Could all Religions Come Together?

The majority of Christians do not hold this belief. We note that God has an everlasting Covenant with Jews.

Can you elaborate please? And please support your statements scripturally.

And let me ask you another question. Do you believe that people of other religions (Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc) are saved based on their own beliefs about God? Or based on being a good person? In other words, is it your view that all people, of all different beliefs all go to heaven based on their own religious beliefs, even if many of those different beliefs contradict each other? I'm genuinely curious to hear your view on this. Thanks.

Perhaps we should raise our expectations for humans.

That may sound good, and I'm sure it's well-intentioned... but you are ignoring human nature.

Human nature (in our natural state) is prone to selfishness, prone to sin, prone to wrong ideas, and prone to doing things our own way instead of God's way.

So I hate to say this, but in this case, frigidweirdo was absolutely correct, which is ironic because I'm pretty sure he's an atheist or agnostic. And you disagreed with him, when his position is actually the biblically correct position. The bible says that no one is good, no one but God.

Instead of unrealistically thinking that humans of contradictory views can all come together, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.... I think the better and more worthwhile pursuit for Christians would be to do what Jesus said to do: Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

And also, what Jesus said in John 3 is of the utmost importance. Because our human nature will stay the same until we are born spiritually.

"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" - Titus 3:5​

I also lived in Kuwait and Libya. I heard a speech by ibn Saud who I'd met as a child.. He said, "Man doesn't live by bread alone." That struck me since I'd learned that in Sunday school. I have been interested in Islam ever since. I've known some very nice people. Like the Sudeiri Seven, Ali Naimi, Zaki Yamani..

We're you in the military? Since I'm female I could always talk to men and women which is a distinct advantage. I also had an older friend.. a Muslim judge who answered questions for me when I read Pickthal.

I'm Episcopalian, but I like and admire Muslims. I'm sure my experience was very different than yours.
I was a defense contractor dealing with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Kuwait. One of my friends in Saudi had a Phillipino houseboy who was caught holding Bible studies and he was beheaded by your peaceful friendly, accept all religions, muslims. I too know many muslims who I respect and call friends but the religion is full of hate and murder. Not all muslims follow that part of it, but very few will openly condemn it because they want to keep their heads.

Can you elaborate please? And please support your statements scripturally.

And let me ask you another question. Do you believe that people of other religions (Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc) are saved based on their own beliefs about God? Or based on being a good person? In other words, is it your view that all people, of all different beliefs all go to heaven based on their own religious beliefs, even if many of those different beliefs contradict each other? I'm genuinely curious to hear your view on this. Thanks.
anyone who knows the answer to that question has died and come back from the dead. That is the basic question in all discussions of religions. and no one has the answer.

anyone who knows the answer to that question has died and come back from the dead. That is the basic question in all discussions of religions. and no one has the answer.

I just wanted to know what she believes. Just in case you misunderstood me, I wasn't asking the question as someone who doesn't have a position on it, or from a place of total ignorance. I believe what Jesus said, not only in John 14:6 but in numerous other scriptures as well. I just wanted her to clarify her position, due to a few things she said on this thread that indicate a contrary view.

I was a defense contractor dealing with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Kuwait. One of my friends in Saudi had a Phillipino houseboy who was caught holding Bible studies and he was beheaded by your peaceful friendly, accept all religions, muslims. I too know many muslims who I respect and call friends but the religion is full of hate and murder. Not all muslims follow that part of it, but very few will openly condemn it because they want to keep their heads.
As I mentioned on another thread, I also lived in Saudi many years ago. (In Riyadh) So I agree with you that surada is not telling the truth. At the time I wasn't a believer, but my mom was Catholic and in my experience Catholics or Christians living there could not openly practice their faith.

I don't know if things have changed, but there were so many strict rules that I remember. And even though I didn't see this myself, I know that as you said, a number of former Muslims have paid the highest price for converting to Christianity.

But until different religions find agreement about what they believe about God then schisms and enmity between people will persist. For instance muslims believe that God's last and greatest prophet was muhammad, a megalomaniac, misogynist, and pedophile. You believe that God became a man. And Jewish people believe that God is concerned with diet and fashion. Muslims and Jews will never believe that God became a man, Jews and Christians including yourself will never believe that Mohammed was the fulfillment of your different messianic expectations.
Again, for a day, we need focus on one thing only and that is God, His love for us, our love for Him.

