Corker and Flake are lame ducks....What does that do to the Republican Senate majority?

Trump brought this onto himself thinking his brash way of speaking would win the war of the words with those like McCain.

Democrats have too many seats up in the next year election for me seeing them gaining but who knows in today political environment...

Under normal conditions, Republicans should have no problem holding their majority or even increasing it

But if 2018 becomes a referendum on Trump and the inability of Republicans to deliver on their promises, the Senate can flip

I think Republicans will lose seats in the House but hold the majority
I'm not so sure the gop can hold the House. It's literally 50-50 on taxes now. If they don't do that, their turnout for incumbents is not going to be helped. Meanwhile, the dem natl party is moribund after Hillary, but the grass roots is highly energized and giving money to candidates.

Normally, the out of WH party does well in off year elections too. I figured the dems were going to lose 5 or more senate seats, because they had so many to defend. This group is so large because they picked up seats in W's last debacle (06) and then even picked up two more when Obama was reelected. But I'm not even sure they'll lose 5 of their wone now, and they may pick off one or even two gopers.

And while the dems having 60 in the senate and the House was imo not good, the thought of Bannon having 55 in the senate and the House is a little terrifying.

Actually I believe the best thing that can happen is Pelosi getting the House back and Schumer getting the Senate.

Then thlse that voted for Trump will discover they voted for a fraud and those wanting what tjey call RINO's out of power will discover Trump is the RINO playing his voters for the fools they are...

With that written the Senate will be too hars but as it going now you might be correct and it could flip blue if Republicans fail to get anything done!

I'd just like a presidential election with the congress up for grabs with neither Trump or Hillary on the ballot. Or at least a dem not Hillary. Trump did a hostile takeover of the gop with a mere plurality of primary voters, but the gop let it happen, so .... they earned it.

I hope Manchin run for President in 2020 but fear Hillary will run screaming third time is a charm...

Trump brought this onto himself thinking his brash way of speaking would win the war of the words with those like McCain.

Democrats have too many seats up in the next year election for me seeing them gaining but who knows in today political environment...

Under normal conditions, Republicans should have no problem holding their majority or even increasing it

But if 2018 becomes a referendum on Trump and the inability of Republicans to deliver on their promises, the Senate can flip

I'm not so sure the gop can hold the House. It's literally 50-50 on taxes now. If they don't do that, their turnout for incumbents is not going to be helped. Meanwhile, the dem natl party is moribund after Hillary, but the grass roots is highly energized and giving money to candidates.

Normally, the out of WH party does well in off year elections too. I figured the dems were going to lose 5 or more senate seats, because they had so many to defend. This group is so large because they picked up seats in W's last debacle (06) and then even picked up two more when Obama was reelected. But I'm not even sure they'll lose 5 of their wone now, and they may pick off one or even two gopers.

And while the dems having 60 in the senate and the House was imo not good, the thought of Bannon having 55 in the senate and the House is a little terrifying.

Actually I believe the best thing that can happen is Pelosi getting the House back and Schumer getting the Senate.

Then thlse that voted for Trump will discover they voted for a fraud and those wanting what tjey call RINO's out of power will discover Trump is the RINO playing his voters for the fools they are...

With that written the Senate will be too hars but as it going now you might be correct and it could flip blue if Republicans fail to get anything done!

I'd just like a presidential election with the congress up for grabs with neither Trump or Hillary on the ballot. Or at least a dem not Hillary. Trump did a hostile takeover of the gop with a mere plurality of primary voters, but the gop let it happen, so .... they earned it.

I hope Manchin run for President in 2020 but fear Hillary will run screaming third time is a charm...

Hillary is toast. I read Biden has an office devoted to finding an message to run on. :eusa_eh:

“I have decided that my time in the Senate will end when my term ends in early January 2019. For the next 14 months, relieved of the strictures of politics, I will be guided only by the dictates of conscience.” — Senator Flake

He could become Trumps worst nightmare

With McCain, Corker, Heller and now Flake on his enemies list....Trump is losing his majority in the Senate
Not to mention Murkowski and Collins
Depends on the issue

Healthcare yes
Taxes, immigration, budget.....probably not

If 2018 becomes a referendum on Trump
Both houses could flip

Hillary is toast. I read Biden has an office devoted to finding an message to run on. :eusa_eh:

Please no!

If 2018 becomes a referendum on Trump
Both houses could flip

Trump should have not won the Electoral College in 2016 and he did because of Jill Stein, Bernie Sanders and Hillar Clinton not being able to secure swing states.

Now what is my point?

Simple, Trump is not enough and Democrats need a message, a plan and Trump screwing.

Democrats need to sell fixing the ACA, JTPA's getting lower income workers and welfare families better jobs, helping small business to flourish and if they can sell that while selling Trump as a moron then a sweep can happen.

The sad fact of life is that Corker, Flake and McCain have always been lame ducks. It will be refreshing to get real republicans on the ballot when they (good riddance) fly off into the sunset when the swamp is drained.

The sad fact of life is that Corker, Flake and McCain have always been lame ducks. It will be refreshing to get real republicans on the ballot when they (good riddance) fly off into the sunset when the swamp is drained.

Be careful what you wish for
Half a glass is still better than no glass at all

I like Manchin. Hillary won't run again.

Republicans need to run on how they delivered on their agenda

Does not look too promising. With Trump alienating Congress, he doesn't exactly have the personality or good will to get things done

Forum List

Back