Could all Religions Come Together?

why have a brain - just let the organs run wild and do as they please ... heart wants a nap, go for it.

- only what is madeup and put to print is religion, if only gutenberg never existed. or atleast print something worth while.
What does having a brain have to do with being united under a one world religion? My brain tells me that robs people of free thinking.

I know let's propose a one world religion to unite everybody....and then shame anybody who doesn't want to go along with it! 😂 Wow, I bet THAT'LL be popular!

What does having a brain have to do with being united under a one world religion? My brain tells me that robs people of free thinking.
Why would you WANT a One World Religion? Different perspectives are good. Why would you want the One World government?

the response was for the second ...

robbing people is usually accomplished first after weakening the gov't as the means for their protection to then do to them as the criminals knowingly have made possible, impunity without barriers.

same with religion, looking out for just themselves cloaked by a pseudo heavenly presence.

cns - central nervous system ... try living without one.

It's very dangerous comparing a human creation like a religion with something that nature puts there out of necessity. You're also suggesting that people need someone or something to think for them. I already have a CNS, thanks, and I reject your analogy that I am somehow disconnected from reality because I'm not plugged into your idea of a central church.

I know let's propose a one world religion to unite everybody
Please don't be silly. There is a huge difference between all people of faith coming together for a day a worship in solidarity than having just one religion. That would be like having one fashion, etc.

you mean the political hack -

to bad for you though, what was recorded verifies the digression and finality of the 1st century events jews were responsible for. willingly coerced by the romans.
oh yes-----"recorded" in the Q guarded by
SAINT CONSTANTINE of the hallucinations

It's very dangerous comparing a human creation like a religion with something that nature puts there out of necessity. You're also suggesting that people need someone or something to think for them. I already have a CNS, thanks, and I reject your analogy that I am somehow disconnected from reality because I'm not plugged into your idea of a central church.

jump to conclusions much ... why not follow your own advice and stop using your cns, see where it gets you.

oh yes-----"recorded" in the Q guarded by
SAINT CONSTANTINE of the hallucinations

no argument there mathew is only one of the many demons found in the c-bible, desert religions ... crucifiers united - constantine.

the quote though is the shoe that fits.

jump to conclusions much ... why not follow your own advice and stop using your cns, see where it gets you.
I'm perfectly happy using my CNS. It's your One World Church idea that I have the problem with. See you think you can act stupid and get me to act stupid too but you can't. 🤪

People of the same religion struggle to be in the same room as each other.
We struggle because we see only our own differences from one another. What if our one focus for this day is on God alone, and for once we deny self interests that divide.

We struggle because we see only our own differences from one another. What if our one focus for this day is on God alone, and for once we deny self interests that divide.

But... we're humans. We're selfish, arrogant, stubborn.
Most people aren't going to stop and say "hey, let's all get together and forget we're humans".
It's the same reason why Communism won't work.

Because I, for one, cannot pray next to a Christian who thinks I am going to hell unless I convert.

I once had some Evangelicals after me to attend their missionary church, and they would not let up. The more I resisted, the more their antisemitism raged. Honestly, how can you expect Jews to forget about that attitude and pray with them?

then why do you know nothing about Islam or those Islamic countries?

I also lived in Kuwait and Libya. I heard a speech by ibn Saud who I'd met as a child.. He said, "Man doesn't live by bread alone." That struck me since I'd learned that in Sunday school. I have been interested in Islam ever since. I've known some very nice people. Like the Sudeiri Seven, Ali Naimi, Zaki Yamani..

We're you in the military? Since I'm female I could always talk to men and women which is a distinct advantage. I also had an older friend.. a Muslim judge who answered questions for me when I read Pickthal.

I'm Episcopalian, but I like and admire Muslims. I'm sure my experience was very different than yours.

Thats like asking "why can't all political groups come together" for the sole benfit of the people they are supposed to protect.

ROFL
Do we come together on the Fourth of July? On this one day, do we do pretty well not getting into political battles?

Forum List

Back