🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Coronavirus stay-at-home orders stir protests nationwide amid fears of economic collapse

On the day NY Governor Cuomo orders all people to mask in public, in the entire state, even if you are off fishing by yourself. Cuomo: All New Yorkers Must Wear Face Masks in Public

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Americans are learning the meaning of these civics lesson quotes in real time now. Bets we will be seeing more defiance? LE overwhelmed? What will they do shoot all of us on sight to "save lives?"

View attachment 323911

These people are traitors to the United States. The United States is at war with a deadly pathogen, and these people are advocating policies that would aid the pathogen spreading and killing more people!

Continue hiding under your bed, U2Edge! Quite a few Americans are ready to get back to work so our entire economy doesn't collapse. You can say thanks later...

Well, those few Americans are in the minority and are idiots and traitors to their country in this fight against this terrible pathogen. Most Americans are still working either from home or in essential services. 37% of the labor force is able to work from home and over 20% of the labor force is still working outside the home in essential services. So less than 40% of the labor force is at home unable to work, and they are going to be getting 2 trillion dollars in government checks in the coming weeks.

The United States is at war, and the best thing for the health of its citizens and the health of the economy is to DEFEAT the pathogen NOW! It will allow the economy to reopen fully sooner and help insure that there is not a new outbreak. What these people propose doing will kill more Americans and will only end up forcing a much longer and more difficult shutdown.

This is about SCIENCE and the SCIENCE of defeating a pathogen! Its not about what you believe in your gut and pretending that you could just go about your business and everything would be fine. This is a national emergency and when people don't do what is required to defeat the pathogen, you are only going to end up EXTENDING the national emergency.

Oh, bullshit! The best thing for the economy is to have people back working as soon as possible! That two trillion dollars in government checks is going to help most people pay a months worth of bills and then another two trillion dollars will be needed next month...and another two trillion the next month! This idea that we have to shut down until the pathogen is "defeated" is laughable! We needed to shut down long enough so our hospitals weren't overwhelmed with cases. We needed to shut down long enough so that we could play catchup with PPE's. Now it's time to come out of hiding and get back to work using good common sense. If you're elderly or have underlying health issues then by all means continue sheltering...but if you're young and healthy then it's time to resume your life.

Probably won't be a lot of reporting on this, but people are getting fed up. Nationwide protests will be happening all over the country today.

Carpe diem!

The protest – called “Operation Gridlock” – would be just one of a number of demonstrations of civil disobedience around the country by Americans upset with their state’s stay-at-home orders amid the pandemic. While the contagion has infected over 568,000 Americans and killed over 23,000, according to the latest estimates, protestors from North Carolina to Wyoming said they’ve been just as concerned with the economic and financial impact the coronavirus has inflicted on the country – echoing President Trump’s complaint that “the cure be worse than the problem.”

Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been sounding the alarm about what he believes are flawed models dictating the aggressive strategy, drew attention to the protests in North Carolina, as well as a social media uproar in Michigan.

FWIW the Left has their full marching orders today. Everyone at that protest yesterday it to be Completely Vilified. If there is any uptick in COVID cases anywhere in the state, it is Solely Their Fault.

I snort in their general direction

Probably won't be a lot of reporting on this, but people are getting fed up. Nationwide protests will be happening all over the country today.

Carpe diem!

The protest – called “Operation Gridlock” – would be just one of a number of demonstrations of civil disobedience around the country by Americans upset with their state’s stay-at-home orders amid the pandemic. While the contagion has infected over 568,000 Americans and killed over 23,000, according to the latest estimates, protestors from North Carolina to Wyoming said they’ve been just as concerned with the economic and financial impact the coronavirus has inflicted on the country – echoing President Trump’s complaint that “the cure be worse than the problem.”

Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been sounding the alarm about what he believes are flawed models dictating the aggressive strategy, drew attention to the protests in North Carolina, as well as a social media uproar in Michigan.

People don't like "not knowing" worse than anything.

Without a target...they manufacture thier own scenarios and they ususally are the worst imaginable.

That is why Trump is trying to put a target date out there....to keep this from happening.

The governor of Michigan is trying to do something....but is going about it all wrong in terms of her messaging.

