Cop Kills (video)

The suspect appears to have taken the officers stun gun during their struggle. You get to see a little more of the video at this link. It looks like a good shoot. They almost always are.

Video shows Huntington Beach officer struggling with suspect before fatal shooting

According to your link, that's just supposition:
Heal said that in a fight, an officer isn’t always aware of what a suspect might snatch from their belt, and that might have escalated the situation. “He could have thought the man grabbed his Taser. That is weapon that can disable an officer.”

If he DID grab the officer's taser, this makes a lot more sense. I thought it looked more like a flashlight, but it's hard to tell.
If you watch closely, the video slows down when he grabs it. You'll notice that he even nimbly flips the stun gun around so that hes holding it properly. Watch close and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I see something come out, but it doesn't look like a stun gun. It's a black, cylindrical object. I don't know if "nimbly flips" is a good description or not; it may have just come out of the officer's belt with a spin.

It could have been some sort of stun gun, I just can't see it from the video. :dunno:

The suspect appears to have taken the officers stun gun during their struggle. You get to see a little more of the video at this link. It looks like a good shoot. They almost always are.

Video shows Huntington Beach officer struggling with suspect before fatal shooting

According to your link, that's just supposition:
Heal said that in a fight, an officer isn’t always aware of what a suspect might snatch from their belt, and that might have escalated the situation. “He could have thought the man grabbed his Taser. That is weapon that can disable an officer.”

If he DID grab the officer's taser, this makes a lot more sense. I thought it looked more like a flashlight, but it's hard to tell.
If you watch closely, the video slows down when he grabs it. You'll notice that he even nimbly flips the stun gun around so that hes holding it properly. Watch close and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I see something come out, but it doesn't look like a stun gun. It's a black, cylindrical object. I don't know if "nimbly flips" is a good description or not; it may have just come out of the officer's belt with a spin.

It could have been some sort of stun gun, I just can't see it from the video. :dunno:
It wont be a mystery for long. They will find his finger prints on whatever it was that he grabbed.

This should be used as a training video to show how it's done.

Too many shots, the guy was disabled by the first couple, the officer just keeps shooting when there is no clear danger.

Disagree. The guy still had a weapon in his hand. You shoot until that's no longer the case.

You may be correct, I'll wait for the review, it appeared to be overkill, but none of us were in the officer's place.
''But none of us were in the officer's place''
Bingo!!
That can be said In 100% of these cases...

Forum List

Back