Coulter On Feminism: 'All Pretty Girls Are Right-Wingers'...

Believe me - I'm not against anyone using a poetic license or exaggeration to make a point. I just think the nature - of the realm of life - in which she does so is, what I'd call, "evil."

I wouldn't mind so much if there weren't people out there on both sides who actually agree with the satirist, hyperbolic & sensationalist pundits VERBATIM. That's both sad and scary.

Hm. I wonder if folks who are so dull-witted that they are at risk of taking her literally are also the kinds of people who read political commentary at all?

Look at political message boards for all the answers, on that question, that you need :razz:

I don't think the comparison is all that apt.

I see a few folks with wit posting on places like USMB, but nothing like the consistent output of pieces we see from folks like Coulter.

And if somebody is moved to action by the words of Coulter, then they must not be smart enough to appreciate that she's engaged in political commentary in the first place.

That's ok. You disagree with my view of what she's doing and I disagree with your view.

She is often very caustic and occasionally -- yeah -- maybe even over the top. But she's still engaged in what she apparently sees as the exposure of hypocrisy from the left and she's mocking the lack of logic under-girding the premises of modern American liberal political thinking.
Buckley did it better, as does George Will. Both men wrote coherent sentences, and could, and can, use FOOTNOTES.

The GOP’s front-runners: Bad and worse - The Washington Post

Oh nozies! Coulter will be crushed to find that Peachy ain't a fan of hers.

Suggestion: Don't read anything by Coulter. Problem solved.
I don't refuse to read that with which I disagree. I enjoy intelligent conservative commentary; Krauthammer is good, but Coulter? Even Bill O'Reilly was surprised by her STRANGE ideas.

Say what you want about Coulter, but she is very honest.

Conservative columnist and Conservative Political Action Conference fan favorite Ann Coulter took to the stage at CPAC Friday afternoon to offer some comments about her frustrations with President Obama, her support for presidential candidate Mitt Romney, and the general unattractiveness of liberal women.

In response to an audience question regarding how a person could be both a women and a conservative, Coulter explained that is what true women actually are.

“I think all real females are right-wingers,” Coulter said, ” and I can tell you that based on experience — and my bodyguard will back me up on this — all pretty girls are right-wingers.”

The best-selling author added that she can always tell who her female fans are because they are the attractive ones. But unfortunately, she said, it is difficult to discern some men’s ideology because they have a diverse range of looks.

“Some of my male fans have hair to their derriere and tattoos up and down their arms; some of my antagonists seem like perfectly attractive, preppy young men,” she said. “Girls — a pretty girl walking toward your table, you know she is a fan.”

According to Coulter, the feminist movement has set conservative women back.

“I don’t write about feminism. It seems to manifestly obvious it doesn’t need my stunning skills or analysis,” she said sarcastically. “But, I mean, the reason unattractive — I suppose — the reason liberal women are liberal is because they have to date liberal men and as we’ve seen from Bill Clinton and Dominique Strauss-Kahn and Anthony Weiner, we’ve seen how liberal men treat women. I’d be angry too.”

Read more: Ann Coulter | Feminism | Pretty Conservative Girls | The Daily Caller

Well he's entitled to his opinion.

I'm sure his celebrity status has been good for him getting with the ladies.

Ann's the man. :thup:

I would like to get in a chaRACTEr shot at Coulter before leaving this thread: she is a Scumbag who's entire wealth is based on dividing people. If hell is real, I hope she has some marshmallows in her casket.

Come now. The President's domestic policies are premised on dividing people.

And Coulter's wealth is based on exposing the bullshit she sees from the left.
Dating a Penthouse heir didn't hurt her pocketbook, and, she was BORN fairly well off.

Hm. I wonder if folks who are so dull-witted that they are at risk of taking her literally are also the kinds of people who read political commentary at all?

Look at political message boards for all the answers, on that question, that you need :razz:

I see a few folks with wit posting on places like USMB, but nothing like the consistent output of pieces we see from folks like Coulter.

And if somebody is moved to action by the words of Coulter, then they must not be smart enough to appreciate that she's engaged in political commentary in the first place.

Well my entire point lies in the fact that if we WERE to take her for her word, we SHOULD be out there getting violent.

Same with Glenn Beck, etc.

They try to talk out both sides of thjeir mouths, also.

Beck - for instance, is in some dark place where he thinks out Government is taken over by evil Nazis or whatever the fuck his theory is this week, but "vote them out, dont get violent." Meanwhile - it is a tyrannical government takeover which is the *precise* time we're supposed to get violent.

I just find the lack of the Courage of any of their convictions to be distasteful, and the very premise of their job to be evil.

I would like to get in a chaRACTEr shot at Coulter before leaving this thread: she is a Scumbag who's entire wealth is based on dividing people. If hell is real, I hope she has some marshmallows in her casket.

Dating a Penthouse heir didn't hurt her pocketbook, and, she was BORN fairly well off.

