Court Forces Non-Religious Mom To Get Christian Counseling Or Lose Custody Of Her Children

All this is is one more story of how pussified this country has became.

"I don't want to see gays"

" I don't want to hear a prayer"

"I....I...I..."

STFU and deal with it you pussies.

This seems to have been left out of the discussion at the link.

“I’m a believer myself and if a person is open, we talk about God. If they’re not open, it’s a secular program that I provide,” Pepper said after KRQE News 13 caught up to her after a session.

Pepper said she doesn’t believe her program has religious overtones. She said Salzman was interested in religion early in their meetings and that’s why she brought it up.

Stupidest post (and most dishonest) of the day: "A judge cannot order a party to undergo religious counseling. End of story."

Beginning of story: if a court order has accepted a proposed decree jointly agreed to by all parties that religious counseling of some sort be part of the decree, then, yes, it is legal.

You know it, paddy, so stop the lying.
You add in a fact that is not part of the story; that it was agreed to. If it was agreed to, then, yes, a Judge can order her to do that which she agreed to. If it was not then forcing her to attend counseling that is based on religion and requiring the parent to participate in things like bible reading violates the First Amendment. I see you have not bothered to address the court cases that clearly hold that such an order is a violation of the First Amendment.
We are talking about what this divorce decree set of orders were for the divorcees and their children.

We are not talking about your imaginary cases.

What did the divorce decree pertaining to child custody in this case say?
And what were the grounds the court used to REQUIRE she go?
Note the anti-Godists won't answer this.

Thank you, Peach, for that.

Stupidest post (and most dishonest) of the day: "A judge cannot order a party to undergo religious counseling. End of story."

Beginning of story: if a court order has accepted a proposed decree jointly agreed to by all parties that religious counseling of some sort be part of the decree, then, yes, it is legal.

You know it, paddy, so stop the lying.
You add in a fact that is not part of the story; that it was agreed to. If it was agreed to, then, yes, a Judge can order her to do that which she agreed to. If it was not then forcing her to attend counseling that is based on religion and requiring the parent to participate in things like bible reading violates the First Amendment. I see you have not bothered to address the court cases that clearly hold that such an order is a violation of the First Amendment.
We are talking about what this divorce decree set of orders were for the divorcees and their children.

We are not talking about your imaginary cases.

What did the divorce decree pertaining to child custody in this case say?
And what were the grounds the court used to REQUIRE she go?
Note the anti-Godists won't answer this.

Thank you, Peach, for that.

The translation seems to be

"I wasn't offended until someone told me I should be offended"

or more likely

"I wasn't offended, until I realized I could make a buck by exhibiting faux rage"

We are not talking about a divorce decree. You really ought to read the articles you comment on. From the ariticle:

"Holly Salzman was hoping to get some help co-parenting her 11-year-old twin boys with her ex-husband. Instead she says she got 10 court-ordered religious sessions that she did not want.

“It’s very inappropriate,” Salzman said.

District Court ordered 10 classes through it’s Family Court Division. Family Court provides services in child custody cases to reduce conflict."

She went to Court to ask that her and her husband attend co-parenting counseling. There was no order before that. You insert facts that are not present because you know you are making a fool of yourself.

What part did you not read that the counselor opened the sessions with prayer. That is it period.
It is Salzman who went overboard with saying it was court ordered religious sessions.
Opening prayer is not religious sessions.
it's unnecessary - if the counselor wanted to do that she could have done so before meeting with salzman.

also, that wasn't it.
sa-handout.png

does that look like 'just a prayer'

What in the world are you talking about?
you're claim is that the only religious activity the counselor engaged in was the opening prayer.
that's false.
she gave out religious homework and handouts, such as the one pictured in my earlier response.
is there any other confusion?

I seem to have missed the link that says she gave out religious homework and handouts.
Could you please put that back up or tell me where it was posted?
it was in the local news story about it in the op.
Court-ordered religious classes raise concerns

"I....I...I..."

dude it went way beyond a prayer.
let's say you don't believe in god or jesus. how useful is class that teaches you to handle conflict by asking what they would want you to do be? why should someone have to sit there and listen to someone else tell them that the only way to be a good person and handle conflict is to begin believing in an imaginary man?

What part did you not read that the counselor opened the sessions with prayer. That is it period.
It is Salzman who went overboard with saying it was court ordered religious sessions.
Opening prayer is not religious sessions.
it's unnecessary - if the counselor wanted to do that she could have done so before meeting with salzman.

also, that wasn't it.
sa-handout.png

does that look like 'just a prayer'

What in the world are you talking about?
you're claim is that the only religious activity the counselor engaged in was the opening prayer.
that's false.
she gave out religious homework and handouts, such as the one pictured in my earlier response.
is there any other confusion?

I seem to have missed the link that says she gave out religious homework and handouts.
Could you please put that back up or tell me where it was posted?
it was in the local news story about it in the op.
Court-ordered religious classes raise concerns
The OP is lazy and he only writes hate speech. To bad because he found a story worth telling.

