Could all Religions Come Together?

Please don't be silly. There is a huge difference between all people of faith coming together for a day a worship in solidarity than having just one religion. That would be like having one fashion, etc.
The only thing I need to be "together" on is that people need to respect my worshiping interests and schedules and I need to respect theirs. That is true togetherness. It is that mutual respect that unites people more than any ideology or religion ever can.

The only thing I need to be "together" on is that people need to respect my worshiping interests and schedules and I need to respect theirs. That is true togetherness. It is that mutual respect that unites people more than any ideology or religion ever can.
I get it. Only be with people who are in agreement with you.

Communal worshipping seems like you would experience other methods of worship. I guess not, lol.
Or it could mean I have a different perception of what it means to worship God. To me worshiping God is sublime. I shouldn’t be able to overtly tell if someone else is worshiping God because to me worshiping God is treating everything I do as a sacred act. Of course even that description can be misleading to others as they have a different perception of what sacred means to them.

I just wanted to know what she believes. Just in case you misunderstood me, I wasn't asking the question as someone who doesn't have a position on it, or from a place of total ignorance. I believe what Jesus said, not only in John 14:6 but in numerous other scriptures as well. I just wanted her to clarify her position, due to a few things she said on this thread that indicate a contrary view.
ok

I get it. Only be with people who are in agreement with you.
weather----wax not, CYNICAL. In your proposed community PRAY IN---would
you be ok with avoiding "CROSSES" altogether? how about avoiding any mention of "da fadda, da son, and da HOLEY GHOST?"----uhm---none of that
waving hands around for da SINE OF DA CROSS. and you would be obligated
to LEAVE YOUR DOG ---somewhere else (cats are ok---muhummad liked
cats) Uhm---more etiquette >>>> watch where you walk----you could
incite a pogrom by walking IN FRONT OF A MUSLIM PRAYING.............uhm---
"JESUS" in the form of the MAHDI or 12th IMAM is coming back--but
his first act will be smashing all the crosses in the world (no more tic tac toe??),
be extra careful of your choice of Jewelry. The good news is that hindus and
buddhists won't care what you do and any jew with background in a shariah
shit-holes WON'T BE THERE

weather----wax not, CYNICAL. In your proposed community PRAY IN---would
you be ok with avoiding "CROSSES" altogether? how about avoiding any mention of "da fadda, da son, and da HOLEY GHOST?"----uhm---none of that
waving hands around for da SINE OF DA CROSS. and you would be obligated
to LEAVE YOUR DOG ---somewhere else (cats are ok---muhummad liked
cats) Uhm---more etiquette >>>> watch where you walk----you could
incite a pogrom by walking IN FRONT OF A MUSLIM PRAYING.............uhm---
"JESUS" in the form of the MAHDI or 12th IMAM is coming back--but
his first act will be smashing all the crosses in the world (no more tic tac toe??),
be extra careful of your choice of Jewelry. The good news is that hindus and
buddhists won't care what you do and any jew with background in a shariah
shit-holes WON'T BE THERE
Seems like you are the one who has the problem. Why can’t you just celebrate God instead of religion? God isn’t a collection of books. God is a relationship to be entered into. Personal relationships are different for different persons. How other people choose to perceive, celebrate and experience God shouldn’t bother you. It’s all about giving thanks and being appreciative of the gift we have received and accepting the inevitable pruning we are all subject to.

Seems like you are the one who has the problem. Why can’t you just celebrate God instead of religion? God isn’t a collection of books. God is a relationship to be entered into. Personal relationships are different for different persons. How other people choose to perceive, celebrate and experience God shouldn’t bother you. It’s all about giving thanks and being appreciative of the gift we have received and accepting the inevitable pruning we are all subject to.
try rereading my post----dingy. At no point did I indicate that something
"bothers" me. I have been present at the "prayer fests" of many DIFFERENT
people and did learn that which BOTHERS ---THEM

true,

1667585873332.png

they are ... your brethren no doubt would insist on a cross above the alter -

to not refer to the desert books might first be made permanent - for any gathering of a religious nature to be truly meaningful.

true religions are only spoken anyway when referenced from a book the silence is telling.

try rereading my post----dingy. At no point did I indicate that something
"bothers" me. I have been present at the "prayer fests" of many DIFFERENT
people and did learn that which BOTHERS ---THEM
Was it not your contention that dogma overrides relationship?

true,

View attachment 720825

they are ... your brethren no doubt would insist on a cross above the alter -

to not refer to the desert books might first be made permanent - for any gathering of a religious nature to be truly meaningful.

true religions are only spoken anyway when referenced from a book the silence is telling.
You are a one trick pony.

-would
you be ok with avoiding "CROSSES"
On a day where faiths are gathered to worship God? I would expect such a gathering to be in the great outdoors, and any and all symbols would be welcome in personal wear. I would not expect anyone to erect any symbol.

On a day where faiths are gathered to worship God? I would expect such a gathering to be in the great outdoors, and any and all symbols would be welcome in personal wear. I would not expect anyone to erect any symbol.
wrong----on AIR ARABIA----people are advised to leave the cute little
cross necklaces OUT OF SIGHT (star of david? SUICIDE)-----and those
crosses with the little man hooked
on FUHGET ABOUT IT. Even in the great outdoors----under heaven---
so to speak-----if a DOG WALKS PAST A MUZZIE IN PRAYER---all hell can
break loose. Do you want to violate HOLY SHARIAH? sheeeesh----
feel free to ask questions-----my very own DHIMMI is right here

wrong----on AIR ARABIA----people are advised to leave the cute little
cross necklaces OUT OF SIGHT (star of david? SUICIDE)-----and those
crosses with the little man hooked
on FUHGET ABOUT IT. Even in the great outdoors----under heaven---
so to speak-----if a DOG WALKS PAST A MUZZIE IN PRAYER---all hell can
break loose. Do you want to violate HOLY SHARIAH? sheeeesh----
feel free to ask questions-----my very own DHIMMI is right here

So you're saying that if you walk past a Muzzie in prayer all Hell would break loose?

I was a defense contractor dealing with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Kuwait. One of my friends in Saudi had a Phillipino houseboy who was caught holding Bible studies and he was beheaded by your peaceful friendly, accept all religions, muslims. I too know many muslims who I respect and call friends but the religion is full of hate and murder. Not all muslims follow that part of it, but very few will openly condemn it because they want to keep their heads.

That's horrible. Saudis used to manage the livestock for our lifesize manger and Christmas pageant. They also managed the camel that Santa Claus rode into town. Did you know the Guyons in Bahrain?

So you're saying that if you walk past a Muzzie in prayer all Hell would break loose?

I wore cross constantly in Arabia and brought some Bibles in with Mother of Pearl covers that I bought on one of my trips to Amman, East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

Forum List

Back