Courts will do the TX abortion law what they did to Wisconsin's

AND a total waste of time....divisive as all HELL...

What’s troubling is the sponsors of this legislation know full well the provisions of the bill are un-Constitutional, they expect a court fight, and they expect to lose.

All of this is purely partisan, designed to appease the social right and provide grist for stump speeches come 2014.

At least 12 other States have the same laws..

It isn't Unconsititutional.

Only when the length laws are too short or the legal package is burden with unnecessary restrictions to access, the latter being the reason why this law will be struck down. It is unconstitutional.

Addenda: the American people as a whole, 76%, believe in some form of restricted abortions. About 1 in 6 believe as you that abortion on demand should be the limitation.

Last edited:
Why do liberals not want ordinary medical standards applied to abortion? Do they really think the supreme court will overturn the requirement for standards?

First, it mucks with one of the sacred cows of the political class. After Gosnell, and the dude in Dallas or what ever, stricter standards would turn up more like them.

Why do liberals not want ordinary medical standards applied to abortion? Do they really think the supreme court will overturn the requirement for standards?

First, it mucks with one of the sacred cows of the political class. After Gosnell, and the dude in Dallas or what ever, stricter standards would turn up more like them.

The standards were acceptable, the enforcement by the state was not.

This law will now be overturned, and the Dems will use it against the Pubs in Texas next year: the war on women.

Guy, when I used to be Right Wing and Catholic, I used to buy into the whole propaganda thing.

I knew gals who got the full 12 years of Catholic Anti-Abortion propaganda.

And they still went to abortion clinics when they had an "Oops". The walked passed the assholes with the bibles and pictures of aborted fetuses screaming "Murderer" at them.

because at the end of the day, this was the rest of their lives they were considering here.

oh, please, just stop lying. ex-conservative, ex-Catholic, ex-republican.

it's disgusting and shreds out any remains of decency one might suspect you have left

you are a simple cradle libtard - lying without blinking ::

Just because you aren't intelligent enough to change your mind, doesn't mean the world works that way.

I used to be Catholic, until I prayed for my Mom's cancer to get better and she died anyway.

I used to be Republican, until my Romney loving boss screwed me over professionally and then announced how glad he was he didn't have to deal with a union.

Stuff happens, and if you are smart, you reevaluate.

Concern troll is concerned.

Joeblow has been a moron since conception, that much we know.

This is all settled law under Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Boland.

That is correct..

The right to have an abortion is not absolute. The Government is allowed to put restrictions in place.

It is settled law.

Texas did not outlaw abortions.

They are still legal under 20 weeks, just as they are in 12 other States.

Abortion centers must comply with medical standards to protect the lives of the women.

They prevented a woman choosing to have an abortion after 20 weeks.

The law needs to be overturned, and now.

Why?

What’s troubling is the sponsors of this legislation know full well the provisions of the bill are un-Constitutional, they expect a court fight, and they expect to lose.

All of this is purely partisan, designed to appease the social right and provide grist for stump speeches come 2014.

At least 12 other States have the same laws..

It isn't Unconsititutional.

Only when the length laws are too short or the legal package is burden with unnecessary restrictions to access, the latter being the reason why this law will be struck down. It is unconstitutional.

Addenda: the American people as a whole, 76%, believe in some form of restricted abortions. About 1 in 6 believe as you that abortion on demand should be the limitation.

I am still waiting for you someone to provide details on why this law is unconstitutional, especially since it really doesn't do what you say.

This law will now be overturned, and the Dems will use it against the Pubs in Texas next year: the war on women.

Right now there are no standards in Texas, if the standards in Pennsylvania were acceptable why are the new ones in Texas not acceptable?

Right now there are no standards in Texas, if the standards in Pennsylvania were acceptable why are the new ones in Texas not acceptable?

Because Tx has prevented equal access for all women through a law that significantly injures women's rights to access to procedures through a spurious non-need to further safeguard mothers and their fetuses. The federal courts will throw it out.

