Corey Lewandowski To Drain The Swamp By Opening A D.C. Consulting Firm

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
585ac02d1c000011070ecd9c.jpeg

One more alligator on the loose in Washington.

Former Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is opening a political consulting firm alongside former Trump campaign adviser Barry Bennett.

The new firm, called Avenue Strategies, will be located a half-block from the White House. Per its website, it will offer “client-tailored strategy and guidance carefully designed to help our clients navigate our government.” In English, it means the pair can basically lobby without having to register as lobbyists.

The announcement was first reported by the Washington Examiner.

Lewandowski on Monday met with Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, to discuss possible jobs inside the incoming administration. But the job he sought ― senior adviser to the president — was not offered to him, according to Politico.

More: Corey Lewandowski To Drain The Swamp By Opening A D.C. Consulting Firm

Here is what I find most amusing and confusing: I thought most Trump voters wanted to get away from the "establishment" and "insiders" and "business as usual" and "Wall Street" - but Trump and his cronies seem to be taking it all to a higher level. Do his supporters have any problem with that? Or, do they just cling to the illusion that anything is better than Hillary?

There will always be lobbyists. And I take no issue with professionals representing their varied interests to Congress or to the Senate.

What I balk at, and I believe most others do as well is having a revolving door of former Congress critters or former Senators becoming lobbyists.

Or worse yet the revolving door between corporations and government employees.

The Amazing Revolving Door - Monsanto, FDA & EPA

The Amazing Revolving Door - Monsanto, FDA And EPA

Forum List

Back