Convincing argument for 30-rd magazines

Yeah that whole argument "criminals will break the law anyway" is full of crap. I can't believe it still gets trotted out these days.

Please show me one law that has not been broken. One crime that has been prevented because it was against the law.

If you believe that law doesn't prevent crime, why have any law?

Are you going to show one crime that was prevent because of the law?

You are the one that made that claim, not me.

Our anti-gun friends would prefer the criminal have a fair chance by limiting this woman to 5-6 rounds in a shotgun or revolver.
A fair chance at what, they never really say.

Yeah_zps8966e70d.jpg

It would be a more convincing argument if she were topless

The same argument for 30 round mags can be used against 30 round mags.

99.99999% of the time, in the US, magazine size doesnt matter. It is extremely rare for a home invasion to be done by more than 2-3 people. Police statistics show that it is extremely rare for a gunfight between 2 or 3 individuals last more than 5-10 shots before someone is either dead, or has run away. Modern, urban gunfights in American are very quick, very violent, very SHORT. Look at police gunfights. A magazine change on a 15 round Glock (most commonly carried police pistol) is very rare in a police gunfight. Its usually over after the first few shots.

So, if you are a random US citizen, and have a 30 round mag, and get into a gunfight, it is extremely likely that it'll be over by your 5th or 6th shot.

And the same can be said for a criminal. It is extremely rare that a criminal uses more than 5-10 shots in a crime using a gun. The mass shootings, as bad as they are, are statistically very rare.

We dont live in a domestic war zone (thank God, thank the military, thank the police). Therefore, the need for a 30 round magazine by the common citizen is almost non-existent......HOWEVER, the USE of a 30 round mag, or, the firing of over 10 rounds...by a criminal, is also very rare.

So, banning a 30 round mag will do little to nothing to affect crime, and banning them would do little to nothing to affect personal defense.

30 round mags are a literal non-issue. So, like weed, I say DO NOT ban them, because it's just one more fucking thing our already understaffed and underfunded police have to worry about enforcing.

It may be likely that it would be over by the 5th and 6th shot, but that doesn't mean it definitely will be over by then, when defending my home from unlikely probabilities, I much prefer to be prepared for the worst case scenario... It's just common sense.

Worst case would be a Chinese attack helicopter hovering over your home reigning down hell.

Should you own an RPG or anti-aircraft gun to combat that worst case scenario?

Wait. Worst case may be a SCUD missile fired at your home, or an ICBM from Russia. Shouldn't you have some Patriot Missile defense systems on top of your garage? Or some Israeli style "Iron Shield" weapon systems in your backyard next to the pool?

All of those ridiculous hypothetical, and nonsensical possibilities you bring up are covered by our Military. The Military IS the one expense the Government is supposed to fund with our Tax dollars, not entitlement programs for lazy people. It must be very frightening for you to live your life in fear of Chinese helicopters which don't have the fuel capacity to make it to your neighborhood anyway. :cuckoo:

The same argument for 30 round mags can be used against 30 round mags.

99.99999% of the time, in the US, magazine size doesnt matter. It is extremely rare for a home invasion to be done by more than 2-3 people. Police statistics show that it is extremely rare for a gunfight between 2 or 3 individuals last more than 5-10 shots before someone is either dead, or has run away. Modern, urban gunfights in American are very quick, very violent, very SHORT. Look at police gunfights. A magazine change on a 15 round Glock (most commonly carried police pistol) is very rare in a police gunfight. Its usually over after the first few shots.

So, if you are a random US citizen, and have a 30 round mag, and get into a gunfight, it is extremely likely that it'll be over by your 5th or 6th shot.

And the same can be said for a criminal. It is extremely rare that a criminal uses more than 5-10 shots in a crime using a gun. The mass shootings, as bad as they are, are statistically very rare.

We dont live in a domestic war zone (thank God, thank the military, thank the police). Therefore, the need for a 30 round magazine by the common citizen is almost non-existent......HOWEVER, the USE of a 30 round mag, or, the firing of over 10 rounds...by a criminal, is also very rare.

So, banning a 30 round mag will do little to nothing to affect crime, and banning them would do little to nothing to affect personal defense.

