The Swamp Survived: Why Trump Failed to “Drain the Swamp"

What the hell can you expect? The swamp is huge. Almost every Democrat and neocon is a swamp creature. There are a hell of a lot of swampers embedded in today's government. It's going to take time and some tough people with values to change that culture. Ramaswamy for AG would be a great start at making that happen. MAGA

Trump's only interest in "draining the swamp" is removing anyone who can hold him accountable and replacing them with a mindless, obedient loyalist.

His rubes would see how obvious this is if they weren't operating at such a primitive intellectual frequency.
From European view we see Trump and see this very obvious conman... It is so plain to see...

He has a long history financial irregularities, his own business community (New York) don't want to deal with him, he talks in absolutes, no respected person internationally has any time for him (body language wrong)...

Trump is an empty suit who main skill is that he can sell to the gullible...

Any Republican who supports a national healthcare plan isn't a Republican at all. Neither is one who signs at least 3 omnibus bills, 12 CR and increases the debt ceiling as many times as Trump did.

How did this guy make it into the Republican party? Following Romney's footsteps maybe?
Hate to break this to you, but you're not the sole arbiter of what it takes to be a republican.
I share your issues, tbh, but the fact is that republicans, as a group, determine the platform of the party and who they will support as a nominee.

True fact. The swamp, the spending and just about everything else grew during Trump. And y'all want him back to grow it some more?

The Swamp Survived: Why Trump Failed to “Drain the Swamp"​

I suspect Trump is controlled opposition.

Many of us here at USMB with no insider information have suggested ways to roll back the Deep State and Trump, I think intentionally, acted on none of them

He’s a threat to them only because he said he would “drain the swamp” but took no action.

Funny, no one wants to address the information in the OP video. Just side line the subject into a discussion about Biden, Pelosi or the democrats.

No wonder the most left leaning Republican since Romney is the RNC's nominee for the 3 time in a row.

I get it. Trump is the nominee. And Biden has to go. But replacing bad with bad ain't good.

Well, duh.... If you don't vote for Trump, you're voting for Biden, so why wouldn't that be brought up?

I guess you think Biden is a better alternative? :cuckoo:

You want to get rid of "the swamp", or if a person weren't a child they might call it, the politicians who are just in it for the money?

Then you need to change the electoral system. Trump doesn't care to get rid of "the swamp", he just wants to tell you that he does so you'll vote for him.

He tells you he has the solution, but he doesn't need to actually do anything about the solution because... that's not the point. The point is to tell you he knows what you think is the problem. Not to actually do anything about it.

And that differs from any politician how? How is that different than the current idiot in charge of it?

True fact. The swamp, the spending and just about everything else grew during Trump. And y'all want him back to grow it some more?

The Swamp Survived: Why Trump Failed to “Drain the Swamp"​

He failed at it because half of his presidency was dealing with COVID nonsense, every country was.

He still managed to accomplish quite a few things. He recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital which helped mend wounds, something many other presidents said would do but didn't. He worked to bring back American energy independence. He pushed against countries dumping criminals in America. He fought to end isis and severely hampered them forcing them to give up land. He stopped putting section 8 housing in suburbs to protect the middle class. He put in place a plan to withdraw from Afghanistan and Afghanistan leaders agreed to leave them alone in the mean time. He punished companies that were moving jobs and facilities out of America. He tried to break out dependence on china. He also does what the current one doesn't, he pushes america and Americans first and love the country and wants American values, morals, pride and standards. He was trying to close the border and build the wall to protect America. He got out of the paris agreement,and a lot more.

But aside from COVID the swamp grew because they organized out of desperation to get him out. So aside from covid he was also dealing with lawsuits, countless accusations, and 2 impeachments. To think he could do all of that in one term, really half a term with COVID, and drain the swamp is impossible because the swamp got bigger to get rid of him. It's hard to drain the swamp when even people on your side conspire against you.

Imagine criticizing FDR for not ending the Great Depression in his first term. Even with a cooperative media and a majority in congress it still took him almost 12 years and a World War. The point is that Trump only had four years and even though he faced a hostile media and a vindictive democrat party inflation remained low, illegal entry into the U.S. remained relatively low (despite democrat efforts to the contrary) and we were at relative peace and respected throughout the world.

He failed at it because half of his presidency was dealing with COVID nonsense, every country was.

The first 2 years, the swamp & spending increased.
He still managed to accomplish quite a few things. He recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital which helped mend wounds,

That's not an accomplishment for the US.

