Costco denies political motive for pulling D'Souza's book

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Censorship, liberal style. Don't get me wrong they own the store they have a right to sell what ever they want. If their strongly held religious belief is to censor books then they fit well with the left wing.

NEW YORK – Big-box wholesaler Costco pulled Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, “America: Imagine a World Without Her,” just after the nationwide release of the companion movie, but Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WND the decision was not motivated by political considerations.

The book, heavily critical of Barack Obama, was officially released June 2. A corporate decision to return the books was issued July 1, just as it is about to debut on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti confirmed to WND the “pull order” was in effect and that D’Souza’s book is in the process of being removed from Costco stores this week, with the goal to have all copies of D’Souza’s book out of Costco stores nationwide and shipped back to the vendor no later than July 15.

Read more at Costco denies political motive for pulling D?Souza?s book

I like to imagine a world without people like Dinesh D’Souza in it, it makes me happy, but in reality this is Hell and he's the greeter.

Make sure you cut up your Costco card and send it back to them. You can always still get 20 gallons of mayo and 100 pairs of socks from the Wal-Mart. With them you probably get a free autographed copy of his book with every ten "I Hate Hillary" bumper stickers.

I encourage everyone to go see the movie "America" by Dinesh.

He takes on liberal arguments head on and kicks their ass using common sense and historical facts.

This will only make the book more popular. Another liberal backfire.

Censorship, liberal style. Don't get me wrong they own the store they have a right to sell what ever they want. If their strongly held religious belief is to censor books then they fit well with the left wing.

NEW YORK – Big-box wholesaler Costco pulled Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, “America: Imagine a World Without Her,” just after the nationwide release of the companion movie, but Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WND the decision was not motivated by political considerations.

The book, heavily critical of Barack Obama, was officially released June 2. A corporate decision to return the books was issued July 1, just as it is about to debut on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti confirmed to WND the “pull order” was in effect and that D’Souza’s book is in the process of being removed from Costco stores this week, with the goal to have all copies of D’Souza’s book out of Costco stores nationwide and shipped back to the vendor no later than July 15.

tumblr_n1h2onzIlf1qh16h5o1_400.png

I like to imagine a world without people like Dinesh D’Souza in it, it makes me happy, but in reality this is Hell and he's the greeter.

Make sure you cut up your Costco card and send it back to them. You can always still get 20 gallons of mayo and 100 pairs of socks from the Wal-Mart. With them you probably get a free autographed copy of his book with every ten "I Hate Hillary" bumper stickers.

Are you racist against Indian authors?

I can't even boycott a place I've never stepped foot in.

I'll certainly be buying the DVD online though, in spite of the fact I doubt there will be anything in it I either didn't already suspect or know to be true. I don't think any sort of information could create more contempt than I currently have for the moonbat messiah or his mindless sycophants. I find poison ivy, sunburn and mosquito bites all at once favorable to having liberals near me.

As I said, blind hatred fits well with the liberal left.
Oh, it's not blind in the slightest. He's the kind of guy you hit full-speed without braking, then back up over to see if you hit something?

I love the liberal defense of free speech.

And I love the fact that Conservatives don't seem to understand what "free speech" means.

Here's a hint: it doesn't mean forcing book stores to sell the books you want them to.

Last edited:

I will not be renewing my Costco membership

lol, maybe D'Souza should go to the Supreme Court and claim it's his religious right to sell his books in any store he chooses.

I will not be renewing my Costco membership

Why? Do you think losing some adult diaper sales will put them out of business?

Are you racist against Indian authors?

Yes, we hate da Sioux.

Of course they deny...following the formula that Evan Sayat explained in that great post by the Rabbi...

Oh, it's not blind in the slightest. He's the kind of guy you hit full-speed without braking, then back up over to see if you hit something?

And I love the fact that Conservatives don't seem to understand what "free speech" means.

Here's a hint: it doesn't mean forcing book stores to sell the books you want them to.

Who is saying they should be forced to sell it?

The thread is about the claim that it was not politically motivated. That is hard to believe, but that is their claim.

But what makes you believe that conservatives are saying "force them to sell it"?

Or did you just say that for the hell of it...

You know....like "they will tell you he has a funny name....and he is black"

Who is saying they should be forced to sell it?

The thread is about the claim that it was not politically motivated. That is hard to believe, but that is their claim.

But what makes you believe that conservatives are saying "force them to sell it"?

Or did you just say that for the hell of it...

You know....like "they will tell you he has a funny name....and he is black"

I was responding directly to the claims that this was a "free speech" issue.

Forum List

Back