Could all Religions Come Together?

I wore cross constantly in Arabia and brought some Bibles in with Mother of Pearl covers that I bought on one of my trips to Amman, East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

Good for you, that's for Rosie

To all you naysayers: Can you not see/envision the great love God has for each of us? Can you not see that spark of love, that spark of divinity in all your fellow humans?

How can we not want to sing His praises and glorify Him in one voice, to let Him see that despite all of our many differences we love Him and that our love of Him is only a shadow of His love for ALL of us? Isn't that something to celebrate together, even if we can only manage it on the extremely rare occasion?

For me, it is almost unbelievable that someone who loves God would refuse to stand next to a person of a different faith on such an occasion. That Godly spark of love in each one of us certainly glows strong enough to enable us to stand next to someone of a different faith, and to see the spark of divinity in that person.

To all you naysayers: Can you not see/envision the great love God has for each of us? Can you not see that spark of love, that spark of divinity in all your fellow humans?

How can we not want to sing His praises and glorify Him in one voice, to let Him see that despite all of our many differences we love Him and that our love of Him is only a shadow of His love for ALL of us? Isn't that something to celebrate together, even if we can only manage it on the extremely rare occasion?

For me, it is almost unbelievable that someone who loves God would refuse to stand next to a person of a different faith on such an occasion. That Godly spark of love in each one of us certainly glows strong enough to enable us to stand next to someone of a different faith, and to see the spark of divinity in that person.

an egregious conclusion for the commissions obviously ignored for the unfortunate victims of other god loving individuals that cause irreparable harm to the recipients who would be less than enamored for the event you propose.

howabout bringing the cruisers to judgement as an equally worthy cause, less idealistic - whoever they might be as a more constructive endeavor with real meaning.

Good for you, that's for Rosie
LOL I have treated survivors of military stints in SAUDI ARABIA. Here is a
reality-----you want the TRUTH of anything? ask the person who can legally
insert a finger in the anus of the informant----gently and politely

Whom Will You Serve?

The great issue of life is, Will you serve the one true God, or will you serve other gods? Elijah on Mount Carmel put it like this in the great contest between Yahweh on the one side and Baal the god on the other side. He says, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him” (1 Kings 18:21).

You can’t say all those sincere Baal worshipers are worshiping the true God. The Bible makes zero sense if that’s the case. These gods are great enemies, so the first commandment is, “You shall have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3). Here’s the most crucial issue in our day, ever since Jesus came into the world as the final, decisive revelation of the true God: he himself, as he revealed himself in history, is the test of whether any claim to be worshiping the true God is a real claim.

For example, 1 John 4:1 states, “Beloved, do not believe every spirit” — If a spirit says, “This is the true religion, or this is the true God over here,” don’t believe them — “But test the spirits to see whether they are from God.” How are we going to do that? John continues, “for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God” (1 John 4:2).

I wore cross constantly in Arabia and brought some Bibles in with Mother of Pearl covers that I bought on one of my trips to Amman, East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

If you did that in Saudi, you had to have it hidden. Openly displaying a cross or Bible in Saudi will get you deported at best and beheaded at worst.

If you did that in Saudi, you had to have it hidden. Openly displaying a cross or Bible in Saudi will get you deported at best and beheaded at worst.

Nope. I wore a cross on the outside and carried a Bible to Sunday school and church every Friday morning. I never wore an abaya. KSA took a step backwards in 1979.. but that's way in the past. The Iranian revolution scared everyone.

No, for a very important reason. Allah has no Son. God's took the sins of the world away and defeated death.

Muslims believe everyone is accountable before God with no intermediary. Jews don't believe in Jesus or an intermediary either.

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?
Unfortunately, no.

The flaws of man prevents all men from coming together on anything.

Think about it - we can’t even come together on something as basic as “murdering babies is not acceptable” or “raping women is not acceptable” (the left spends more time raping women than they do sleeping or crying).

Nope. I wore a cross on the outside and carried a Bible to Sunday school and church every Friday morning. I never wore an abaya. KSA took a step backwards in 1979.. but that's way in the past. The Iranian revolution scared everyone.
Sorry, but I do not believe you. I have too much personal experience with Muslims to believe what you claim you did. The kingdom of the family of Saud does not permit the practice or expression of any religion but Islam within its borders, or even on airplanes in its airspace. You tell a good story, but its simply not true.

Sorry, but I do not believe you. I have too much personal experience with Muslims to believe what you claim you did. The kingdom of the family of Saud does not permit the practice or expression of any religion but Islam within its borders, or even on airplanes in its airspace. You tell a good story, but its simply not true.

Don't be ridiculous. I've known King Salman all my life. Every January the king used to encourage Christians to observe their faith. Do you remember father Roman or pastor Tichner?

Don't be ridiculous. I've known King Salman all my life. Every January the king used to encourage Christians to observe their faith. Do you remember father Roman or pastor Tichner?
enjoy your fantasies, I know Muslims and what they believe and what they do to followers of other religions. I have seen it. I sincerely doubt that you have a personal relationship with the ruling family of Saudi Arabia. But I did meet Isa Bin Salman Khalifa while in Bahrain and was personal friends with his nephew, Khalifa al Khalifa who was XO on the BNS Sabha.

I was a defense contractor dealing with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Kuwait. One of my friends in Saudi had a Phillipino houseboy who was caught holding Bible studies and he was beheaded by your peaceful friendly, accept all religions, muslims.

you are a bit unbelievable yourself - could be are you trying to makeup for - doing business w/ them. how's your new yacht.

- or to imply all three desert religions are not the same people.

you are a bit unbelievable yourself - could be are you trying to makeup for - doing business w/ them. how's your new yacht.

- or to imply all three desert religions are not the same people.
I did make some good money, but not that much and I earned every bit of it, unlike the Biden family whose major income is bribes.

'same" people???? all people from the mid east are not the same, all people from europe are not the same. Some share religious beliefs and the 3 major religions all have sacred places in the mid east, but that is the extent of the sameness.

enjoy your fantasies, I know Muslims and what they believe and what they do to followers of other religions. I have seen it. I sincerely doubt that you have a personal relationship with the ruling family of Saudi Arabia. But I did meet Isa Bin Salman Khalifa while in Bahrain and was personal friends with his nephew, Khalifa al Khalifa who was XO on the BNS Sabha.

How long were you there? I co wrote a book that King Fahd liked and published in English and Arabic. It was all quite accidental. Abdullah was CP so they distributed it to all Saudi students. It wasn't just me. They remembered my parents.

How long were you there? I co wrote a book that King Fahd liked and published in English and Arabic. It was all quite accidental. Abdullah was CP so they distributed it to all Saudi students. It wasn't just me. They remembered my parents.
off and on for about 5 years. cool about your book. what was it about?

I am not giving any more personal information. sorry.

Forum List

Back