“I’m a believer myself and if a person is open, we talk about God. If they’re not open, it’s a secular program that I provide,” Pepper said after KRQE News 13 caught up to her after a session.

Pepper said she doesn’t believe her program has religious overtones. She said Salzman was interested in religion early in their meetings and that’s why she brought it up.
contradicts her recorded statements
“The meaning in my life is to know love and serve God,” Pepper told Salzman in one of the meetings. “If you want to explore how God was in your past, how God was in your life and not in your life… I know you don’t believe in God which is fine but I now at some points he was in your life in some way.”
that's on video.

The judge should be removed form the bench as he is doing something unconstitutional by forcing his religious beliefs on normal people

Holly Salzman is a loving mother of two sons who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She recently sought court aid in coparenting her children with their father, from whom she is now divorced. The judge then ordered her to attend sessions with a Christian counselor or face contempt of court charges and lose custody of her children.

Court Forces Non-Religious Mom To Get Christian Counseling Or Lose Custody Of Her Children
"Aid in coparetning"?..Why should she need seek advice in court and seek "aid"?....If she can't take care of her kids, perhaps the father should be deemed primary care giver and be granted custody.
I find it remarkable the obsessive desire of some to make and birth children. Then once born their children transform into a terrible burden.
Perhaps these people should consider the consequences of "having" before they act on "wanting"....

"I....I...I..."

let's say you don't believe in god or jesus. how useful is class that teaches you to handle conflict by asking what they would want you to do be? why should someone have to sit there and listen to someone else tell them that the only way to be a good person and handle conflict is to begin believing in an imaginary man?

Read what Peaches just posted.

I'll wait.

Oh, and even if you don't believe in God, I think the whole morals of being a good Christian can be applied.

"I....I...I..."

I'll wait.

Oh, and even if you don't believe in God, I think the whole morals of being a good Christian can be applied.
i don't think trying to please a deity you don't believe in can be applied to anyone. i don't give a shit what Vishnu thinks of me. if i were in a class that asked me to consider how vishnu would want me to react to something i would get nothing out of it.

what pepper said about her class seemed to be contradictory to her statements in the session.

"I....I...I..."

I'll wait.

i don't think trying to please a deity you don't believe in can be applied to anyone. i don't give a shit what Vishnu thinks of me. if i were in a class that asked me to consider how vishnu would want me to react to something i would get nothing out of it.

That isn't what I said, so take your strawman out to the cornfield where he belongs.

"I....I...I..."

I'll wait.

That isn't what I said, so take your strawman out to the cornfield where he belongs.
you just said that christian values can be applied to non-believers. why? why would a non-christian care about christian morals?

The judge should be removed form the bench as he is doing something unconstitutional by forcing his religious beliefs on normal people

Holly Salzman is a loving mother of two sons who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She recently sought court aid in coparenting her children with their father, from whom she is now divorced. The judge then ordered her to attend sessions with a Christian counselor or face contempt of court charges and lose custody of her children.

The story you cite comes from an ULTRA left wing place. So ULTRA it's called "Deep Left Field" and it does NOT give the reason WHY the court ordered her to attend.

WHY DID the court order her to attend? Drugs? Drinking? Violence? Abuse? What IS the rest of the story?
guno hates Caucasians. He hates all who are not far left wing moon bats.
The worst aspect of guno and the tiny number of people like him/her is they believe they are mainstream types.....
guno spends time trolling the most far left blogs, finds opinion pieces and non confirmed 'stories' and posts them here as fact.
guno is part of a small faction in this country who no matter what the current conditions of society, believe there is always something wrong.
Perpetually miserable they are. And are even more pissed off because in their tiny minds, everyone should be equally miserable. May they all succumb to the pain and anguish of intestinal ulcers

“The meaning in my life is to know love and serve God,” Pepper told Salzman in one of the meetings. “If you want to explore how God was in your past, how God was in your life and not in your life… I know you don’t believe in God which is fine but I now at some points he was in your life in some way.”
that's on video.

How so when Salzman was interested in religion?
It's a she said, then she said type of thing.
We don't know which one is right or not.
We need other people to come forward if Pepper pushed religion on them.
It also seems that no one else so far is complaining about it.

Last edited:
Many lefties and liberals are solid Christians.

Some are not, and a very few, like Guno, are dedicated anti-Godists.

that's on video.

How so when Salzman was interested in religion?
It's a she said, then she said type of thing.
We don't know which one is right or not.
We need other people to come forward if Pepper pushed religion on them.
It also seems that no one else so far is complaining about it.
i find pepper's claim that salzman was interested in having a religious class while professing a disbelief in god to be somewhat hard to swallow.
again, if you don't believe in a particular deity why would you want to learn how that supposed deity would want you to behave?

Forum List

Back