Corporate welfare in action ....

Higher taxes on corporations, moms & pops, income, capital gains and estates !!!!!

For Growth !!! For the People !!!!!!!!! Lol

Welfare is when the government takes money from working people and hands it out to people who dont work. Its that simple. Now you can add all the adjectives you want..."corporate" or whatever. Different animal. But I dont think the confusion liberals try to sow with it work anymore. Since Obama came into office welfare spending (look up welfare at Wikipedia if you still dont know what it is) has risen 25% to over 900,000,000,000. LINK That is a lot of zeros. How to do it? Well for eight years you fund your pet liberals in corporations...then you whine that "corporate welfare" means you cant stop the welfare spending. neat trick!

Doesn't matter if liberal at Apple got some money, or Tunisia, or the National Weather Service. Welfare is breaking us. And there is no connection. If you want to cut welfare there is no tie to cutting off sewer funding to insurance agencies in Omaha. It is a liberal scam. "We cant cut welfare because "fill in the blank" welfare....
Bogus.

But more than that it ensures that Democrats can continue their handouts to corporations. it makes corporations complicit in the general theft. To lose that straw man "corporate welfare" would be catastrophic for corp[orate boards, democrat politicians and welfare vote farms.
Welfare is a necessity for when capitalism fails.

Welfare is a necessity when people fail--not capitalism.

Welfare is necessary when employers don't pay a living wage.

Why is welfare needed because of what employers pay? Welfare is a benefit to individuals--not employers.

How did it become the employers responsibility to provide a living wage to employees who's work is not worth a living wage? Shouldn't that be the responsibility of the employee?

I have some very disappointing news for you. People do not start businesses to pay a living wage. They do not start (or maintain) a business to provide great benefits. People start companies to create a product or service for profit. That's where their responsibility ends. If government decides to subsidize people for being failures in life, that's not the fault of the employers--that's the fault of our government and people who become slaves to the government.

So I can pay you this amount which is a living wage or I can pay you this amount which is a lot lower because I know that the government will step in and not let you starve.

Hmmmmmm, tough decision.

So the government props up shit businesses which undercut legit businesses and its all a race to the bottom.And that is why the working man is screwed at every level.

If your business model doesnt allow you to pay a living wage then its not a business its a welfare dependent.

I don't know about where you live, but in the USA, people have choices. You have the choice to make crap money, you have the choice to become middle-class, you have the choice to do better if you really desire.

As for business, many don't have the choice of paying a living wage. If they pay their employees a living wage, their competitors who don't pay a living wage will put them out of business.

You and I both own widget factories. In my factory, I pay my employees only what they are worth. In your factory, you pay your employees much more than they are worth. Because of my lower labor costs, I can sell more of my widgets than you. After a while, I start taking your customers away because my product costs less than yours. If you allow that to continue, I eventually put you out of business.That's the way it works.

As for the worker, we are only worth what an employer can find somebody else to do the exact same job for with the exact same quality. If you stock shelves for a living, anybody can do that job, so your worth to employer is very little since he (or she) can find anybody to do that job. If you want to make yourself worth more money, you need to be able to do a job that less people can do. The less people that can do a particular job, the more money you can make doing that job. That's why engineers, registered nurses, architects, computer IT people make much more than a living wage. They got training and experience to do jobs many others cannot do.

That pea brain libs have the nerve to yap about corporate welfare after their lawless umpteen billion dollar theft its mind boggling.

Not to mention their corporate welfare to lure people into buying electric cars they really don't want.

Yep. It's the same abuse of the taxation power. Taxes should be confined to raising revenue and applied as evenly as possible. We shouldn't let government use its power to tax as a carrot and stick to manipulate society.

Okay, that sounds fair. So you wouldn't mind paying 35% in income taxes, because that's what we tax the wealthy at.

Welfare is a necessity for when capitalism fails.

Why is welfare needed because of what employers pay? Welfare is a benefit to individuals--not employers.

How did it become the employers responsibility to provide a living wage to employees who's work is not worth a living wage? Shouldn't that be the responsibility of the employee?

I have some very disappointing news for you. People do not start businesses to pay a living wage. They do not start (or maintain) a business to provide great benefits. People start companies to create a product or service for profit. That's where their responsibility ends. If government decides to subsidize people for being failures in life, that's not the fault of the employers--that's the fault of our government and people who become slaves to the government.

So I can pay you this amount which is a living wage or I can pay you this amount which is a lot lower because I know that the government will step in and not let you starve.

Hmmmmmm, tough decision.

So the government props up shit businesses which undercut legit businesses and its all a race to the bottom.And that is why the working man is screwed at every level.

If your business model doesnt allow you to pay a living wage then its not a business its a welfare dependent.

I don't know about where you live, but in the USA, people have choices. You have the choice to make crap money, you have the choice to become middle-class, you have the choice to do better if you really desire.

As for business, many don't have the choice of paying a living wage. If they pay their employees a living wage, their competitors who don't pay a living wage will put them out of business.

You and I both own widget factories. In my factory, I pay my employees only what they are worth. In your factory, you pay your employees much more than they are worth. Because of my lower labor costs, I can sell more of my widgets than you. After a while, I start taking your customers away because my product costs less than yours. If you allow that to continue, I eventually put you out of business.That's the way it works.

