Could Kennedy retire in a year.....???

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Round Two for the Supreme Court?

Oh helk yes.....

And Ginsburg kicks the bucket in a year....????

6-3.....

Wow.

From the article:

Former Supreme Court clerks almost never speak for attribution when it comes to discussion of their former bosses, especially regarding their retirement plans. Nonetheless, a few have provided background information since Gorsuch’s name floated to the top of the Trump appointment list. “Those who know Kennedy wouldn’t at all be surprised if he retired this June. He is at the apex of a 29-year-career on the Court and has made his mark,” one former clerk told me. “In addition, it’s no secret that at age 80 he is slowing down a bit and I’d say it’s more likely than not he will leave at the end of this year’s term in June.” Other clerks agree. “I would put it at 50–50 that he leaves at the end of the term,” a former Kennedy clerk told the Washington Post. Senator Orrin Hatch, a former chairman of the Judiciary Committee, agrees that the Gorsuch appointment might convince Kennedy that his successor on the Court will be someone he respects. “He might feel like it’s time to retire, too, because he’s talked about that a few times,” Hatch told the New York Times.

Read more at: Round Two for the Supreme Court?

I'd love to see Trump get to appoint 3 Justices. That would be great. It really would thwart the NWO Globalists for many years to come.

I suspect all the 4 activist justices (Ginsberg, Breyer, and of course Soto, and Kagan the two young hens) will hold out as long as they can hoping for a DEM takeover of the Senate in 2018 or a Trump defeat in 2020).

Obviously, Trump & McConnell & Ryan will need to play their cards right so as to avoid defeats like that.

But don't forget that Roberts is really a swing voter just like Kennedy, and the new Gorsuch having clerked under Kennedy is probably therefore a swing voter too.

So at best you are going to have 2 swing voters, 2 to 3 (after Ginsberg croaks) activists, and at most 4 strict constructionists. And that is IF none of the strict constructionists (Thomas, Alito) retires early. Thomas is talking about retiring.

4 to 3 with 2 swing voters makes anything possible anytime.

• Banned
I suspect all the 4 activist justices (Ginsberg, Breyer, and of course Soto, and Kagan the two young hens) will hold out as long as they can hoping for a DEM takeover of the Senate in 2018 or a Trump defeat in 2020).

Obviously, Trump & McConnell & Ryan will need to play their cards right so as to avoid defeats like that.

But don't forget that Roberts is really a swing voter just like Kennedy, and the new Gorsuch having clerked under Kennedy is probably therefore a swing voter too.

So at best you are going to have 2 swing voters, 2 to 3 (after Ginsberg croaks) activists, and at most 4 strict constructionists. And that is IF none of the strict constructionists (Thomas, Alito) retires early. Thomas is talking about retiring.

4 to 3 with 2 swing voters makes anything possible anytime.

Plausible.....but some of us hold out hope.....

Roberts has one huge blemish on his voting record. I am not so sure I put him the same mold as Kennedy.

Gorsuch....nope.

Looking at the SCOTUS and Ginsburg is it very reminiscent of "Weekend at Berinies." Has anyone used a mirror on her lately?

Imagine the level of outrage from the Left, if he gets to replace a leftist justice.

It will be a repeat of Clarence Thomas's nomination, but worse.

Imagine the level of outrage from the Left, if he gets to replace a leftist justice.

Imagine if he nominates a black woman. Whow, just wow it will be great to expose what the left wing really thinks of women and blacks.

From your mouth to God's in-box.

I hope you saw this line from Chuz Life the other day....some dolt said the 83 year old Justice Ginsburg does 20 push-ups a day....and our guy said this:

"Those aren't pushups you cruel sonovabitch!

Can't you see?

She's fallen and she can't get UP!"
How Long Can Ginsburg Fake Being Alive

Funniest line of the week!
I still laugh every time I think of it!

How "true"....because, after all, God is a white supremacists who made a mistake in creating gays, hates women's rights,and thinks that corporations are much more important than workers.....

That God is such a conservative republican.....................LOL

How "true"....because, after all, God is a white supremacists who made a mistake in creating gays, hates women's rights,and thinks that corporations are much more important than workers.....

That God is such a conservative republican.....................LOL

"....God is a white supremacists who made a mistake in creating gays, hates women's rights,and thinks that corporations are much more important than workers..... "

Point of order!

If God were a 'white supremacist who hates women'...
...why would He have created a unique, brilliant, fabulous creature such as moi....who is neither white nor male???

And, continuing in that vain...if God were to attempt to cure your stupidity, we'd have an eight day week.

Let me tell ya Gip, the big G was put up for Justice because he will be the easiest to get through. Nice, down to earth person, and the Dems will have a hard time after being unanimous to explain an outcry, so good for Trump choosing the easiest.

That being said, the next one.......since it is going to be a real fight.........with that much difficulty, he might as well put up a bomb thrower, and that would be Pryor! Put Pryor on the Supreme court, and he alone would keep the left crying all night, every night, lol!

If God were a 'white supremacist who hates women'...
...why would He have created a unique, brilliant, fabulous creature such as moi....who is neither white nor male???

.....well, because God also created delusional morons......

Let me tell ya Gip, the big G was put up for Justice because he will be the easiest to get through. Nice, down to earth person, and the Dems will have a hard time after being unanimous to explain an outcry, so good for Trump choosing the easiest.

That being said, the next one.......since it is going to be a real fight.........with that much difficulty, he might as well put up a bomb thrower, and that would be Pryor! Put Pryor on the Supreme court, and he alone would keep the left crying all night, every night, lol!

Well, that would be great !!!!

Looking at the SCOTUS and Ginsburg is it very reminiscent of "Weekend at Berinies." Has anyone used a mirror on her lately?

I think every photo I've seen of her lately, she's been asleep. Now I wonder. Maybe they just had her stuffed and prop her up.

I think every photo I've seen of her lately, she's been asleep. Now I wonder. Maybe they just had her stuffed and prop her up.

What a juicy prospect.

Screw Schumer.....

Conservatives all the way.

Nuke the fillibuster if needs be.

Forum List

Back