Cops burglarize U.S. Reps office

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
Chicago Cops Burglarized U.S. Rep’s Office as Protest Raged. They Made Popcorn, Drank Coffee, Napped.

Lightfoot, at times visibly angry and tearful during the Thursday press conference, said the officers “demonstrated a total disregard for their colleagues [and] for the badge” and should be held accountable. She said she and her team were “enraged” when they learned of the incident. None of the 13 officers has been identified, and she urged them to come forward before investigators find them.

Chicago Cops Burglarized U.S. Rep’s Office as Protest Raged. They Made Popcorn, Drank Coffee, Napped.

Lightfoot, at times visibly angry and tearful during the Thursday press conference, said the officers “demonstrated a total disregard for their colleagues [and] for the badge” and should be held accountable. She said she and her team were “enraged” when they learned of the incident. None of the 13 officers has been identified, and she urged them to come forward before investigators find them.
Awww, poor Demoncrats, some cops were taking a break and needed to use his office.

Now the Mayor of Murder City USA is outraged, because eating popcorn and making coffee is far worse than all the rioting, looting, and murders that go on her city.

From the story it seems as if the police officers were just seeking shelter from the savage rioting going on outside and were just chilling until the rioters moved on.

Hardly a "burglary", any more that it would a crime to take shelter in a sudden storm in a building or a boat without permission.

Rep. Rush, BTW, is a member of the Black Panther Party, so he knows as well as anyone how dangerous a riot can be.

As far as "total disregard" for their colleagues, that's bullshit too. If these men would have gone out there and been killed, or even worse if one of the rioters were killed in their presence, they'd be no good to their colleagues. I think they did the right thing, although they should compensate the federal taxpayers for the coffee

Awww, poor Demoncrats, some cops were taking a break and needed to use his office.

Now the Mayor of Murder City USA is outraged, because eating popcorn and making coffee is far worse than all the rioting, looting, and murders that go on her city.

Makes you question who was doing the looting.

They could see who was doing the looting. The officers were merely seeking shelter during a riot. And BTW, due to the Corona Panic, the donut restaurants were closed down- where did you expect them to hang out until their shift was over.

Police officers are interested in going home at the end of their shifts, and this tactical move helped to assure that result.

That's very disrespectful. But I'd surmise that it's very difficult for any Mayor to gain any semblance of respect for their supposed authority from the crew charged with enforcing the law after she so blatantly and hypocritically violated her own authoritarian executive order.

Haircuts for me, but not for thee. :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:

They could see who was doing the looting. The officers were merely seeking shelter during a riot. And BTW, due to the Corona Panic, the donut restaurants were closed down- where did you expect them to hang out until their shift was over.

Police officers are interested in going home at the end of their shifts, and this tactical move helped to assure that result.

No doubt hiding out did do that.

So you make up excuses for illegal activities by the cops. I won't bother to look it up but that's one of thhe 14 points of Fascism.

So you make up excuses for illegal activities by the cops. I won't bother to look it up but that's one of thhe 14 points of Fascism.

I don't see the illegality here. The men were just seeking shelter in a storm, you forget that there was a riot going on outside.

Unless they took the congressman's copy machine, computers or other expensive equipment, or busted up the joint, I really honestly don't see where anything they did which was really criminal. They didn't have criminal intent.

No doubt hiding out did do that.

Most times I'm sure they would have spent the evening somewhere else- but like the old saying goes "any shelter in a storm", it was absolutely bananas. The office probably also had TV, so they could review the images and if it was someone they knew, they could make a note to bust them after the riot.

Interesting point of view. I can understand the Representative and the the Mayor, but it wasn't your men and it wasn't your office, so I see why you make light of it. They certainly looked like they were in kickback city.
1591910369742.png

Interesting point of view. I can understand the Representative and the the Mayor, but it wasn't your men and it wasn't your office, so I see why you make light of it. They certainly looked like they were in kickback city.
View attachment 348947

Ironic....during the riots the argument was "what if they break into your office"?

Now it's OK.

View attachment 348947

Ironic....during the riots the argument was "what if they break into your office"?

Now it's OK.

Actually, the police kept the office safe during the riot. No one from the riot came into rob, ransack or burn the place.

Rep. Rush should be glad they were there

View attachment 348947
The same Democrats are complaining that cops are cracking skulls of “peaceful protesters”. Why would they need to be out doing anything against peaceful protesters?
Plus, the elected official doesn’t own the office, it’s government property, which is why they probably chose to use it.

View attachment 348947
The same Democrats are complaining that cops are cracking skulls of “peaceful protesters”. Why would they need to be out doing anything against peaceful protesters?
Plus, the elected official doesn’t own the office, it’s government property, which is why they probably chose to use it.

What is also nice about this is that the officers were under video tape the whole time. If some "peaceful protester" aka rioter accused them of brutality, staying there gave them protection from possible charges.

View attachment 348947
Bet if you were their precinct Captain you would look at it differently. You think the cameras were conceal or just standard mounts covering the office suite? Cops seam to be having difficulty with the whole "cameras are everywhere" thing a lot lately. It is kind of funny. Not my men or my office either.:banana:

View attachment 348947
Bet if you were their precinct Captain you would look at it differently. You think the cameras were conceal or just standard mounts covering the office suite? Cops seam to be having difficulty with the whole "cameras are everywhere" thing a lot lately. It is kind of funny. Not my men or my office either.:banana:

If I was precinct captain, and the men left the office in an orderly condition, I would be happy that any reports that the men excessively beat on rioters could easily be answered and dismissed as the men's activities were fully on video. I'd be pleased if I was the mayor as well, as none of the 13 in Rush's office were going to be a cause for a big lawsuit from a citizen who says they were beat up. Chicago's budget is a mess

View attachment 348947

What is also nice about this is that the officers were under video tape the whole time. If some "peaceful protester" aka rioter accused them of brutality, staying there gave them protection from possible charges.

They had no clue they were being taped as those tapes are now going to be used against them.

View attachment 348947

They had no clue they were being taped as those tapes are now going to be used against them.

Used "against" them in what way? It wasn't a "burglary", it was just government employees taking temporary shelter in a government office, chilling and waiting for the end of the storm.

View attachment 348947

“Yes your Honor, I ate the popcorn.”

:poke:

Forum List

Back