🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Coronavirus stay-at-home orders stir protests nationwide amid fears of economic collapse

me thinks it was likely a bunch of Trump-sters... just following orders.... :rolleyes-41:

I don't think they have the sincere concerns that you and buttercup have expressed.
Protests are happening all over the world. Why, because not everyone naively believes whatever they're told, many people worldwide can see the bigger picture and where all this is heading. Nice try though.
who organized the protests here?

I don't know, my point was simply that outrage over ridiculous draconian laws and the move toward tyranny isn't limited to Trump supporters, as protests are happening worldwide.
So, you claim that many people worldwide can see the bigger picture and where all this is heading. Where IS all this heading?

On the day NY Governor Cuomo orders all people to mask in public, in the entire state, even if you are off fishing by yourself. Cuomo: All New Yorkers Must Wear Face Masks in Public

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Americans are learning the meaning of these civics lesson quotes in real time now. Bets we will be seeing more defiance? LE overwhelmed? What will they do shoot all of us on sight to "save lives?"

View attachment 323911

Yes, clearly, a governor who orders people to wear masks for their own protection and the protection of others is guilty of the worst kind of abuse of power! The American people have ALWAYS had the right to risk their lives and health by acting stupidly!

On the day NY Governor Cuomo orders all people to mask in public, in the entire state, even if you are off fishing by yourself. Cuomo: All New Yorkers Must Wear Face Masks in Public

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Americans are learning the meaning of these civics lesson quotes in real time now. Bets we will be seeing more defiance? LE overwhelmed? What will they do shoot all of us on sight to "save lives?"

View attachment 323911

These people are traitors to the United States. The United States is at war with a deadly pathogen, and these people are advocating policies that would aid the pathogen spreading and killing more people!

Continue hiding under your bed, U2Edge! Quite a few Americans are ready to get back to work so our entire economy doesn't collapse. You can say thanks later...

Probably won't be a lot of reporting on this, but people are getting fed up. Nationwide protests will be happening all over the country today.

Carpe diem!

The protest – called “Operation Gridlock” – would be just one of a number of demonstrations of civil disobedience around the country by Americans upset with their state’s stay-at-home orders amid the pandemic. While the contagion has infected over 568,000 Americans and killed over 23,000, according to the latest estimates, protestors from North Carolina to Wyoming said they’ve been just as concerned with the economic and financial impact the coronavirus has inflicted on the country – echoing President Trump’s complaint that “the cure be worse than the problem.”

Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been sounding the alarm about what he believes are flawed models dictating the aggressive strategy, drew attention to the protests in North Carolina, as well as a social media uproar in Michigan.

Tennessee set to protest in 10 days
Pennsylvania

It will grow rapidly If they go past the first

Millions of people out of work , broke ,pissed off with nothin better to do ....humm what could possibly go wrong

85283612.jpg

View attachment 323911

These people are traitors to the United States. The United States is at war with a deadly pathogen, and these people are advocating policies that would aid the pathogen spreading and killing more people!

Continue hiding under your bed, U2Edge! Quite a few Americans are ready to get back to work so our entire economy doesn't collapse. You can say thanks later...

Well, those few Americans are in the minority and are idiots and traitors to their country in this fight against this terrible pathogen. Most Americans are still working either from home or in essential services. 37% of the labor force is able to work from home and over 20% of the labor force is still working outside the home in essential services. So less than 40% of the labor force is at home unable to work, and they are going to be getting 2 trillion dollars in government checks in the coming weeks.

The United States is at war, and the best thing for the health of its citizens and the health of the economy is to DEFEAT the pathogen NOW! It will allow the economy to reopen fully sooner and help insure that there is not a new outbreak. What these people propose doing will kill more Americans and will only end up forcing a much longer and more difficult shutdown.

This is about SCIENCE and the SCIENCE of defeating a pathogen! Its not about what you believe in your gut and pretending that you could just go about your business and everything would be fine. This is a national emergency and when people don't do what is required to defeat the pathogen, you are only going to end up EXTENDING the national emergency.

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.

It's a great day in Michigan.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

The public in Michigan can seriously pressure the Governor or, completely ignore the "stay-at-home" order. But, if there is a significant spike in COVID-19 cases and deaths, they will only have themselves to blame for not listening.

Probably won't be a lot of reporting on this, but people are getting fed up. Nationwide protests will be happening all over the country today.

Carpe diem!

The protest – called “Operation Gridlock” – would be just one of a number of demonstrations of civil disobedience around the country by Americans upset with their state’s stay-at-home orders amid the pandemic. While the contagion has infected over 568,000 Americans and killed over 23,000, according to the latest estimates, protestors from North Carolina to Wyoming said they’ve been just as concerned with the economic and financial impact the coronavirus has inflicted on the country – echoing President Trump’s complaint that “the cure be worse than the problem.”

Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been sounding the alarm about what he believes are flawed models dictating the aggressive strategy, drew attention to the protests in North Carolina, as well as a social media uproar in Michigan.

Sounds like republicans are stoking fear and panic.

Ned "Toll Lament" Lamont of CT announced he is considering making masks mandatory! I guess if they have a cop at the entrance of supermarkets they could try to enforce it.

how can they enforce that, and on what basis? An EO Is not law

Yeah, agree, she's a tyrant, for sure. The electorate there are very upset with her and feel duped. As well they should, given the scope of her overreach.
I wouldn't get too excited over it....

me thinks it was likely a bunch of Trump-sters... just following orders.... :rolleyes-41:

I don't think they have the sincere concerns that you and buttercup have expressed.

It was a grassroots movement. The concerns are genuine and it's only mid-month. And yes, they will get worse as time goes on.

Why have Leftists hitched their stars to the virus and Endless Quarantine and Doomsday Predictions?

View attachment 323911

I laughed out loud.

I have never seen more liberal men rocking in the corner with their thumbs in their mouths, I'm serious

Although, we all knew they had it in them, believe me

These people are traitors to the United States. The United States is at war with a deadly pathogen
The USA is at war with it's own fear , propagated ,proliferated, and PROFITED by elitist opportunists seeking a feudal system, while nationalizing the fortune 5's , and socializing the great unwashed

~S~

Damn straight. I don't wanna die because of some Covidiot who cares more about money and not being bored more than human life.

It's supremely idiotic to think life is the only consideration--as if QUALITY of life is meaningless.

Example

The people in Auschwitz were alive. People starving in Stalingrad were alive. People in the Tower of London were alive. People in North Korea are alive.

And no I am NOT comparing our current situation to any of those. But a horrid quality of life can be WORSE than death.

Forum List

Back