Could Elizabeth Warren beat Hillary Clinton?

Let's see..

A fake Indian Versus a fake Southerner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDQ1vIuvZI
You guys elected a fake Texan, twice. So embarrassing that W was the only one in his family that had a Texas accent. W even bought a ranch, which he sold as soon as the show was over.

When did this happen?

I heard he just moved to Dallas. He still has his ranch in Crawford. http://www.people.com/article/george-bush-laura-bush-crawford-ranch-architectural-digest

Last edited:
Wo oh oh ah...wo oh oh ah

images

Interesting question.

Could Elizabeth Warren beat Hillary Clinton? - The Washington Post

By Ezra Klein November 11, 2013
The question in the background of Noam Scheiber's exploration of whether Elizabeth Warren could challenge Hillary Clinton in 2016 is whether, come 2015, Democrats will care very much about cracking down harder on Wall Street.
<more>

I think Hillary has several problems with the base.

She's much too chummy with Wall Street.

She's not likable as a candidate.

she's really too friendly to the Neo-Con mentality of invading countries on behalf of the Zionists.

None of these will win her any points with the base.

Her advantage is that Warren or anyone else doesn't have the stature to challenge her.

But this is the Democratic Party, which has a long history of pulling the guy (or gal) from the back of the room and nominating them. As opposed to the GOP, which has a long history of recycling candidates the party didn't really want the last time around.

I do think regardless of who gets the nomination, the GOP still has the same problem that doomed McCain and the Mormon.

Minorities, working folks, women and young people aren't going to vote for these assholes.

The country has swung so far to the right since reagan, even moderates like Obama seem far left to some. (thought I posted this a few minutes before, must not have)

Well, yes and no.

The country has clearly swung significantly to the left on social issues. I'd agree that it's swung far to the right on fiscal issues.

It's the absolutism on both ends that is killing us.

Um, no. Not really.

On the social issues, the GOP used irrational appeals to emotion to get stupid people to vote against their own economic issues.

Who knows, your dear leader has been courting her via Valerie Jaret for months now, promising her his full support and the assets of OFA. I'm not sure the commiecrats are ready for a person with even weaker credentials than maobama.

Warren is even more leftist than Obama. God help us if she wins the presidency.

Warren is a true populist at long last, no other possible candidate will ever take on the giant corporate elephant in the room that has stolen our government from us.

I think Warren would be formidable. Listen to her talk, she's excellent, better than anyone, at reducing everything to incredibly simple/simplistic concepts.

Look at what she accomplished with the mind-numbingly simplistic "roads and bridges" straw man, she succeeded in placing it in our everyday vernacular, somehow positioning anyone to her right as being against roads and fucking bridges. Amazing.

She has a real gift for the simple, and given the state of our culture, that's an advantage.

I think Warren would be formidable. Listen to her talk, she's excellent, better than anyone, at reducing everything to incredibly simple/simplistic concepts.

Look at what she accomplished with the mind-numbingly simplistic "roads and bridges" straw man, she succeeded in placing it in our everyday vernacular, somehow positioning anyone to her right as being against roads and fucking bridges. Amazing.

She has a real gift for the simple, and given the state of our culture, that's an advantage.

Some things are simple, the mega corporations have stolen what little democracy we ever had and I for one want it back. The American people no longer have any influence on policy and the acceptance of that is the real sad state of our country.

Or maybe we are just tired of looking at this sort of thing when Republicans are in charge.

bridge-collapse21.jpeg

But the important thing is that rich people got tax cuts!

I'm looking for Obama to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg with Elizabeth Warren on the Supreme Court

Frees up a path for Hillary and allows Warren to torture Conservatives for the rest of her life

She's poorly qualified.

She has no foreign policy experience, and now is not the time to be turning the military over to a Marxist.

She's poorly qualified.

She has no foreign policy experience, and now is not the time to be turning the military over to a Marxist.

Yup. We need to turn it over to a Plutocrat who will get us into wars that are none of our business for fun and profit.

If you were really concerned about America's security, you'd want to restore the middle class, and Warren is the only person really talking about that.

Yes. She could easily.

Think about it. Two completely unqualified women run for the office, who are Democrats going to elect? The one who is claiming to be a minority.

They are all appearances and no substance

Yes. She could easily.

Think about it. Two completely unqualified women run for the office, who are Democrats going to elect? The one who is claiming to be a minority.

What would ever make you think Hillary is unqualified?

She's poorly qualified.

Not to be too cynical here, but looking at some of the people both parties are so fond of, I really don't think "being qualified for the office" is actually that high a priority at this point.

The country has swung so far to the right since reagan, even moderates like Obama seem far left to some. (thought I posted this a few minutes before, must not have)

Well, yes and no.

The country has clearly swung significantly to the left on social issues. I'd agree that it's swung far to the right on fiscal issues.

It's the absolutism on both ends that is killing us.

But the country hasn't swung left on social issues. The last two democrat presidents have actually done cuts to safety nets, something a republican couldn't accomplish. Clinton ended welfare as we know it, Obama proposed cuts to social security. The democrats wanted single payer or at least a public option, Obama gave us ACA, basically a republican program.

It's falling on deaf ears really.

The right is so far right that any social safety net is "communism".

And really? They seem to forget that introducing a safety net saved this country from both communism and fascism.

Yes. She could easily.

What would ever make you think Hillary is unqualified?

Her record

Eight years as a Senator
Four Years as Secretary of State

Which current Republican candidate has more experience than Hillary?

She's poorly qualified.

Poorly qualified in what sense?

She has a great deal of acumen in politics. That's something politicians should have.

Like say doctors. They should know about medicine. Or plumbers, they should know about plumbing.

You guys seem to think, politicians should be drawn from people who sell insecticide. Or, people who are doctors. Or, people who ran failed oil companies.

Generally, people with no experience in politics and have a hate of the government? Do poorly when they actually have to govern.

I personally like professionals in the profession that they are working in..

Call it crazy.

Forum List

Back