Because Tx has prevented equal access for all women through a law that significantly injures women's rights to access to procedures through a spurious non-need to further safeguard mothers and their fetuses. The federal courts will throw it out.

There's still equal access. Or am I missing something? You can have an abortion anytime you want, before 20 weeks. So you would rather them proceed with substandard care Jake?

Why?

Yes, you are missing something. "Equal access" means availability to all, and with all but two clinics forced to close, such access is denied. That is what the federal court will find and toss out the law.

If the lege had left the law at twenty weeks without the spurious safety requirements that will force closings without improving safety, then the court would uphold it.

I believe abortion should be regulated very restrictively: 20 week barrier, and only in cases of rape and incest and health and life of the mother, the latter (health and life) not restricted by 20 weeks.

Yes, you are missing something. "Equal access" means availability to all, and with all but two clinics forced to close, such access is denied. That is what the federal court will find and toss out the law.

If the lege had left the law at twenty weeks without the spurious safety requirements that will force closings without improving safety, then the court would uphold it.

Or instead of closing, they can change their policy. Why close? It isn't hard.

It's not policy, it's $$$ to upgrade. Most don't have the capital to do so.

Wouldn't they perform abortions with the same equipment? So far, I've heard of no Gosnell like cases in TX as of yet.

Notice that liberal men are careful not to be specific about the pending Texas law that would limit the scope of the killing? Cowardly liberal men have convinced themselves that they are doing women a favor by forcing them to undergo the horrific late term abortion procedure. Nobody in their right mind would think they are being kind to women when they force them to look down at the life that was once part of their bodies as the little feet kick while the technicians stab the baby in the back of the head and suck it's brains out while it is still alive. The woman has no choice but to watch the dead baby with the shrunken deformed head tossed in the garbage along with the remnants of the big mac they had for lunch. If this isn't war on women I don't know what is?

Wouldn't they perform abortions with the same equipment? So far, I've heard of no Gosnell like cases in TX as of yet.

It's not only equipment but other obstacles. It is also the travel involved if they are forced to close.

One lesson from Texas: legal abortion means nothing without access | Fund Abortion Now.org

I wish (I know, if pigs had wings) the legislature, instead of a full blown assault on a procedure protected by constitutional and federal law, had simply drawn a twenty-week barrier and limited abortion to cases of rape and incest, and for the life and health of the mother (waiving the twenty week limitation in the case of the former). Such a law easily would survive federal court scrutiny.

It's not only equipment but other obstacles. It is also the travel involved if they are forced to close.

One lesson from Texas: legal abortion means nothing without access | Fund Abortion Now.org

I wish (I know, if pigs had wings) the legislature, instead of a full blown assault on a procedure protected by constitutional and federal law, had simply drawn a twenty-week barrier and limited abortion to cases of rape and incest, and for the life and health of the mother (waiving the twenty week limitation in the case of the former). Such a law easily would survive federal court scrutiny.

I am a pro-lifer, but at some point there needs to be a compromise. 20 weeks, necessary funding to upgrade the facilities, keep them open. Right to choose preserved, right to life preserved?

What do you think?

I am a pro-lifer, but at some point there needs to be a compromise. 20 weeks, necessary funding to upgrade the facilities, keep them open. Right to choose preserved, right to life preserved? What do you think?

I would agree in a heart beat, but the social traditionalists control the lege as well as Rick Perry. Those forces put the obstacles in the law to create the funding issue for the clinics to force them to close in order so that women can't get to the two that remain open: they are too far. Never expect the lege to pass any law to help cover the deficit for upgrading.

That's why a great opportunity to severely limit the window available and reasons for abortion will go to waste. The courts will throw it out.

Tell you what, I will make it easy for you, the text of HB-2634 is right here. Feel free to show how it denies some women access, put gives it to others. Unless, that is, you are worried about abortions being restricted to actual doctors instead of people without any medical license at all.

All but two clinics? In the entire state? I hate to rub you face in your idiocy (lie) but there are more than two clinics in El Paso alone that will not be affected by the new law, and there are 4 cities in Texas that are larger.

Forum List

Back