As for the worker, we are only worth what an employer can find somebody else to do the exact same job for with the exact same quality. If you stock shelves for a living, anybody can do that job, so your worth to employer is very little since he (or she) can find anybody to do that job. If you want to make yourself worth more money, you need to be able to do a job that less people can do. The less people that can do a particular job, the more money you can make doing that job. That's why engineers, registered nurses, architects, computer IT people make much more than a living wage. They got training and experience to do jobs many others cannot do.

Ok Ray, lets just expand your analogy here. Rays Crazy Widgets are able to pay less because the government will subsidise their low wages through some form of welfare. The employee still gets x amount.

Because of this crafty Ray can undercut Tommys Top Widgets because Tommy is a good employer and pays a decent wage without government subsidies.

So Tommy can either go bust and Ray can pick up his business or he can follow Ray and pick up some corporate welfare.

The government has created a distorted market and penalised the good employer. If they refused to subsidise Ray then he would have to raise his wages as nobody would work for him.

That pea brain libs have the nerve to yap about corporate welfare after their lawless umpteen billion dollar theft its mind boggling.

Not to mention their corporate welfare to lure people into buying electric cars they really don't want.

Yep. It's the same abuse of the taxation power. Taxes should be confined to raising revenue and applied as evenly as possible. We shouldn't let government use its power to tax as a carrot and stick to manipulate society.

Okay, that sounds fair. So you wouldn't mind paying 35% in income taxes, because that's what we tax the wealthy at.

I'd rather get rid of income tax altogether, but if we're going to have it it should be the same rate for everyone, yeah.

Hmmmmmm, tough decision.

Ok Ray, lets just expand your analogy here. Rays Crazy Widgets are able to pay less because the government will subsidise their low wages through some form of welfare. The employee still gets x amount.

Because of this crafty Ray can undercut Tommys Top Widgets because Tommy is a good employer and pays a decent wage without government subsidies.

So Tommy can either go bust and Ray can pick up his business or he can follow Ray and pick up some corporate welfare.

The government has created a distorted market and penalised the good employer. If they refused to subsidise Ray then he would have to raise his wages as nobody would work for him.

And that's the way it should be. Government should only pass out social goodies to those who were responsible enough to not put themselves in a bad position in life, but somehow ended up there through no fault of their own.

I'm the employer. I have nothing to do with social programs. It's none of my business. Those programs are between my employee and the government--not between me and the government. I could care less if my employees are on social programs or not.

If we did get rid of social programs, then my employees would want to work more hours, and that's good for me since I would not have to hire more workers.

Apple to build Iowa data center, get $207.8 million in incentives

We've got to get a handle on this shit. Whatever happened to equal protection?

The government regardless of party in charge has always been in the business of taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to the people that didn't earn it and that is despicable.

For instance, that asshole Obama was just as big of a prick for giving money to GM and Solyndra as he was for giving money to his welfare queens and illegals.

I'd rather get rid of income tax altogether, but if we're going to have it it should be the same rate for everyone, yeah.

If we got rid of income taxes, how would we run the federal government? After all, none of your payroll taxes goes to run the government, and in fact, almost half of the people in this country pay no income tax at all.

If we got rid of income taxes, how would we run the federal government?

I dunno. Lot's of different ideas out there. But if we can't, if we have to keep income tax, we should at least apply it as equally as possible.

What we really need is a Constitutional amendment clearly banning the practice of discriminatory taxation.

Apple to build Iowa data center, get $207.8 million in incentives

We've got to get a handle on this shit. Whatever happened to equal protection?

The government regardless of party in charge has always been in the business of taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to the people that didn't earn it and that is despicable.

I couldn't give one rat's ass about "party", but we need to put a halt to it.

I agree. No welfare, subsidies, bailouts or entitlements. Both parties are bad about taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to people that didn't earn it and that is always wrong.

Corporate welfare produces jobs and a desired product.

Social welfare produces urine and feces.

You make the call.

Those opposing this fuss about the tax incentives yet the idea is supposed to produce more in tax revenue when the returns occur than it ever would have without the investment. Isn't that the argument put forth by the lefties when it comes to free college?

Hmmmmmm, tough decision.

And that's the way it should be. Government should only pass out social goodies to those who were responsible enough to not put themselves in a bad position in life, but somehow ended up there through no fault of their own.

I'm the employer. I have nothing to do with social programs. It's none of my business. Those programs are between my employee and the government--not between me and the government. I could care less if my employees are on social programs or not.

If we did get rid of social programs, then my employees would want to work more hours, and that's good for me since I would not have to hire more workers.

You would care if they bought a soda pop or stick off gum, you have said so! So you do care if they are on assistance.

If this is welfare, can we consider the free college proposal put forth by the left as welfare?

What else would we call it?

The free college concept is nothing but welfare.

Right. I guess I'm not sure what you were getting at.

The people calling free college an investment consider what is being done in the OP as welfare. That's why I asked if they consider it welfare, shouldn't free college be considered the same thing?

If this is welfare, can we consider the free college proposal put forth by the left as welfare?

What else would we call it?

The free college concept is nothing but welfare.

Right. I guess I'm not sure what you were getting at.

The people calling free college an investment consider what is being done in the OP as welfare. That's why I asked if they consider it welfare, shouldn't free college be considered the same thing?

So, do the people who consider free college to be welfare recognize that the OP is the same thing?

Forum List

Back