Corporate backlash against Texas

This is always what you guys jump to. You imagine a secret cabal pulling the strings. But that's just because you're paranoid and dumb. In point of fact, a whole lot of us out here think you're a bunch of miscreants, and we'll fight you ever inch of the way, regardless of partisan nonsense.

Mmm, the op is reporting on a group of you leftards openly fighting to get your way AGAINST a democratically elected state government.

That is not us being paranoid. It is you being dumb.

And an asshole.

Anytime a company takes a stance in social or political agendas I automatically stop supporting them until they stop. I can always find another company to spend my money with that doesn't.

Texas is bigger than the lib ankle bitters

if all of this results in more liberal, far left california refugees settling in georgia than Texas thats a win for Texas
With the courts no longer available to the people to seek relief from Republican lawmakers’ efforts to violate the rights and protected liberties of the people, citizens must fight against rightwing tyranny through the political process and in the private sector – in this case private corporations doing what they can to oppose this Texas measure hostile to the privacy rights of women.

Everyone can see the zest with which you folks love to kill those babies. "MY BODY MY CHOICE"

Oh yeah, your body when the babies are being offed. Otherwise, roll up that sleeve, line up for the shots, and for gosh sake mask your face forever.

I cannot tell you the level of DONE I'm seeing on the ground with all of this
Further proof that conservatives are liars and demagogues – no one is ‘killing babies.’

That type of wallet protesting never works.
I don't give a s*** what vendor does or does not do... If they have something I want at a reasonable price I'm going to purchase it.
It works because you don't have to do anything. Nor does it require 100% participation. Enough people just cutting back makes a difference. Nor will anyone actually try to coerce you to do so. Once it's in your head, it's a hard thing to shake, and since you are here discussing it, you might not even notice if or when it effects your behavior.

I do not agree with abortions. I do not support abortions. I am not pro abortion.
No one is ‘pro-abortion.’

But the issue of ‘abortion’ has nothing to do with the fact that the right to privacy prohibits the state from interfering in personal decisions made by citizens, such whether to have a child or not, and further prohibits the state from denying citizens access to the means by which to engage in family planning.

Indeed, it is perfectly appropriate and consistent to both oppose abortion and acknowledge a woman’s right to privacy and limited state authority to interfere with family planning.

Citizens are at liberty to seek an end to abortion consistent with Constitutional case law – where ‘banning’ abortion clearly violates that case law.

Mmm, the op is reporting on a group of you leftards openly fighting to get your way AGAINST a democratically elected state government.

And an asshole.
Wrong.

You’re witnessing appropriate, warranted opposition to Texas lawmakers’ clear contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law – in this case the authoritarian right’s contempt for the right to privacy and the state’s limited authority to dictate to citizens concerning their personal choices.

And an asshole.
Glad to oblige. Fighting for freedom is almost always a fight against democratically elected government.

With the courts no longer available to the people to seek relief from Republican lawmakers’ efforts to violate the rights and protected liberties of the people, citizens must fight against rightwing tyranny through the political process and in the private sector – in this case private corporations doing what they can to oppose this Texas measure hostile to the privacy rights of women.
Just hope you remember this the next time you're arguing the exact opposite position.

Forum List

Back