Couple who were shot and killed by police were already unconscious when police arrived

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ooops.

Say What Now? Couple Shot and Killed by Inglewood Police Were Unconscious When Officers Arrived

A man and woman who were shot and killed by Inglewood Police last weekend were both reportedly already unconscious when police first showed up to the vehicle the couple was sitting in. Why police shot two people who were unconscious? Who knows. via LAist: This troubling revelation complicates the original account from Inglewood Police originally reported after the shooting occurred. Inglewood police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked close to the intersection of Inglewood Avenue and Manchester Boulevards at around 3 a.m. on the morning of Sunday February 21. Upon arrival, they discovered two people, Kisha Michael, 31, and Marquintan Sandlin, 32, both unconscious in the vehicle. ...

Say What Now? Couple Shot and Killed by Inglewood Police Were Unconscious When Officers Arrived - B. Scott | Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News

What???? That'd bizarre. I'd like to know a lot more on this one....

Says cops got called because 2 people were unconcious in a car. Cops spent 30 minutes or so trying to "rouse them" (wake em up) and that they saw the female was in possession of a gun.

Something happened....and shots got fired.

Oh man...I bet they woke up...thought they were being robbed...and raised the gun.

Horrible. Cops shouldn't even show up for this kind of shit anymore.

What tha fuck??? So the cops showed up....saw two unconscious people....and just shot em?? Thats obviously cold blooded murder and if that's how it went down they have to be charged and I'd like to know the rest of the story.
The 911 call dispatcher told the LEO's there was a suspicious vehicle parked with two occupants in the front seat. The time was about 3:AM. The vehicle was parked in a high crime area known for drug dealing.
The LEO's drove up and ran the tags. The car was stolen. Both occupants were 'unresponsive' NOT unconscious. The occupants it was later discovered had just 'shot-up' heroin.
When one LEO tried to shake the female passenger she lifted her left hand and was in the act of pointing a handgun at the LEO. The LEO already had his gun drawn. He fired directly at the female. The male driver at the same moment also raised his hand. He was also in the act of pointing the gun at the LEO. At that point the LEO standing by the driver's side door fired directly at the driver. Both occupants were killed. Both guns recovered were stolen. Both guns were chambered and the safeties were off.

Last edited:

What tha fuck??? So the cops showed up....saw two unconscious people....and just shot em?? Thats obviously cold blooded murder and if that's how it went down they have to be charged and I'd like to know the rest of the story.
The 911 call dispatcher told the LEO's there was a suspicious vehicle parked with two occupants in the front seat. The time was about 3:AM. The vehicle was parked in a high crime area known for drug dealing.
The LEO's drove up and ran the tags. The car was stolen. Both occupants were 'unresponsive' NOT unconscious. The occupants it was later discovered had just 'shot-up' heroin.
When one LEO tried to shake the female passenger she lifted her left hand and was in the act of pointing a handgun at the LEO. The LEO already had his gun drawn. He fired directly at the female. The male driver at the same moment also raised his hand. He was also in the act of pointing the gun at the LEO. At that point the LEO standing by the driver's side door fired directly at the driver. Both occupants were killed. Both guns recovered were stolen. Both guns were chambered and the safeties were off.
Sounds like evolution in action. Sad, but justifiable.

Ugh.....legal and I'm not ripping the cops at all on this.

Hindsight is 20/20. But I can't help but think this one was avoidable.

I always give benefit of the doubt in dynamic rapidly unfolding incidents.

This one was stopped and slow. Very controllable.

If the couple would have been white, the cops would have woke them up and given them a new digital alarm clock.

Forum List

Back