Cops ignoring crime to avoid the hassle; Arrests plummet; Violent crime soars.

Title should be: Cops refuse to do their jobs, still collect paychecks

You should be happy. Their jobs are what you lefties have been trying to get them to stop doing for a few years now.

Congrags. Your fellow thugs can run free in the wild now. Cops will be glorified secretaries now. Show up. Write shit down. Call the coroner. Type the report. Repeat. Oh....and stop at the deli and get coffee....that's always priority #1 during a slowdown. Have fun!

Title should be: Cops refuse to do their jobs, still collect paychecks

You should be happy. Their jobs are what you lefties have been trying to get them to stop doing for a few years now.

Yet, I'm not and now what you thought was true has been proven false. What will you do now?

Congrags. Your fellow thugs can run free in the wild now. Cops will be glorified secretaries now. Show up. Write shit down. Call the coroner. Type the report. Repeat. Oh....and stop at the deli and get coffee....that's always priority #1 during a slowdown. Have fun!

Thanks, cops need to do their jobs if they are collecting a paycheck. Not sure why you disagree but opinions are like assholes

If they're not doing their jobs let them go. Save the taxpayers a little money.

Cant. Unions, yay!! Free money!
Not true. I think you must believe you are the only person that knows a cop. Cops can and are let go all the time for not doing their job.

They are? How many??? Can you link me to some cops who were fired for not making enough arrests or stopping enough people?????

Can you just tell everyone what your excuse will be before anyone posts it to save time?

If they're not doing their jobs let them go. Save the taxpayers a little money.

Cant. Unions, yay!! Free money!
Not true. I think you must believe you are the only person that knows a cop. Cops can and are let go all the time for not doing their job.

They are? How many??? Can you link me to some cops who were fired for not making enough arrests or stopping enough people?????

Can you just tell everyone what your excuse will be before anyone posts it to save time?

Ha excuse? No....it HAS happened...I just said it's RARE. Because quotas aren't only illegal...but street cops DESPISE even the idea of them and if a chief even tries to have one...good chance a disgruntled cop is gonna out him:

“Make Arrests, Issue Tickets or Get Fired” Missouri Police Caught in Disgusting Quota Scheme

Cops rarely get fired for not arresting enough people or not writing tickets. For obvious reasons.

I think the op is misleading. Cops aren't ignoring crime, they just are not harassing innocent people as much. I don't think they can ignore the dispatcher who sends them out to investigate a call.

The focus seems to be on a decrease in "stops" as being the crucial criterion for rising crime rates.
Ok, I guess the Constitution got in the way there. But, that aside, I don't necessarily see arbitrary "stops" as a big factor in crime prevention. That false connection doesn't help to explain why crime rate fluctuations have been generally coincided with downturns of the economy..not police harassment of people on the streets.

The rise in crime being connected to less police scrutiny seems like a true connection, not a false one.

There were what, like 8 more homicides in 2015 than the all time low? Gimme a break.

If you dare criticize me, I'll take my badge and go home. :crybaby:

[
This is a good thing. Now we get the cops that are too lazy to do their jobs and fire them. We then hire cops that can be professionals and do their jobs without being racists.
Too bad we cannot fire thoughtless BLM protesters who say the most abhorrent, hateful things about brave men and women who put their lives on the line every day for our safety and the safety of the community.

[
This is a good thing. Now we get the cops that are too lazy to do their jobs and fire them. We then hire cops that can be professionals and do their jobs without being racists.
Too bad we cannot fire thoughtless BLM protesters who say the most abhorrent, hateful things about brave men and women who put their lives on the line every day for our safety and the safety of the community.

Protesters dont work for you silly

[
I can see where this would cause you much consternation and hand wringing because you cant control Black people and make them do your bidding.

WTF do you lefties expect the cops to do? They are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Between you guys, the media, BLM and our shitty President, they are BOUND to be nervous!
You have black groups calling for cops to COMPLETELY stay out of black neighborhoods
You have a President sending WH aids to a criminals funeral
People never standing up for cops and what they have to put up with
You have people calling cops and towns racist when they are even run by BLACK PEOPLE
Poor cop in my state got shot twice by some goddamn thug because he was probably scared of what would happen if he shot back. He gets shot, and pleads for him to stop instead of killing the fuckin trash.
Fuck you

I can see where this would cause you much consternation and hand wringing because you cant control Black people and make them do your bidding.
Damn right! If jungle bunnies want to kill each other, don't oppress them with your racism!

Forum List

Back