Cops bribe and lie to a teen to get a false confession.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
It's crap like this that has caused people to protest. This isn't a one/off rare thing. If I was a school official the cops would have had to have arrested me to get access to the teen without calling in the parents first.

In January, Illinois became the first state in the country to bar police from lying to minors during interrogations — including using tactics such as false promises of leniency if the accused person cooperates.................

..............If Waukegan police are found to have violated the law against deceiving juveniles during interrogation, Spagnolo said, the matter would be considered an “administrative disciplinary issue” rather than a criminal offense.

How is that? Once again cops covering for bad cops. The officers should be arrested and charged themselves.

A teen wrongly charged in a shooting says police offered him fast food to get a confession

It's crap like this that has caused people to protest. This isn't a one/off rare thing. If I was a school official the cops would have had to have arrested me to get access to the teen without calling in the parents first.

In January, Illinois became the first state in the country to bar police from lying to minors during interrogations — including using tactics such as false promises of leniency if the accused person cooperates.................

..............If Waukegan police are found to have violated the law against deceiving juveniles during interrogation, Spagnolo said, the matter would be considered an “administrative disciplinary issue” rather than a criminal offense.

How is that? Once again cops covering for bad cops. The officers should be arrested and charged themselves.

A teen wrongly charged in a shooting says police offered him fast food to get a confession
Just how dumb can even a 15 year old be? If he would confess to something he didn't do that could send him to jail, in the first place on the outside, he would be dropping his pants and bending over in prison for a pack of smokes, somebody's bitch by nightfall.

Just how dumb can even a 15 year old be? If he would confess to something he didn't do that could send him to jail, in the first place on the outside, he would be dropping his pants and bending over in prison for a pack of smokes, somebody's bitch by nightfall.

They never told him it would send him to jail. They told him they knew it was self defense and if he simply confessed to being there he could go home. But you know that already.

They never told him it would send him to jail. They told him they knew it was self defense and if he simply confessed to being there he could go home. But you know that already.
I have no doubt they lied their ass off to get a confession, but holy crap, just how dumb do you have to be? We're talking a 15-year-old in modern times. I sure would be ashamed of myself, my parenting and my dumb-assed kid if one of mine was that dumb.

I have no doubt they lied their ass off to get a confession, but holy crap, just how dumb do you have to be? We're talking a 15-year-old in modern times. I sure would be ashamed of myself, my parenting and my dumb-assed kid if one of mine was that dumb.

He wanted to go home. This was really no different than a kidnapping. Would you not tell your kidnapper anything they wanted to hear if you thought they would allow you to go home?

Should a 15 year old not be expected to believe a police officer when they tell them something? If not, how does a parent teach their kid to just "do as you are told"? Is this not the argument so often?

"Maybe if you help us, we will go easy on you."

I love that they tricked these criminals!!! :laugh:

He wanted to go home. This was really no different than a kidnapping. Would you not tell your kidnapper anything they wanted to hear if you thought they would allow you to go home?

Should a 15 year old not be expected to believe a police officer when they tell them something? If not, how does a parent teach their kid to just "do as you are told"? Is this not the argument so often?
Not mine.

We people want unpleasant things over with quickly. It is why getting out of the hospital is such a desirable event. It is a sign that people are recovering, when they start asking when they can go home.

Sitting in an interview room, with a kindly uncle type sitting across from you for hours, who is explaining that you can’t go home until you do this, or that. Or if you’re hungry, they’ll give you some food, just as soon as you say these magic words.

A lot of people buy it. It is why the police use the technique. They know that people want it to be over with, and will try and explain that they didn’t really do whatever it is they’re accuse of, and explain their way into prison, or agree to confess, when they didn’t do anything.

I’m surprised you don’t know anything about this.

We people want unpleasant things over with quickly. It is why getting out of the hospital is such a desirable event. It is a sign that people are recovering, when they start asking when they can go home.

Sitting in an interview room, with a kindly uncle type sitting across from you for hours, who is explaining that you can’t go home until you do this, or that. Or if you’re hungry, they’ll give you some food, just as soon as you say these magic words.

A lot of people buy it. It is why the police use the technique. They know that people want it to be over with, and will try and explain that they didn’t really do whatever it is they’re accuse of, and explain their way into prison, or agree to confess, when they didn’t do anything.

I’m surprised you don’t know anything about this.
S.E.R.E training. Civilian like to keep real! Real stupid!
1645715908043.png

You don't seem to understand how being a human works...

I do understand how being stupid works. It works poorly.
You're too smart not to get how these things happen.

People are coerced into false confessions, and into disclosures against their interest, ALL the time.

Hence the law these cops may have broken.

The only need to plead the fourth
Futt
Da
Po
Leese

BUT. Teach them a way they can relate to(Chillun frendlee)

You're too smart not to get how these things happen.

People are coerced into false confessions, and into disclosures against their interest, ALL the time.

Hence the law these cops may have broken.
I once left a job, just because I would not write and sign a statement. I am not like you. You cannot coerce me. There are advantages to being stubborn, knowing the score when people are attempting coercion. This dealing with police. You had best educate your kids. That law will not stop the police from trying to get you to make or sign a statement or confession.

I once left a job, just because I would not write and sign a statement.
Okay.
I am not like you.
Baseless/irrelevant assertion.
You cannot coerce me.
Everyone has a breaking point.
There are advantages to being stubborn,
See above.
knowing the score when people are attempting coercion.
See above.
This dealing with police.
See above.
You had best educate your kids.
See above.
That law will not stop the police from trying to get you to make or sign a statement or confession.
See above.

The idea that a 15 year old - or a 50 year old - would not act against their own interests under numerous circumstances is absurd.

Please learn more about human psychology.

Okay.

Baseless/irrelevant assertion.

Everyone has a breaking point.

See above.

See above.

See above.

See above.

See above.

The idea that a 15 year old - or a 50 year old - would not act against their own interests under numerous circumstances is absurd.

Please learn more about human psychology.
If you are making statements, while being interrogated by police, without an attorney (50) or your parents (if 15). you are not acting in your own interests, at least not your best interests. I can understand stupid, but cannot understand never looking at YouTube. It is all over the place down here. I thought everybody had it. I have even seen things posted by young people. Of course, for me, young people is an awfully large catagory and getting larger every year.
Of course understandings and lack of self control in one's own interests are something I could understand from somebody parading on the internet as a Nazi jackass, as how they want to be known.

Once again cops covering for bad cops. The officers should be arrested and charged themselves.
To me, a cop who covers for a bad cop is only tarnishing their own image and reputation.

God bless you and the good ones always!!!

Holly

Have you ever been in that situation before? Over the decades look at how many young black men have spent years in prison after either having a confession beaten out of them or being coerced into a confession. At 15yrs old unless you have sat under that white light alone in a room with white men breathing down your throat you might need to back up and rethink your position on that.

Have you ever been in that situation before? Over the decades look at how many young black men have spent years in prison after either having a confession beaten out of them or being coerced into a confession. At 15yrs old unless you have sat under that white light alone in a room with white men breathing down your throat you might need to back up and rethink your position on that.
It didn't say they beat him. Did they? I hear ya. A big mac does taste pretty good. The kid could be President.

Forum List

Back