Just saying stay home until we tell you to come out....won't work.
I think I agree yet disagree....

people hate uncertainty, not knowing....

but an arbitrary date, and just saying he's going to open us up on his whim....

still leaves us with uncertainty, and even fear...of him and his half ass arbitrary decisions

what he should do is simply tell us the plan for mitigating our virus fears....

testing, isolating, tracing contacts, isolating....
and testing for antibodies, those people go back to work first.... whatever the scientists think is more important right now... the economy coming back will follow....

tell us the truth.... not fairy tales and wishes and wants...we need a leader, not a cheerleader....

when can the vaccines can be delivered and ramped up enough... 2 years? 3 years? another year? be truthful....

truthful facts, will give us strength.... not pretending everything is honky dory.

His date was something to look forward to.

It also pushed the "experts" to counter. Which they can't because their models are fucking topsy turvey.

We know it isn't the zombie apocolypes.

I don't like that people are dying.

But it happens every day (150 K a day which is more than the total deaths....not minimizing.....just saying).

You also can't keep this lockdown indefinte. It simply does not work. Our society won't survive.

Sweden has not locked down and is not going down in droves.
sweden was not on lock down, for just a couple of weeks, at most.... but they had to change their ways... they had an OH SHIT realization, and changed their tune.... from what I've read....

giving a date, without a plan on how they will make it as safe as they can until a vaccine can be given to half the country, is simply scaring people more....

tell me I'm going in to a war zone, I'll muster up the courage and arm myself as best as I can....

please don't send me in to a battle field, and tell me it is a rose garden.

They were never on lockdown.

They've called for it, but it isn't being enforced (restaraunts are still open).

Their launch in numbers is due to a number of elderly care facilities getting infected.

Beyond that, they don't look different from anyone else.

What war zone ?

Carpe diem!

People don't like "not knowing" worse than anything.

Without a target...they manufacture thier own scenarios and they ususally are the worst imaginable.

That is why Trump is trying to put a target date out there....to keep this from happening.

The governor of Michigan is trying to do something....but is going about it all wrong in terms of her messaging.

Just saying stay home until we tell you to come out....won't work.
Well, the problem with that is that nobody knows when it will end, and what's worse is that this mess may go on for months, not weeks. But if people try to open things up too soon, you'll get a spike in the number of Covid-19 cases, just as sure as the sun will come up in the morning. Is that what you want?

You don't know what will happen.

I've posted and now seen how people are not living strictly according to the shelter in place idea.

And you are not seeing the spikes.

But even if you did...you'd not see us running out of hospital beds.

Look at New York...they are fucked and they have not outstripped their capabilities.
Gee, I'm pretty sure that I began by saying that nobody knows when this will end, so yeah, I don't know what will happen. But OK, go ahead and ignore the experts. Go out and about. And then we'll see if there are spikes or not. I'm not sure how YOU know that we won't run out of hospital beds, but I hope you'll excuse me for not taking your word for it. And if New York hasn't outstripped its capabilities, it's because of the measures they have taken. In fact, my wife works with mentally ill people, and she said that people like you are like somebody's who's mentally ill who takes medication that helps them feel better and more normal -- and then, because they feel all right, they think that they don't need their meds anymore, so they stop. And what do you suppose happens then? They "decompensate," as they say in the trade.

I have been out and about.

And so have a lot of people since this thing started....and no spikes.....sorry.

Because we have not run out of hospital beds.

Recall that navy hospital ship in New York.....????

Yes, and if only 3 people in your county have tested positive for Covid-19, that number could NEVER possibly go up. Because it's been well-established that it's almost impossible to catch Covid-19 from someone else, right? Right? And how could you possibly come into contact with someone who has it in a crowd?

So, what are you arguing aginst ?

A rock concert ? Nobdoy is suggesting one.

But there are plenty of places that have been "close to normal" that are taking good precautions that are not having problems.

What part of that is being lost on you.

FWIW the Left has their full marching orders today. Everyone at that protest yesterday it to be Completely Vilified. If there is any uptick in COVID cases anywhere in the state, it is Solely Their Fault.

They can't stop it.

An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government.

