Conservatives push for end of "no fault" divorce

The Troubling data of single parent children is undeniable, even if you try.

Far higher rates of crime, drug use, depression, suicide, etc.

It drowns out any theories you have

So...you are saying that a woman should stay married to a man who uses her as his punching bag.

I guess if you think sacrifice isn’t a good thing, and appeal to one’s immediate desires… I could see someone thinking as you do.

Kids generally bring happiness though. You keep advocating against what brings humans happiness.. it’s odd

That's the stupidest thing ever posted on this site.

In my experience, most divorces don't happen because of a fight. Most divorces are initiated by a woman who simply wants to change her life.

My friend's divorce was initiated when his wife gave him the clap.

This sounds like you have a personal problem and are just projecting it onto everyone.

We know married women with children are the happiest. We know they prefer to work less hours and generally don’t get the same fulfillment from long grueling days at work.

"We" know that? Got a mouse in your pocket?

It wouldn’t be available to men either

So...you prefer dead bodies to divorces.

Divorce is a huge need to protect. Take away divorce and very few would ever get married.

Or many would become widows.

For one thing you are probably just considering physical abuse. Abuse come in many forms. Then too there are people who just hate each other so much that it oozes from their pores. Some are just done. Every day is a day their lives are a waste. They may as well be dead.

Or they simply crawl into a bottle, because they don't care as much after a fifth of vodka. (Or a couple hits of meth, or cocaine, or a fistful of Oxys.)

Problem with this line of thought is marriage is NOT a contract, but a covenant to be solemnly entered into before G-d. And marriage, contrary to popular belief, is meant to be a lifetime commitment.

No, it's a contract. My wife and I were married by a judge, no religious involvement whatsoever. My sister and brother-in-law were married by a JP.

It should be tougher to get a divorce. When it's so easy, people don't have as much incentive to work it out.

At some point, it becomes easier to simply become a widow.

Problem with this line of thought is marriage is NOT a contract, but a covenant to be solemnly entered into before G-d. And marriage, contrary to popular belief, is meant to be a lifetime commitment.

There was marriage long before Christianity.

I said physically abusive situations are exceptions. Read before you respond

However, those are not nearly the majority

Explain why. If you can’t, you’re just triggered

You make a grandiose claim that children "bring happiness." You ignore, of course, the many parents who HATE their children and regret ever having them. Since actually saying that to ANYONE (even a doctor) can get you locked up, they often self-medicate instead.

It's ridiculous to have to prove anything to the state to get a divorce. How the children and marital assets get handled should be a separate thing.

Why is she getting married if a stubbed toe will cause her to want to leave?

Who says its a stubbed toe? Again, if EITHER party doesn't want to be married, why would you force them?

Conservatives love to give lip service to 'liberty'. And then want to use the power of the state to force women to stay in relationships they don't want to be in.

It's ridiculous to have to prove anything to the state to get a divorce. How the children and marital assets get handled should be a separate thing.
I don't know about all states, but in California children and assets are treated as separate issues. Companion animals are treated like children.

But you think a stubbed toe means it’s okay to just bounce on a vow of until death do you part?

If that’s how they feel, they shouldn’t be getting married
People who are in pain from their marriage whether from a stubbed toe or character assassination, have no business staying married. The until death do you part vow is just not a good enough reason.

Who says its a stubbed toe? Again, if EITHER party doesn't want to be married, why would you force them?

Conservatives love to give lip service to 'liberty'. And then want to use the power of the state to force women to stay in relationships they don't want to be in.
Why make a vow that you have no intention of fulfilling?

Forum List

Back