counterweight to anti-defense spending thread: we should not cut, we should increase defense spending, It’s Costing Peanuts for the US to Beat Russia!

Cost considerations aside, this is really the first time I've heard an American taking the sensible approach to the question.

America is facing a future threat to it's world supremacy from the combined forces of the Brics becoming a military alliance as well as an economic alliance.l
l can foresee the Brics formulating their own version of an article 5, sometime in the future.

US spending of 5.6% of its defense budget to destroy nearly half ofRussia’s conventional military capability seems like an absolutely incredible investment

Proxy wars are generally cheaper and no home country blood is shed, so yes, it's a good "investment".

Better still would be no war at all and a lesson learned for the aggressors. I don't think Russia is going home though, and the benefit of controlling the Black Sea port and more land might offset the costs, especially as they see winter on the horizon.

Reagan funded proxies to blunt Russias expansion. Bush Jr. wasn't as bright as Reagan.

Proxy wars are generally cheaper and no home country blood is shed, so yes, it's a good "investment".

Better still would be no war at all and a lesson learned for the aggressors. I don't think Russia is going home though, and the benefit of controlling the Black Sea port and more land might offset the costs, especially as they see winter on the horizon.

Reagan funded proxies to blunt Russias expansion. Bush Jr. wasn't as bright as Reagan.
America has started about 40 proxy wars since the end of WW2 and many of them were a wise investment. l

This thread is the facts revealed and so stands out as logical thinking.

There's little doubt that the threat to US power is on the horizon!

There doesn't seem to be any possibility of power sharing in peace. That will bring either positive or negative consequences, depending on one's POV.

• Banned
I thought you were just going on about not spending on the .mil till homeless vets were looked after? :dunno:
i'm like Trump, governing through chaos. he would have advisers argue with each other's opposing viewpoints, then formulate his own point of view based on what he heard

US spending of 5.6% of its defense budget to destroy nearly half ofRussia’s conventional military capability seems like an absolutely incredible investment

We’re going bankrupt because of endless wars which do not benefit the US at all.

Proxy wars against communists was one thing. Now we are more communist than the countries we wage war against.

Proxy wars against communists was one thing. Now we are more communist than the countries we wage war against.

Not yet you are not. As a start, confront and deny the economic and social influences from the police state to your North and you will conitnue to excel in the globally, competitive, innovative economy.

You have a choice, demand it from your politicians. I would happily tell them a story or three...

We’re going bankrupt because of endless wars which do not benefit the US at all.
You need to be specific on just 'what' US led wars you think aren't worth the cost.

World domination doesn't come without a price tag.

Surely you don't oppose America's war with Russia, Shirley?

Just change the name of the Dept of Defense back to the War Department and it should be good to go.

You need to be specific on just 'what' US led wars you think aren't worth the cost.

World domination doesn't come without a price tag.

Surely you don't oppose America's war with Russia, Shirley?
The Ukrainian civil war and Proxy War with Russia.

Forum List

Back