He worked to bring back American energy independence.

The president doesn't control how much oil our producers produce. He, nor Biden have control of that. In fact, in April of 2020, Trump talked US, Mexican and Saudi oil producers to DEcrease oil production. 7 months before the election. By June, the oil industry was issuing record layoffs.
Biden was the best thing that could've happened to the oil producers. Under Biden, US oil companies produced record low amounts of oil, all the while making more profit than they ever did under Trump.

And now, US oil companies are producing more oil now than in any other time in it's history, Including Trumps term.

And it's the same with the rest of your rhetoric. Just embellishments or lies that Trump put out, that his supporters don't even question. Loyal followers.

And that differs from any politician how? How is that different than the current idiot in charge of it?

That's kind of the point here. There's no major differences between the left and the right. Biden or Trump.
Policy wise.

Well, duh.... If you don't vote for Trump, you're voting for Biden, so why wouldn't that be brought up?

I guess you think Biden is a better alternative? :cuckoo:

When I don't vote for Trump, I'm not going to be voting for Biden either. They both suck liberal balls. My problem with Trump is that he's left of center, just like Biden.

You're vote for Trump is voting for more of the same crap we've been getting for the last 5+ decades.

What the hell can you expect? The swamp is huge. Almost every Democrat and neocon is a swamp creature. There are a hell of a lot of swampers embedded in today's government. It's going to take time and some tough people with values to change that culture. Ramaswamy for AG would be a great start at making that happen. MAGA

Tough? You mean by the guy who constantly let Pelosi kick his butt? That same guy who caved to the left, constantly? Trump is literally Mike Johnson as president. Trump even still endorses him. And would be still endorsing McCarthy.

Hate to break this to you, but you're not the sole arbiter of what it takes to be a republican.

You are correct. I speak for no one but myself. But what I'm saying ain't a lie. 30yrs ago, Trumps policies would've been seen by 90% of the GOP voters as a democrat. Because that's just what he is.
They would've laughed him off the stage.

I share your issues, tbh, but the fact is that republicans, as a group, determine the platform of the party and who they will support as a nominee.

This is why the GOP needs to be replaced. It won't be. But it needs to be.
Someone asked me about solving this problem, but I can't. There is no solution. But the only way to get the GOP back right of center, is to teach 70% of the GOP voters just how left the party is. And teach them (again) what fiscal conservatism is, and how beneficial it is to this government and this country.
That's too complicated for most people. Not that they're too dumb to learn. But there's a short time limit on how long someone is going to sit through a lecture on how they've been mislead.
It really is a herd mentality.

I suspect Trump is controlled opposition.

Many of us here at USMB with no insider information have suggested ways to roll back the Deep State and Trump, I think intentionally, acted on none of them

He’s a threat to them only because he said he would “drain the swamp” but took no action.

NAILED IT !!!!!!

'When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'

When you dig down into all these little details of these witch hunts, it's painfully obvious that Trump is still a democrat.
There's a reason why the left have gone after Trump with issues that won't knock him out of the running. Like these so called attempts to keep him off the ballot, none of them were meant to do anything but make it seem like the left were trying to bring him down. But they knew that the supreme courts (even in their own states) would overrule that BS. Because he wasn't guilty of insurrection and was never found guilty of it.

One case after the next, leaves Trump with a huge door to walk right out of.

That swamp will take multiple presidents to drain. And that's if we don't have swamp rats like Biden refilling the swamp inbetween.

Refilling the swamp? The swamp GREW during Trump. He didn't even try to drain it. Regardless of the ability to drain it, the fact that it grew during Trump should be proof enough that he never really intended to drain anything.

His biggest mistake was letting The Turtle influence him.....Second biggest was having Ivanka advising him.

Turtle is the one who got Trump SC picks through the senate and seated. And Trumps other picks. And got all those omnibus bills through the senate. Turtle was good to Trump. And Trump was good to turtle.
Swamp creature BFF's.

The only way the "swamp" could be "drained", would be to literally fire every bureaucrat, every government worker, end every federal office, and then start over with the goal of a very limited government.

Anything else would only continue what we've had for many decades, a sprawling government, with it's tenacles involved in all aspects of living in America.

Refilling the swamp? The swamp GREW during Trump.
Come here confused Trump hater... :itsok: God get a brain, the Washington swamp did everything it could to stop Trump in his first term and is now doing everything in their power to prevent his return. If he was a swamp enabler none of that would be happening. Your argument is RETARDED!

Forum List

Back