And this matters because?

Buckley did it better, as does George Will. Both men wrote coherent sentences, and could, and can, use FOOTNOTES.

I don't refuse to read that with which I disagree. I enjoy intelligent conservative commentary; Krauthammer is good, but Coulter? Even Bill O'Reilly was surprised by her STRANGE ideas.
:thup:

Buckley, Will, and Krauthammer. You have excellent taste, of course, because it agrees with mine. ;)

Well my entire point lies in the fact that if we WERE to take her for her word, we SHOULD be out there getting violent.

Beck - for instance, is in some dark place where he thinks out Government is taken over by evil Nazis or whatever the fuck his theory is this week, but "vote them out, dont get violent." Meanwhile - it is a tyrannical government takeover which is the *precise* time we're supposed to get violent.

I just find the lack of the Courage of any of their convictions to be distasteful, and the very premise of their job to be evil.

IF we took literally SOME of the words of Thomas Jefferson, we might have to witness lots of Americans getting imprisoned, too.

Again: so what?

I am very pleased for you that your ability to read includes some commentators musings with which you disagree.

But, it's not at all clear why your broad reading list is of any importance.

IF we took literally SOME of the words of Thomas Jefferson, we might have to witness lots of Americans getting imprisoned, too.

Well thankfully, he was wrong and so are the freaks saying these things.

.....At least....that's what....

....right?

handjob.gif

There are all manner of freaks of varying political stripes saying seriously stupid things.

I believe part of the process is to listen (sometimes requiring lots of patience) to differing points of view and then part of the process is to do one's own analysis. My conclusions, of course, are informed by (and colored by) my own political philosophy. Pretty safe to assume yours are, too.

When some whack-a-doo on the right says something creepy and violent in tone, you reject it. Me too. I would hope that the converse is true when some left-wing whack-a-doo says something creepy and violent.

Oh, Liability; someone wrote she earned all her money. And I post for the same reason you do, to express an opinion. I am glad the Coulter creature was brought up; it reminds me Will & Krauthammer are still writing. And I read no "left wing" commentary, just some moderates.

I disagree with #2. She employs over-dramatic sensationalism and hyperbole in such a way - that if any of the fans of hers out there took it seriously? They in fact SHOULD be out gunning mother fuckers down - LITERALLY.

That's ok. You disagree with my view of what she's doing and I disagree with your view.

She is often very caustic and occasionally -- yeah -- maybe even over the top.
Yeah....that's what it's called.....

handjob.gif

Oh, Liability; someone wrote she earned all her money. And I post for the same reason you do, to express an opinion. I am glad the Coulter creature was brought up; it reminds me Will & Krauthammer are still writing. And I read no "left wing" commentary, just some moderates.

She earns the money she earns by writing.

And I still am not sure why I would care about your reading preferences.

She is often very caustic and occasionally -- yeah -- maybe even over the top. But she's still engaged in what she apparently sees as the exposure of hypocrisy from the left and she's mocking the lack of logic under-girding the premises of modern American liberal political thinking.

The pomposity of making a career of "exposing hypocrisy" is all I need to know about a person to begin with. It just wreaks of either o.c.d. or insecurity, one of the two. Half of these pundits, right and left, don't even truly believe in most of the shit they say; I can't imagine that they really do. I'm either insane myself or....I dunno. No way they could.

What? You don't think she might have some license to occasionally exaggerate to support her main thesis? I mean, she's not exactly a "reporter." She's a commentator. A political pundit.
.....And, like Bill Maher always said....

There are as many pretty left-wingers as there are right-wingers.

We just don't parade them out as intellectuals. :rolleyes:

That would be because the only attractive women on the left are the actresses living in the make-believe bubble of Hollywood. You CAN'T parade them out as intellectuals.

On the other hand, even your so-called "intellectual women" aren't the brightest lights on the midway.

wow. Hollywood and colleges across the nation are filled with liberal women. do you guys really want to claim who has the prettiest? that's like saying one party is more fiscally responsible than the other.

I'm not sure I consider the ones on college campuses to be "women" in the truest sense of the word. More like girls. And it's no coincidence that the only attractive women on the left have either just barely left puberty behind, or live in Hollywood, which is a hermetically-sealed bubble against any contact with reality. You start looking at adult women who've participated a little in the full-contact sport of life, and you find that the only ones who remain liberal are the ones who are too butt-ugly to gain access to the mainstream in any way but screeching feminism.

By the way, even on college campuses, the tendency seems to be that the more stridently vocal they are about their liberalism, the uglier they are.

There are all manner of freaks of varying political stripes saying seriously stupid things.
....And, then.....there are the full-blown-crazies....like Annie Bones.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDpuo2QuugQ&feature=channel]Ann Coulter is Losing It - YouTube[/ame]

.....who sounds like a methed-UP Snooki Palin.

woman-screaming-2.jpg

Forum List

Back