And what about those people who do not have any belief in or love for God whatever the religion? I do understand. How can anyone have real love for a God they have never seen and do not know?
Those who have no faith/belief would probably not want to join with people who do have belief and faith.

See what I mean Meriweather?
My point still stands. All we need for this one day is love of God. We need not bring our concerns about Muhammad and Aisha; Abraham and Hagar; Jesus' birth. We can all adore our Heavenly Father, letting the rest be for a day.

My point still stands. All we need for this one day is love of God. We need not bring our concerns about Muhammad and Aisha; Abraham and Hagar; Jesus' birth. We can all adore our Heavenly Father, letting the rest be for a day.
I think we have bigger problems right now. Half the country in convinced the other half are voting to end democracy. We need a unifying president. The other stuff is not as important, IMHO.

I believe the Holy Spirit meets us where we are and, using what we give Him, draws us all closer to God. Jesus told the Apostles to spread the Good News (sins are forgiven/repentance for the forgiveness of sins) throughout the land. He also taught that he is the way, the truth, and the life. What I know is that following the way of Jesus, following Jesus, brings us into the Kingdom of God which is at hand, within our reach.

Christ guaranteed all of this. He did not say following Buddha, Brahma, or Muhammad (as good as all these might be) will bring this same result--i.e., being able to enter the Kingdom of God in the here and now of this life. However, Jesus did say he had other sheep not of the fold he was teaching while on earth.

God made an everlasting covenant with the Jews--He would be their God and they were His people. God keeps His covenants.

Honestly, I don't worry about heaven in the afterlife. I am focused on the Kingdom of God that can be entered into in this life and then extends on into eternity (the eternity is known as 'heaven' but more accurately is the Kingdom of God.)

It is the Catholic faith that dropped me directly into the lap of God (so-to-speak). God loves all more than we can comprehend. I believe it may hurt Him to hear the threats of hell being thrust at people who do not embrace Christianity. He never told us to hurl bad news at anyone.

Human nature (in our natural state) is prone to selfishness, prone to sin, prone to wrong ideas, and prone to doing things our own way instead of God's way.
It is also human nature to respond to God's love of us and for us to love others. We may be prone to sin, but we are also prone to extending hand to those in need.

I think we have bigger problems right now. Half the country in convinced the other half are voting to end democracy. We need a unifying president. The other stuff is not as important, IMHO.
What we have is a government machine that is scared to death we might actually still have a democracy, and not the subservient populace they imagine us to be. That machine has already shown us, the populace, we can be herded into electing a man with dementia as President, and we should favor an individual who just had a stroke for one of our Senators.

We, the sleeping dog (or sleeping giant if you prefer), may awaken yet. What we need is unite around our Constitution and our Nation--not around some government official. We need to lead the government before it leads us off that proverbial cliff. That is why all votes--no matter for whom or for which issue--preserves democracy.

who here voted for the man with dementia? For the record---Ronald Reagan's
dementia was not diagnosed until years after he left office------my brother who
is a psychiatrist made the diagnosis while he was campaigning ---it is a matter
of speech patterns. Early detection of dementia is not all that easy for the
average american. What does A STROKE have to do with anything. A "stroke"
just refers to a sudden vascular event in the brain-----which does not always
have an effect on cognition. Bell's palsy is a "stroke" of the facial nerve. As to
Biden----I am a registered democrat-----but did not vote for Biden----"we"
have a RIGHT to vote for dements. There is a deep dark conspiracy to GET
CITIZENS TO VOTE FOR DEMENTS?

I hold great hope. There is that spark of goodness in almost every human. In many it catches fire.

I wouldn't hope.

Humans might have goodness in them, most of them, but really we're moving into a world of instant gratification. Kids are going to grow up with TikTok and other kinds of "make me laugh now or I swipe you away" attitude.
Modern technology is going to destroy us, rather than make us better.

I hold great hope. There is that spark of goodness in almost every human. In many it catches fire.
we can be herded into electing a man with dementia as President

so much for the benevolent christian ... and

1667531120175.png

who's herding who ...

Forum List

Back