Convincing argument for 30-rd magazines

Surely you are not so low as to try to score political points off of the death of an American Hero who was killed by another Veteran who is suffering from PTSD. A person that Kyle was trying to help.

Why should I not be surprised? Obama has not even acknowledged that Kyle lived, was a hero, or that he was killed while helping other veterans. Yet he sent Michelle to make political hay at the funeral of a girl that was at his inauguration. A girl killed by gangbangers.

Leftist Gun Grabbers just aren't honest people.

He was armed and trained and he still was gunned down. Surely you aren't going to ignore the fact that this would blow a rather large hole in your argument that being armed is the ultimate protection against bad guys and crazy people.

if you can show where I ever said that simply by owning a gun it made me invincible to being harmed by another person, you just may have a point.

But I have never claimed that, nor has anyone else that I know of. So either you are simply mistaken in what you have thought we have been saying, or you are simply a liar who is building strawmen and false statements and claims because you have nothing on your side to truly support your position.

Oh, so gun ownership ISN'T a deterrence to violence. Thanks for clearing that up.

He was armed and trained and he still was gunned down. Surely you aren't going to ignore the fact that this would blow a rather large hole in your argument that being armed is the ultimate protection against bad guys and crazy people.

if you can show where I ever said that simply by owning a gun it made me invincible to being harmed by another person, you just may have a point.

But I have never claimed that, nor has anyone else that I know of. So either you are simply mistaken in what you have thought we have been saying, or you are simply a liar who is building strawmen and false statements and claims because you have nothing on your side to truly support your position.

Oh, so gun ownership ISN'T a deterrence to violence. Thanks for clearing that up.

Didn't say that either.

Please tell me.. Do you have a reading/comprehension problem or are you simply a liar?

If you have a reading/comprehension issue, I can live with that and will use smaller words to help you. If you are simply a liar, I can live with that by simply scrolling past your posts.

Keep in mind that M14 does not believe that the convicted criminal should have to undergo a background check before HE buys his machine gun with a 30 round magazine.

Machine gun? You want MORE laws but do not even know what the fuck we have now!

Keep in mind that M14 does not believe that the convicted criminal should have to undergo a background check before HE buys his machine gun with a 30 round magazine.

Criminals get their guns on the black market...no questions ask...just show me the money.

Talk with some sense...maybe someone will listen to you.

Well then the woman in the OP can go get her hi-cap magazine on the black market.

GREAT POINT! Everyone will get their stuff from th eblack market. Criminals that is..

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Criminals get their guns on the black market...no questions ask...just show me the money.

The fact that people can and do run stop signs is not an argument for eliminating stop signs.

The fact that people have molested children at daycare centers is not an argument for eliminating background checks for daycare center job applicants.

Yeah that whole argument "criminals will break the law anyway" is full of crap. I can't believe it still gets trotted out these days.

Sure it has, you just want to ignore all the countries that have figured out how to do it right. Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, UK, etc.......all countries that have lower gun violence than our country. Sorry that the facts don't agree with your narrow view.

Because you say it, doens't make it so...

When you Compare the Areas of our Country with the Strickest Gun Laws, they are the MOST Violent...

Fact.

Compare Texas to Australia.

And then look at the areas where the most Violence happens?... In the DemocRAT Population Centers where Gun Laws are the Strictest.

:)

peace...

Ok I compared Texas to Australia and Australia is much safer. I win. What's your point again?

Oh and learn to spell.....Strickest. LOL.

Calling out a Typo as a Distraction to your Lack of Substance...

Got it.

The Fact Remains that the Strictest Areas on the US make up the LION'S Share of the Violence...

All DemocRAT Control Areas.

You can't get past this Reality.

Aside from the Ft. Hood Terrorist there hasn't been a Mass Shooting in Texas for the same amount of time that Australia has gone without since tightening up their Gun Laws.

Texas and Australia are a lot alike in Size/Popluation.

Texas also has that Pesky Third World Nation across it's Southern Border.

And still as Safe as Australia.

Tell me again about Australia?...

peace...

Didn't say that either.

Please tell me.. Do you have a reading/comprehension problem or are you simply a liar?

If you have a reading/comprehension issue, I can live with that and will use smaller words to help you. If you are simply a liar, I can live with that by simply scrolling past your posts.

I'm sorry that every viewpoint that you're told to believe in doesn't hold up when facts and common sense are applied.

Because you say it, doens't make it so...

When you Compare the Areas of our Country with the Strickest Gun Laws, they are the MOST Violent...

Fact.

Compare Texas to Australia.

And then look at the areas where the most Violence happens?... In the DemocRAT Population Centers where Gun Laws are the Strictest.

peace...

Ok I compared Texas to Australia and Australia is much safer. I win. What's your point again?

Oh and learn to spell.....Strickest. LOL.

Calling out a Typo as a Distraction to your Lack of Substance...

Got it.

The Fact Remains that the Strictest Areas on the US make up the LION'S Share of the Violence...

All DemocRAT Control Areas.

You can't get past this Reality.

Aside from the Ft. Hood Terrorist there hasn't been a Mass Shooting in Texas for the same amount of time that Australia has gone without since tightening up their Gun Laws.

Texas and Australia are a lot alike in Size/Popluation.

Texas also has that Pesky Third World Nation across it's Southern Border.

And still as Safe as Australia.

Tell me again about Australia?...

peace...

Australia is much safer than the United States because they have proper gun control. Thanks for proving my point....again.

The same argument for 30 round mags can be used against 30 round mags.