30 round mags are a literal non-issue. So, like weed, I say DO NOT ban them, because it's just one more fucking thing our already understaffed and underfunded police have to worry about enforcing.

It may be likely that it would be over by the 5th and 6th shot, but that doesn't mean it definitely will be over by then, when defending my home from unlikely probabilities, I much prefer to be prepared for the worst case scenario... It's just common sense.

Worst case would be a Chinese attack helicopter hovering over your home reigning down hell.

Wait. Worst case may be a SCUD missile fired at your home, or an ICBM from Russia. Shouldn't you have some Patriot Missile defense systems on top of your garage? Or some Israeli style "Iron Shield" weapon systems in your backyard next to the pool?

i'm guessing you never saw Red Dawn

Every gun nuts fantasy

Wolverine!

Every gun nuts fantasy

Wolverine!
sadly i fear my own current government more than the communists.

The fact that people can and do run stop signs is not an argument for eliminating stop signs.

The fact that people have molested children at daycare centers is not an argument for eliminating background checks for daycare center job applicants.

Yeah that whole argument "criminals will break the law anyway" is full of crap. I can't believe it still gets trotted out these days.

Please show me one law that has not been broken. One crime that has been prevented because it was against the law.

So laws have absolutely no value as deterrents?

Are you intentionally trying to be stupid?

i agree, so why do we spend billions of dollars every year for the war on drugs when there is clearly no need?

You would rather disenfranchise Millions of Law abiding citizens in hopes that across the board Unconstitutional gun legislation might deter one nut from going off the deep end with a gun, and you call others stupid? :cuckoo:

Didn't say that either.

Please tell me.. Do you have a reading/comprehension problem or are you simply a liar?

If you have a reading/comprehension issue, I can live with that and will use smaller words to help you. If you are simply a liar, I can live with that by simply scrolling past your posts.

I'm sorry that every viewpoint that you're told to believe in doesn't hold up when facts and common sense are applied.

Ok, so you are liar who makes up positions for other people than demand that they defend something they never said.

I've met your type before.

They usually don't last long on a board because people stop trying to hold discussions with them.

I've been here since 2010, you've been here a month, but otherwise, solid point. Really.

You would rather disenfranchise Millions of Law abiding citizens in hopes that across the board Unconstitutional gun legislation might deter one nut from going off the deep end with a gun, and you call others stupid? :cuckoo:

yet he will argue we can't have a voter id because itmight inconvenience some voter who doesn't even understand what the issues are

I'm sorry that every viewpoint that you're told to believe in doesn't hold up when facts and common sense are applied.

Ok, so you are liar who makes up positions for other people than demand that they defend something they never said.

They usually don't last long on a board because people stop trying to hold discussions with them.

I've been here since 2010, you've been here a month, but otherwise, solid point. Really.

9,339 posts in two years.

Yep, a really prolific poster you are. You get into a lot of discussions. Usually with yourself I'll bet.

Sorry. But I don't defend positions I haven't taken or things I haven't posted.

I may be new here, but I have been posting on political boards since 1984. I've seen all the tricks your type uses.

9,339 posts in two years.

Yep, a really prolific poster you are. You get into a lot of discussions. Usually with yourself I'll bet.

Sorry. But I don't defend positions I haven't taken or things I haven't posted.

I may be new here, but I have been posting on political boards since 1984. I've seen all the tricks your type uses.

Right, I have what is known as a job and a social life. Uncharted territory for your type I know.

But go ahead, since "I don't know your position". Let's cut through all the BS and why don't you tell me your position on access to guns and gun control laws in America. Let's hear your opinion so that you can't accuse me of attacking positions you've never taken.

Every gun nuts fantasy

Wolverine!

You still have those "Commies are going to invade us" fears?

Oh no...they have been replaced by "Evil Gubmint" fears

Good thang I got my shotgun Ma....those Gubment bastards know better than to mess wit me

if we had no reason to fear the government, they would not be fearing an armed citizen base. at least thats what our forefathers thought too

That is sad. Why do you live here then?

because in this country we still have the right to fight back. you haven't been able to take that away yet, hard as you try.

Fight back? Against the government? That's called treason. But good for you, I'm sure you're convinced that you're being a real american, comrade.

Forum List

Back