Control freaks

The dear leader doesn't have the authority to expand the legal definition of a gun dealer, the law explicitly confines it to federally licensed dealers. An injunction stopping him would be issued by a federal judge within hours.

"Control freaks"

That would be our friends on the right – whether seeking to control the reproductive rights of women, denying gay Americans their protected liberties, or placing an unnecessary burden on the right to vote, we'll find conservatives and republicans behind efforts to control the lives of Americans through force of law.

The White House will likely go around Congress and require background checks for all "in the business" of selling firearms.

will likely .... conjecture

in the business ... already taking place

as a gun owner I'm not too concerned. Nobody is going to knock on my door and get any of my guns. If I buy a gun from another collector I might have to go through a dealer to get it shipped to me .. unless I drive directly to the sellers residence, pay cash like always, and personally pick it up.

quit whining like little girls, you can always buy a piece from some thug that robbed someone like me, and not a soul will know it.

'The White House will likely go around Congress and require background checks for all "in the business" of selling firearms.'

And yet another lie from the reprehensible right.

Such an EO would in no way 'go around' Congress.

What Barrett fails to acknowledge is that if the EO is implemented, it will have no effect on those who make occasional private, face to face gun sales or trades, purchasing or trading firearms for their own personal collection or use; the EO would provide enforcement clarification only, no 'change' in the law would occur, nor would any 'new law' be 'created,' as the enforcement clarification would apply only to dealers who sell 50 or more firearms per year.

The White House will likely go around Congress and require background checks for all "in the business" of selling firearms.

will likely .... conjecture

in the business ... already taking place

as a gun owner I'm not too concerned. Nobody is going to knock on my door and get any of my guns. If I buy a gun from another collector I might have to go through a dealer to get it shipped to me .. unless I drive directly to the sellers residence, pay cash like always, and personally pick it up.

quit whining like little girls, you can always buy a piece from some thug that robbed someone like me, and not a soul will know it.
Correct.

Indeed, if you buy a gun from a private seller who sells less then 50 guns per year, you wouldn't be required to have a background check completed.

This is just more partisan whining from the right, another non-issue contrived into a 'controversy.'

Ruth will go before he does

No great loss to the art of Law in my opinion. I'm sure she's a nice person but there is scant chance that someone of that age could have a full understanding of the practical impact of some of the rulings they could be expected to hand down. We desperately need term limits for Supreme Court Justices.

The dear leader doesn't have the authority to expand the legal definition of a gun dealer, the law explicitly confines it to federally licensed dealers. An injunction stopping him would be issued by a federal judge within hours.

This is DumBama we are talking about here. When did he ever care about the law or the will of the people? He's against such things because they get in his way.

Forum List

Back