🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Coronavirus stay-at-home orders stir protests nationwide amid fears of economic collapse

And if you all die, I'll dance on your graves

I support your decision to isolate yourself from the rest of humanity.

Can you keep it up after the virus is gone?
LONG after the virus is gone, preferably FOREVER. And hopefully a permanent isolation from this site, as well. THAT would be VERY nice. Brucie just doesn't make a whole lot of sense with his posts.
Don't worry, bluzman61, you can't get the virus from reading my posts. I guess you just don't like reading things that don't comport with your preconceived beliefs, huh? Maybe my posts don't make sense to you because you're not used to logic.

Probably won't be a lot of reporting on this, but people are getting fed up. Nationwide protests will be happening all over the country today.

Carpe diem!

The protest – called “Operation Gridlock” – would be just one of a number of demonstrations of civil disobedience around the country by Americans upset with their state’s stay-at-home orders amid the pandemic. While the contagion has infected over 568,000 Americans and killed over 23,000, according to the latest estimates, protestors from North Carolina to Wyoming said they’ve been just as concerned with the economic and financial impact the coronavirus has inflicted on the country – echoing President Trump’s complaint that “the cure be worse than the problem.”

Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been sounding the alarm about what he believes are flawed models dictating the aggressive strategy, drew attention to the protests in North Carolina, as well as a social media uproar in Michigan.
Yes! Go out! Breathe on each other! Exchange viruses! And then we'll see what happens...
And if you all die, I'll dance on your graves.

Seems a bit dark.

But o.k.....I'll put a "Bouncing Betty" on my grave...just for you.

Probably won't be a lot of reporting on this, but people are getting fed up. Nationwide protests will be happening all over the country today.

Carpe diem!

The protest – called “Operation Gridlock” – would be just one of a number of demonstrations of civil disobedience around the country by Americans upset with their state’s stay-at-home orders amid the pandemic. While the contagion has infected over 568,000 Americans and killed over 23,000, according to the latest estimates, protestors from North Carolina to Wyoming said they’ve been just as concerned with the economic and financial impact the coronavirus has inflicted on the country – echoing President Trump’s complaint that “the cure be worse than the problem.”

Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been sounding the alarm about what he believes are flawed models dictating the aggressive strategy, drew attention to the protests in North Carolina, as well as a social media uproar in Michigan.

People don't like "not knowing" worse than anything.

Without a target...they manufacture thier own scenarios and they ususally are the worst imaginable.

That is why Trump is trying to put a target date out there....to keep this from happening.

The governor of Michigan is trying to do something....but is going about it all wrong in terms of her messaging.

Just saying stay home until we tell you to come out....won't work.

Yeah, agree, she's a tyrant, for sure. The electorate there are very upset with her and feel duped. As well they should, given the scope of her overreach.
I wouldn't get too excited over it....

me thinks it was likely a bunch of Trump-sters... just following orders.... :rolleyes-41:

I don't think they have the sincere concerns that you and buttercup have expressed.

Carpe diem!

Without a target...they manufacture thier own scenarios and they ususally are the worst imaginable.

That is why Trump is trying to put a target date out there....to keep this from happening.

The governor of Michigan is trying to do something....but is going about it all wrong in terms of her messaging.

Well, the problem with that is that nobody knows when it will end, and what's worse is that this mess may go on for months, not weeks. But if people try to open things up too soon, you'll get a spike in the number of Covid-19 cases, just as sure as the sun will come up in the morning. Is that what you want?

Carpe diem!

Well, the problem with that is that nobody knows when it will end, and what's worse is that this mess may go on for months, not weeks. But if people try to open things up too soon, you'll get a spike in the number of Covid-19 cases, just as sure as the sun will come up in the morning. Is that what you want?

You don't know what will happen.

I've posted and now seen how people are not living strictly according to the shelter in place idea.

And you are not seeing the spikes.

But even if you did...you'd not see us running out of hospital beds.

Look at New York...they are fucked and they have not outstripped their capabilities.

me thinks it was likely a bunch of Trump-sters... just following orders.... :rolleyes-41:

I don't think they have the sincere concerns that you and buttercup have expressed.
Protests are happening all over the world. Why, because not everyone naively believes whatever they're told, many people worldwide can see the bigger picture and where all this is heading. Nice try though.

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.

It's a great day in Michigan.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

These people should have been arrested. These are animals who don't give a damn about anyone else but themselves. The American people are not with them.

Sweden ran an "experiment". They didn't shut down shit.

And they getting sicker and dying more than Norway and Finland.

But other locked down European Countries look just as bad.

And Sweden has indicated they mostly getting hit in homes for the elderly.

But as a percentage of population things are not that bad.

Carpe diem!

I think I agree yet disagree....

people hate uncertainty, not knowing....

but an arbitrary date, and just saying he's going to open us up on his whim....

still leaves us with uncertainty, and even fear...of him and his half ass arbitrary decisions

what he should do is simply tell us the plan for mitigating our virus fears....

testing, isolating, tracing contacts, isolating....
and testing for antibodies, those people go back to work first.... whatever the scientists think is more important right now... the economy coming back will follow....

tell us the truth.... not fairy tales and wishes and wants...we need a leader, not a cheerleader....

when can the vaccines can be delivered and ramped up enough... 2 years? 3 years? another year? be truthful....

truthful facts, will give us strength.... not pretending everything is honky dory.

