🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Constitution Says Trump Can Cut Off Funds to Sanctuary Cities

Of course he's going to take that step. He can hurt them in a lot more ways than they think he can. Seems like people would have learned not to fuck with this guy by now... he's a smart cookie, you fuck with him and he's going to make you pay for it. He's demonstrated that time and time again through the primaries and general election.

Democrats are going to discover they are MUCH better off working WITH him rather than against him.

Of course he's going to take that step. He can hurt them in a lot more ways than they think he can. Seems like people would have learned not to fuck with this guy by now... he's a smart cookie, you fuck with him and he's going to make you pay for it. He's demonstrated that time and time again through the primaries and general election.

Democrats are going to discover they are MUCH better off working WITH him rather than against him.
You are very silly if you think it is only an one-way street.

If, according to SCOTUS, the federal government can blackmail states into establishing a 21 year old drinking age minimum by withholding highway funding, I don't see why they can't withhold other federal funding to cities who defy our immigration laws.

Under the coming circumstances, it will very much be a one-way street.

Why are we giving money to cities anyway? I thought it was the rural areas needing welfare?

Can someone tell me why it is a bad thing to defund sanctuary cities? Why is the American taxpayer on the hook? If a state, town or city wants illegals let them fund them themselves. That seems fair to me.

If, according to SCOTUS, the federal government can blackmail states into establishing a 21 year old drinking age minimum by withholding highway funding, I don't see why they can't withhold other federal funding to cities who defy our immigration laws.

yep, once the anti-federalists convinced a court that drinking ages can be tied to highway funds, the ability of the feds to bully States was established.

It's a one way street with Trump. You either work with him or he will crush you.

What's Los Angeles going to do to Trump, send their crappy leftard infrastructure to DC? :lmao:

upload_2016-12-7_9-1-1.png

Break Federal Law, you don't get Federal money.

It's a pretty simple concept. Dems know it well from threatening North Carolina with the same consequences for defying Obama's genitals/bathroom executive order.

GOP just introduced a bill to cut off funding to all universities that refuse to fly the American flag.

Can someone tell me why it is a bad thing to defund sanctuary cities? Why is the American taxpayer on the hook? If a state, town or city wants illegals let them fund them themselves. That seems fair to me.

Of course. It's not only "LEGAL", it should be done.

We can use the money saved to build the border barrier.

IMO, some of them have left him little choice.

By spitting in his eye with their statements of defiance instead of doing the smart thing and trying to have a discussion/negotiation if for no other reason than to stall the guy, they have made a huge tactical error.

If he does nothing they win by default and he looks like a fool. He is not stupid and knows that. If he has the legal latitude he should jam it squarely up these particular cities' asses as hard and as fast as he can within the limits of the law to make examples of them, then see who else wants some of that shitburger.

Huge mistake by those folks, IMO.

Sanctuary cities don't need that Federal money anyways! They are perfectly run on their own.:beer:

If the GOP Congress cuts federal funds to "sanctuary cities", I would not be surprised if the first thing those cities do in response to the budget crunch is to cut their police forces.

After all, enforcing immigration federal laws comes out of local budgets, and that is why those cities refuse to enforce them.

Cut their budgets, they will cut back on cops.

And I am sure you rubes won't be hypocrites and will demand the GOP Congress remove all federal funding to those states which are refusing to enforce other federal laws. Like marijuana laws.

Kiss your federal funds goodbye, Alaska! Say goodbye to federal funds, Arizona! Ohio? Yeah, fuck off!

kbpvm0.jpg

If the GOP Congress cuts federal funds to "sanctuary cities", I would not be surprised if the first thing those cities to in response to the budget crunch is to cut their police forces.

After all, enforcing immigration federal laws comes out of local budgets, and that is why those cities refuse to enforce them.

Cut their budgets, they will cut back on cops.

And let's hope the GOP doesn't go all hypocritical and not cut funds to the states which are refusing to enforce other federal laws. Like marijuana laws.

kbpvm0.jpg
That is their prerogative. If they don't need cops then by all means cut them.

Forum List

Back