me try and understand this. People who you recognize shouldn't have gotten married in the first place you want to force to stay married but only if we include the added element of forcing them to stay miserably married with a kid? Makes perfect fucking sense.

Nothing says 'liberty' and 'freedom' like the State FORCING people to continuing in a marriage they don't want to be in.

I can understand why say, Stephen Crowder might want this.

But why would his ex-wife?

Nothing says 'liberty' and 'freedom' like the State FORCING people to continuing in a marriage they don't want to be in.

I can understand why say, Stephen Crowder might want this.

But why would his ex-wife?

And why would Stephen Crowder, a man worth millions....have only one car?

Simple: it isolates his wife and make her easier to control.

Which might explain why she's his ex-wife. And why no fault divorce is necessary.

Seriously?? “ Nobody can answer this: Why does anyone outside of the church want to get married? “ You need to get out more and talk to some people . People get married for a variety of reasons. For some, those reasons include a religious commitment, but whether or not you get married religiously or not, there are many benefits-financially, legally and as a social status that everyone shares. A pre nup or civil union will not -for instance- result in you partner being able to access you social security or health benefits. In addition, marriage bestows a certain social status that is universally understood.

The great majority of people who marry go into it with high expectations and a belief that they will be able to make it work. Apparently you believe that if people are also realistic and understand that down the road, they may want to split is reason to not get married at all is ridiculous, naive , and outright bizarre. And, your apparent double standard for those who chose to marry in a “church” as opposed to those who do is insulting and bigoted. Interestingly, conservatives have been accusing liberals of being anti marriage, but I am willing to bet that you are anything but a liberal. Go figure. You have some very strange ideas indeed.

Forum List

Back