Protests are happening all over the world. Why, because not everyone naively believes whatever they're told, many people worldwide can see the bigger picture and where all this is heading. Nice try though.
who organized the protests here?

Carpe diem!

still leaves us with uncertainty, and even fear...of him and his half ass arbitrary decisions

and testing for antibodies, those people go back to work first.... whatever the scientists think is more important right now... the economy coming back will follow....

tell us the truth.... not fairy tales and wishes and wants...we need a leader, not a cheerleader....

when can the vaccines can be delivered and ramped up enough... 2 years? 3 years? another year? be truthful....

truthful facts, will give us strength.... not pretending everything is honky dory.

His date was something to look forward to.

It also pushed the "experts" to counter. Which they can't because their models are fucking topsy turvey.

We know it isn't the zombie apocolypes.

I don't like that people are dying.

But it happens every day (150 K a day which is more than the total deaths....not minimizing.....just saying).

You also can't keep this lockdown indefinte. It simply does not work. Our society won't survive.

Sweden has not locked down and is not going down in droves.

who organized the protests here?

I don't know, my point was simply that outrage over ridiculous draconian laws and the move toward tyranny isn't limited to Trump supporters, as protests are happening worldwide.

Carpe diem!

You don't know what will happen.

I've posted and now seen how people are not living strictly according to the shelter in place idea.

And you are not seeing the spikes.

But even if you did...you'd not see us running out of hospital beds.

Look at New York...they are fucked and they have not outstripped their capabilities.
Gee, I'm pretty sure that I began by saying that nobody knows when this will end, so yeah, I don't know what will happen. But OK, go ahead and ignore the experts. Go out and about. And then we'll see if there are spikes or not. I'm not sure how YOU know that we won't run out of hospital beds, but I hope you'll excuse me for not taking your word for it. And if New York hasn't outstripped its capabilities, it's because of the measures they have taken. In fact, my wife works with mentally ill people, and she said that people like you are like somebody's who's mentally ill who takes medication that helps them feel better and more normal -- and then, because they feel all right, they think that they don't need their meds anymore, so they stop. And what do you suppose happens then? They "decompensate," as they say in the trade.

Carpe diem!

His date was something to look forward to.

It also pushed the "experts" to counter. Which they can't because their models are fucking topsy turvey.

We know it isn't the zombie apocolypes.

I don't like that people are dying.

But it happens every day (150 K a day which is more than the total deaths....not minimizing.....just saying).

You also can't keep this lockdown indefinte. It simply does not work. Our society won't survive.

Sweden has not locked down and is not going down in droves.
sweden was not on lock down, for just a couple of weeks, at most.... but they had to change their ways... they had an OH SHIT realization, and changed their tune.... from what I've read....

giving a date, without a plan on how they will make it as safe as they can until a vaccine can be given to half the country, is simply scaring people more....

tell me I'm going in to a war zone, I'll muster up the courage and arm myself as best as I can....

please don't send me in to a battle field, and tell me it is a rose garden.

Yes, and if only 3 people in your county have tested positive for Covid-19, that number could NEVER possibly go up. Because it's been well-established that it's almost impossible to catch Covid-19 from someone else, right? Right? And how could you possibly come into contact with someone who has it in a crowd?

Carpe diem!

Because people know all this BS is coming and this virus is to control the population. The down fall wave 2 still has to hit and that might be the real thing which is a mind fk to those who aren't not on the reality side of things.

(MSN) – The small group of volunteers at a Ford factory in Plymouth, Michigan, are trying out wristbands that vibrate when employees come within six feet of each another, said Kelli Felker, a company spokeswoman.

and then they want to do this

That way the people will be freaked out so they can then push this made up Vaccines bs.

The wave will kill a lot of people though this 2nd wave is suppose to be no joke no test .......... It is to scare those alive so badly they want to obey the gov and do whatever it takets to live meanwhile they're gonna kill you even faster lol esp. with these bs vaccines.
You're a paranoid screwball.

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.

It's a great day in Michigan.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

These people should have been arrested. These are animals who don't give a damn about anyone else but themselves. The American people are not with them.
You speak for the American people now, BB? Really?
Caring about whether your business is going to survive so you can feed your family isn't selfish. Whitmer has gone overboard and people in Michigan KNOW it!

On the day NY Governor Cuomo orders all people to mask in public, in the entire state, even if you are off fishing by yourself. Cuomo: All New Yorkers Must Wear Face Masks in Public

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Americans are learning the meaning of these civics lesson quotes in real time now. Bets we will be seeing more defiance? LE overwhelmed? What will they do shoot all of us on sight to "save lives?"

View attachment 323911

These people are traitors to the United States. The United States is at war with a deadly pathogen, and these people are advocating policies that would aid the pathogen spreading and killing more people!

Forum List

Back