I’m all in favor of Trump supporters gathering in large numbers in protest, the police should issue a summons relinquishing hospitals from service to any who test positive for Covid 19. Darwinism could help alleviate many of the problems this country faces, just let nature run its course, excepting all who took precautions and have followed the CDC guidelines

I’m all in favor of Trump supporters gathering in large numbers in protest, the police should issue a summons relinquishing hospitals from service to any who test positive for Covid 19. Darwinism could help alleviate many of the problems this country faces, just let nature run its course, excepting all who took precautions and have followed the CDC guidelines

Fine. Let's apply standards equally then. Anyone who smokes pot, tobacco or vapes: same. You take part in risky behaviors of ANY kind, you don't get treatment. Let nature run its course

Yes! Go out! Breathe on each other! Exchange viruses! And then we'll see what happens...
And if you all die, I'll dance on your graves.
ROFLMFAO ROFLMFAO ROFLMFAO

VIRUSES LIVE IN AND ON YOUR BODY ASSHOLE
THEY ARE IN THE AIR YOU BREATH, THE FOOD YOU EAT AND THE WATER YOU DRINK
YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY VIRUSES IDIOT
ONLY 5% OF MICROBES ACTUALLY CAUSE DISEASE
LESS THAN 1% OF BACTERIA IS HARMFUL

THIS PATHOGEN IS NOT NORMAL, IT IS MAN MADE
Scientists have determined this is not man made.

Fine. Let's apply standards equally then. Anyone who smokes pot, tobacco or vapes: same. You take part in risky behaviors of ANY kind, you don't get treatment. Let nature run its course
Another stupid false equivalence from a trumpette. A person can get this virus by being close to someone they don't know and do not have a choice. You guys want to subject people to a virus with no cure and for what? To say that the government can't stop you from going outside?

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.

It's a great day in Michigan.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

Good luck!

1587076365941.png

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.
The protestors are right, we need to reopen the economy immediately. We can't wait a single day longer.

So that everyone gets the virus?

The protestors are right, we need to reopen the economy immediately. We can't wait a single day longer.

They are brainwashed. Hopefully the business people use common sense or this thing could get out of hand.

They are brainwashed. Hopefully the business people use common sense or this thing could get out of hand.

I am. All of my people that can work from home are remaining there until at least August. All of my employees that can't I arraigned testing for them and their families. It's what any RESPONSIBLE employer should do.

Carpe diem!

Oh, ya they willl report it. Big time. The media does what the audiance wants them too. That's the dirty little secret no one is telling you. People think they are motivasted by politics in reality they are motivated by the almighty dollar. Ratings matter and Americans toon into controversy. Back in the day we under stood this but some how forgot.

Kick em when they up kick em when they down!!! MSM theme song....LOL Great tune!

To some degree I'm okay with that. But we all know and love people who have made terrible life choices. So, in effect, if you're an alcoholic who needs a new liver, we're unable to help you. If you're a smoker who needs a lung transplant, we're unable to help you.

And if you defy the law and gather in large groups to protest a states attempt to stem the spread of a deadly virus, please call the hospital from your home for advice, we're here to help you. Our business hours are 8:00 AM to Midnight, 7 days a week.

me thinks it was likely a bunch of Trump-sters... just following orders.... :rolleyes-41:

I don't think they have the sincere concerns that you and buttercup have expressed.
Protests are happening all over the world. Why, because not everyone naively believes whatever they're told, many people worldwide can see the bigger picture and where all this is heading. Nice try though.
who organized the protests here?

I don't know, my point was simply that outrage over ridiculous draconian laws and the move toward tyranny isn't limited to Trump supporters, as protests are happening worldwide.
So, you claim that many people worldwide can see the bigger picture and where all this is heading. Where IS all this heading?
I guess you haven't read any of my posts, because I've said the same thing over and over on numerous threads. There are a number of agendas. ID2020, Agenda 2030, forced vaccinations, massive surveillance, a new monetary system (cashless society where the government tracks everything) and eventually a one world government, aka the New World Order. If you care about freedom, justice, privacy and individual rights, you should be more concerned about those things, than any boogeyman pretext they're using to get people to go along with those things. If you don't care about freedom, justice, privacy and rights, then continue to bend over and take whatever is coming.

It's a great day in Michigan.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

These people should have been arrested. These are animals who don't give a damn about anyone else but themselves. The American people are not with them.
Arrested? Lol.
You forget they are emptying the jails?

Did it ever occur to you that your TDS and that of your fellow Democrats is why the Democrat Party is not only shrinking, but gaining only in disdain for its extreme communistic leanings that are against not only the founders of this nation, but also is against freedom of speech, religious belief in God Almighty, and the Constitution of the United States of America. At least you're loyal person. Too bad it's causing a funeral of the 2-party system, and that its object of total controlism will make it an object of derision in the future of mankind, most of whom believe in freedom to say what they think. And that's my salute to the American flag and those who died for that which it stands.

Forum List

Back