Cop kills 2 teens gets charged,charges now dropped....

It's his third car crash involving "misjudged clearance," Perry said. He was disciplined for the first two collisions that didn't have to do with speed or reckless driving, Perry said.

Any normal person would have had their license REVOKED LONG before this accident.Unbelievable. I hope my new bumper sticker pisses the cops off it says Badge Don't Grant Extra Rights.

This is a horrible story. Read a couple articles on it. Says that intersection is notoriously bad. If he was going 90mph...was it a call??? I've never liked chases or high speeds so if he was doing 90 for anything other than a life or death emergency then yes he needs to be held accountable. Story didn't specify.

If he was doing 90mph and he was at fault (and no reason to be going 90) then he needs to be charged I agree. Grand Jury says no. There must be more info than is provided.

Grand Jury decided, I guess you don't support our justice system? What he should not have had his Grand jury hearing?
Paid off GJ obviously. He was fired,charged etc and they claim to see or heard something no one else did? What's so hard about he was speeding with no lights or sirens and murdered 2 girls because he thinks his badge gave him more rights than them.

Grand Jury decided, I guess you don't support our justice system? What he should not have had his Grand jury hearing?
Paid off GJ obviously. He was fired,charged etc and they claim to see or heard something no one else did? What's so hard about he was speeding with no lights or sirens and murdered 2 girls because he thinks his badge gave him more rights than them.

Well...it wasn't "murder". But it does seem clearly an illegal act. Not sure what the jury did or didnt see. No doubt the state is paying a massive lawsuit.

Sadly...in many fatal traffic accidents there aren't any charges more than basic moving violations like speeding or stop sign violations. Aside from DUI or reckless homicide...the others are just horrible tragic accidents.

But...90 in a 55 without a good reason....and in rain/fog...could easily be considered reckless.

Once again retard he was cleared by the Grand Jury. Being a cop had nothing to do with it. Since he was not a cop when cleared.

Grand juries are notorious for almost never indicting a police officer.

Could it be because almost all cases involving cops...they acted in a justifiable manner??

Although...I don't agree in this case unless there is more info we don't know about.

Once again retard he was cleared by the Grand Jury. Being a cop had nothing to do with it. Since he was not a cop when cleared.

He was not a cop when he went before the Grand Jury. And unless you have access to the info presented there then one must accept the Grand Jury decision. Well unless you agree with the op that someone paid them off.

I suppose you think Michael Brown was innocent also?

He was not a cop when he went before the Grand Jury. And unless you have access to the info presented there then one must accept the Grand Jury decision. Well unless you agree with the op that someone paid them off.

The one thing that always surprises me is how convinced some people are about how much they believe a government, governor, mayor or chief/sheriff, etc, will do anything to cover for a lowly street level cop.

If I had to say i know only one concrete truth regarding law enforcement it would be this: NO ONE gives a fuck about the slick sleeve street cop other than the guys working the shit hole with him. No one. Not the mayor. Not the governor. ABSOLUTELY not the department.

There's a scene in "End of Watch" where an LAPD corporal says to a slick sleeve "The LAPD had a huge dick. And eventually...it will fuck you." 100% true.

Boondock middle of nowhere 4-man agencies....different world.

But any police department over 100 officers or so? They will throw a low level street cop under the bus quicker than I can type this post. They are nearly instantly replaceable. Do not provide any uniqiue financial benefit to the city. And won't be a public sympathy figure.

If there is a way the state, city, department or chief can put ALL THE fault on the individual officer....it will be done immediately. They aren't risking THEIR career or millions in lawsuits....for what...covering for a 35K a year no rank street cop???? Please....laughable.

Now...if the officer is legally right? They usually will back him. At least the department will. But God help you if you end up on Page 1A of the news and what you did wasn't 100% flawless. You. Are. Fucked.

A n!gger attacking a cop has WHAT to do with a pig speeding 35!!!!! MPH over the speed limit when there was no call,causing a wreck that killed 2 teenagers and getting away with it?

A n!gger attacking a cop has WHAT to do with a pig speeding 35!!!!! MPH over the speed limit when there was no call and getting away with it?

If there was a call....I still say it's nearly impossible to justify. Without a call...impossible. I'm fanatical pro-cop when the actions are justified. But I have always hated drive fast unnecessarily and it appears that's what he was doing.

That said....even for non-cops....the punishment for fatal accidents that don't involve DUI or malice have almost always been contraversially light. That's probably why so many people still drive like fucking morons.

A n!gger attacking a cop has WHAT to do with a pig speeding 35!!!!! MPH over the speed limit when there was no call and getting away with it?

If there was a call....I still say it's nearly impossible to justify. Without a call...impossible. I'm fanatical pro-cop when the actions are justified. But I have always hated drive fast unnecessarily and it appears that's what he was doing.

That said....even for non-cops....the punishment for fatal accidents that don't involve DUI or malice have almost always been contraversially light. That's probably why so many people still drive like fucking morons.
Yep. It still baffles me how they can give someone who kills someone while breaking another law a year of probation...lost my cousin to a moron doing that...

This is a horrible story. Read a couple articles on it. Says that intersection is notoriously bad. If he was going 90mph...was it a call??? I've never liked chases or high speeds so if he was doing 90 for anything other than a life or death emergency then yes he needs to be held accountable. Story didn't specify.
According to the news reports linked in Message #2 (above) the trooper was not responding to any emergency nor were his emergency lights on. One report also states this trooper has been disciplined twice before for motor vehicle violations.

This dismissal of charges is one more reason why good cops will ultimately be compromised when the chickens come home to roost.

Forum List

Back