99.99999% of the time, in the US, magazine size doesnt matter. It is extremely rare for a home invasion to be done by more than 2-3 people. Police statistics show that it is extremely rare for a gunfight between 2 or 3 individuals last more than 5-10 shots before someone is either dead, or has run away. Modern, urban gunfights in American are very quick, very violent, very SHORT. Look at police gunfights. A magazine change on a 15 round Glock (most commonly carried police pistol) is very rare in a police gunfight. Its usually over after the first few shots.

So, if you are a random US citizen, and have a 30 round mag, and get into a gunfight, it is extremely likely that it'll be over by your 5th or 6th shot.

And the same can be said for a criminal. It is extremely rare that a criminal uses more than 5-10 shots in a crime using a gun. The mass shootings, as bad as they are, are statistically very rare.

We dont live in a domestic war zone (thank God, thank the military, thank the police). Therefore, the need for a 30 round magazine by the common citizen is almost non-existent......HOWEVER, the USE of a 30 round mag, or, the firing of over 10 rounds...by a criminal, is also very rare.

So, banning a 30 round mag will do little to nothing to affect crime, and banning them would do little to nothing to affect personal defense.

30 round mags are a literal non-issue. So, like weed, I say DO NOT ban them, because it's just one more fucking thing our already understaffed and underfunded police have to worry about enforcing.

It may be likely that it would be over by the 5th and 6th shot, but that doesn't mean it definitely will be over by then, when defending my home from unlikely probabilities, I much prefer to be prepared for the worst case scenario... It's just common sense.

My personal opinion is that I am far less concerned with what kind of gun and what kind of clip a person has than I am about how well they secure their weapon.

Gun owners should be held liable if they are neglegent in securing their weapon and that weapon winds up being used in a crime.

But I am still waiting for the promised convincing argument

Last edited:

Machine gun? You want MORE laws but do not even know what the fuck we have now!

M14Shooter believes that banning automatic weapons in any way is unconstitutional.

He believes that any background check whatsoever is unconstitutional.

If you agree with him, you're as retarded as he is.

Well then the woman in the OP can go get her hi-cap magazine on the black market.

GREAT POINT! Everyone will get their stuff from th eblack market. Criminals that is..

Then you must support legalizing child prostitution, since despite it being illegal, it still happens.

You are one sick fuck.

The fact that people can and do run stop signs is not an argument for eliminating stop signs.

The fact that people have molested children at daycare centers is not an argument for eliminating background checks for daycare center job applicants.

Yeah that whole argument "criminals will break the law anyway" is full of crap. I can't believe it still gets trotted out these days.

Please show me one law that has not been broken. One crime that has been prevented because it was against the law.

Didn't say that either.

I'm sorry that every viewpoint that you're told to believe in doesn't hold up when facts and common sense are applied.

Ok, so you are liar who makes up positions for other people than demand that they defend something they never said.

I've met your type before.

They usually don't last long on a board because people stop trying to hold discussions with them.

Please show me one law that has not been broken. One crime that has been prevented because it was against the law.

If you believe that law doesn't prevent crime, why have any law?

The same argument for 30 round mags can be used against 30 round mags.

99.99999% of the time, in the US, magazine size doesnt matter. It is extremely rare for a home invasion to be done by more than 2-3 people. Police statistics show that it is extremely rare for a gunfight between 2 or 3 individuals last more than 5-10 shots before someone is either dead, or has run away. Modern, urban gunfights in American are very quick, very violent, very SHORT. Look at police gunfights. A magazine change on a 15 round Glock (most commonly carried police pistol) is very rare in a police gunfight. Its usually over after the first few shots.

So, if you are a random US citizen, and have a 30 round mag, and get into a gunfight, it is extremely likely that it'll be over by your 5th or 6th shot.

And the same can be said for a criminal. It is extremely rare that a criminal uses more than 5-10 shots in a crime using a gun. The mass shootings, as bad as they are, are statistically very rare.

We dont live in a domestic war zone (thank God, thank the military, thank the police). Therefore, the need for a 30 round magazine by the common citizen is almost non-existent......HOWEVER, the USE of a 30 round mag, or, the firing of over 10 rounds...by a criminal, is also very rare.

So, banning a 30 round mag will do little to nothing to affect crime, and banning them would do little to nothing to affect personal defense.

30 round mags are a literal non-issue. So, like weed, I say DO NOT ban them, because it's just one more fucking thing our already understaffed and underfunded police have to worry about enforcing.

It may be likely that it would be over by the 5th and 6th shot, but that doesn't mean it definitely will be over by then, when defending my home from unlikely probabilities, I much prefer to be prepared for the worst case scenario... It's just common sense.

Worst case would be a Chinese attack helicopter hovering over your home reigning down hell.

Should you own an RPG or anti-aircraft gun to combat that worst case scenario?

Wait. Worst case may be a SCUD missile fired at your home, or an ICBM from Russia. Shouldn't you have some Patriot Missile defense systems on top of your garage? Or some Israeli style "Iron Shield" weapon systems in your backyard next to the pool?

Still waiting for that convincing argument you promised.
The Convincing Argument is that Criminals are not going to Respect the Limitations on Rounds in Magazines...
The argument is obvious, and made plain.
In a situation where you life is on the line, you want every advantage you can have.
The anti-gun loons want to deny you that advantage.

I think it's GREAT that there are so many anti-gun loons out there.

It will make it REALLY easy to identify them, and detain them, or otherwise, when the civil war begins.

Forum List

Back