🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could Trump ever be convicted in a Court of Law?

of course not.....but the fact it's a felony doesn't change the elements that have to be met to make it a crime. There is no intent (Clinton standard) therefore no charges, no reasonable prosecutor would bring

Elements to make mishandling classified documents a crime

1. Storing classified material improperly
2. knowing you have classified documents (shows intent)

I agree with that but how do you recruit legitimate public defenders? The prosecution has unlimited funding, for you to defend yourself is limited, that to me is an issue. So how do we make it more even?
Prosecution doesn't have "unlimited" funding.

Hire more public defenders and pay them more. Easy peasy.

Do you think Trump committed any crimes?

I think our legal system has grown so complex that EVERYONE, if looked at with an harsh enough lens, can be found to have committed "crimes".

Which leads to a situation where an abusive, corrupt, oppressive government can selectively choose how aggressively to pursue charges, against individuals based on political reasons, leading to a thinly veiled oppression.

But let’s look at the possibility of finding 12 jurors without one of them believing that the FBI didn’t really plant those documents or that Trump had “thought” them unclassified

I think our legal system has grown so complex that EVERYONE, if looked at with an harsh enough lens, can be found to have committed "crimes".

Which leads to a situation where an abusive, corrupt, oppressive government can selectively choose how aggressively to pursue charges, against individuals based on political reasons, leading to a thinly veiled oppression.
It's a dodge. I don't totally disagree with your statement, but it's still dodging.

There's a lot of laws that make things technically illegal that people really aren't going to be aware of. Taking home highly classified documents isn't really one of those. Besides, the White House counsel was telling them it was illegal.

Republicans in Congress have already shown a willingness to ignore Trumps transgressions no matter how egregious

Is it possible to form a Jury without at least one member who is willing to accept whatever lie Trump is telling?
Only in DC, dumbass. They will swallow anything the corrupt Dims feed them.

sorry no that’s not enough…the clinton standard isn’t met

It's a dodge. I don't totally disagree with your statement, but it's still dodging.

There's a lot of laws that make things technically illegal that people really aren't going to be aware of. Taking home highly classified documents isn't really one of those. Besides, the White House counsel was telling them it was illegal.

Ever get reviewed by the IRS?

The laws are not always clear. It is not like the expert(s) take a look and then point out the "crimes". They throw shit at you and you have to fight it out.

I imagine that someone with a situation vastly more complex than my own, like Trump, is probably presented with complex legal decisions, by teh truckload.

The difference I see is not so much on HIS end, with his doing something, but on teh end of those deciding how to react, whether this give them a tool they can use to imprison their political enemy or not.

It is selective, it is political and thus it is unjust, REGARDLESS of the actual facts of the case.

Becuase the motive, and desired end result, is political oppression.

sorry no that’s not enough…the clinton standard isn’t met

Hate to tell ya…

But the Clinton standard no longer exists
Trump changed the law…..remember

the only change was the punishment not the elements of the charge.

try again dembot
Not even close

Trump was so pissed that Hillary was not charged that he removed all the exemptions

Now, he can face his own law

Wrong again, douchebag. People with security clearances are given extensive training on what's allowed and what isn't.

Forum List

Back