🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Court rules US schools can ban US flag shirts on cinco de mayo

This is HORRIBLE
Schools banning patriotic students from showing the flag

In reality, the students wore their flag shirts just to provoke Mexican students and say....Fuck you and your holiday. Not exactly patriotic

The school banned the shirts not because they supported the Mexican holiday over the US Flag but because the shirts were causing fights between students

The school was seeking to defuse a potentially violent situation
So if anti LGBT students started attacking LGBT students who wore LGBT rights shirts, you'd be fine with banning the LGBT shirts because the LGBTs were provoking?

Very good point. Where do we draw the line if security is going to always be a concern? Does student safety always then trump free speech? What about outside of school? Should we censor dissent when ever security becomes a concern?

Also something tells me that if there for some reason were an ISrael Day in school, if School officials tried to stop other students from w earing Palestinian flag tshirts, liberals would throw a huge hissy fit and cry about first amendment rights, whereas those same liberals celebrate banning the us flag shirts.

This is HORRIBLE

In reality, the students wore their flag shirts just to provoke Mexican students and say....Fuck you and your holiday. Not exactly patriotic

The school banned the shirts not because they supported the Mexican holiday over the US Flag but because the shirts were causing fights between students

So if anti LGBT students started attacking LGBT students who wore LGBT rights shirts, you'd be fine with banning the LGBT shirts because the LGBTs were provoking?

Ummmm...actually, I would

When my kids went to school there were strict rules on what you could wear on a t-shirt. If you wore anything that was controversial you were told to take it off or turn it inside out

Schools have an obligation to keep the peace

This is HORRIBLE

When my kids went to school there were strict rules on what you could wear on a t-shirt. If you wore anything that was controversial you were told to take it off or turn it inside out

How is the US flag controversial?

So we have a perfectly legitimate discussion about students wearing old glory on a t shirt. Guess where Steve's mind goes?

If you look at recent studies, hispanics have a high level of antisemitism here in the US. So if hispanics attack jewish students who wear yarmulkes and chais or stars of david, do you think they should ban those jewish symbols of faith from school?

Well, its kind of like this

Those flag shirts are not worn on a daily basis by patriotic students like FoxNews would have you believe. They are pulled out specifically on Cinco de Mayo to say "Fuck you and your holiday" Not exactly what American patriotism is about

Students wearing them are not meekly going through their day, they are mixing it up with the Mexican students to engage in fights

The school put a priority on keeping the peace over some phony patriotism
The courts agreed with the school

It's called an analogy you fucking moron.

Nearly, it's actually called an obsession.

Okay, would you like to discuss the topic, or are you trying to take this off topic becaus eyou know how fucking insane this makes liberals like you look?

As opposed to how closet case homosexuals like you look? Fine here is my opinion on this.

This ban is frankly stupid, kids should be free to wear the stars and stripes anwhere they like. However a school has a duty of care to its pupils and if these t shirts have started confrontations between students in the past then banning them in order to minimise violence and the associated harm that might come to students.

Sticking my a principle is all well and good but when it's your kid who has a gang of other kids stamping on his face then the principle of what t shirt your kid is wearing goes out of the window. It's not ideal but it's the real world.

PS I'm still not a liberal no matter how many times you say it it wont make it any more true.

Last edited:
This is HORRIBLE

We live in the USA. The solution is to cancel the Mexican holiday, not ban the US flag.

Under no circumstances, I repeat under no circumstances should we have events or rules that require we ban our flag. Our flag should supersede all else, no exceptions.

This is HORRIBLE

We live in the USA. The solution is to cancel the Mexican holiday, not ban the US flag.

Under no circumstances, I repeat under no circumstances should we have events or rules that require we ban our flag. Our flag should supersede all else, no exceptions.

I would even go a step futher, uniforms in every public school. No need to even have this discussion.

Those flag shirts are not worn on a daily basis by patriotic students like FoxNews would have you believe. They are pulled out specifically on Cinco de Mayo to say "Fuck you and your holiday" Not exactly what American patriotism is about

Students wearing them are not meekly going through their day, they are mixing it up with the Mexican students to engage in fights

So if lgbts wore lgbt shirts on Good Friday then it could be banned?

Do liberals ban or edit out 'and our flag was still there' from the national anthem in California?

So if lgbts wore lgbt shirts on Good Friday then it could be banned?

If the school found they were creating a disturbance they could be

Most schools ban t-shirts with offensive or political statements on them....including gays

Safety and security concerns are well and good, but the US flag should trump any foreign holiday or observance. If it triggers violence so be it. At least then there'd be cause to not celebrate such foreign holidays in the future.

Personally, I am not big on kids wearing T-Shirts to school.

They should be dressed in uniforms or business casual clothing.

They should be getting for the real world.

This is HORRIBLE

It's not a flag.

It's a T-Shirt.

And if you go around carrying little flags to instigate a fight?

That's not patriotism.

That's bullying.

This is HORRIBLE

Yes, the school was doing what was practical to keep militant Hispanic students in line (the Hispanic students walked out of school shortly afterwards). Since Constitutional rights are limited, the school had the right to do so, but what larger message was sent? A bad decision by gutless school administrators.

Forum List

Back