Courts will do the TX abortion law what they did to Wisconsin's

[

They apply the exact same standards to botox centers, plastic surgery clinics, and many other medical clinics in Texas. Care to explain, in detail, why an abortion clinic is exempt from the same medical standards that applies to every other doctor that performs surgical procedures, and why it is irrational to expect them to.

I won't hold my breath.

How about-

Those other clinics have regulations insisted upon by the people who just want to get good service.

The abortion restrictions are by people who don't want those places doing any procedures.

[

If you are actually as old as you claim you would remember that they used to go through the same motions for babies at 24 weeks. Strangely enough, they usually send babies that age home withing a week now.

I had a coworker who had a premie at 29 weeks back in March.

They didn't let that kid out of the NICU until late May.

My own grandneice was born 3 weeks early and spent a week in NICU.

So I'm not sure which babies you think are going home at 24 weeks, exactly.

[

They apply the exact same standards to botox centers, plastic surgery clinics, and many other medical clinics in Texas. Care to explain, in detail, why an abortion clinic is exempt from the same medical standards that applies to every other doctor that performs surgical procedures, and why it is irrational to expect them to.

I won't hold my breath.

How about-

Those other clinics have regulations insisted upon by the people who just want to get good service.

The abortion restrictions are by people who don't want those places doing any procedures.

Now, suddenly, ‘conservatives’ are all for government regulation.

Obviously, you couldn't. Why is it if you let an anti-choice jerkwad talk just long enough, he usually outs himself as a misogynist?

better to be misogynist than a willing supporter of murdering of innocent babies, which you are

The point is, this woman DID think twice about it in the fact that she did it twice.

The first time, yeah, even I was willing to chalk it up to a mistake. The second time? She knew exactly what she was doing.

so you understand she was a premeditative murderer, don't you?

And you still would choose this scumbag over an innocent baby? ( that's to the reference of mysoginism towards this bitch)

you are as vile as she is

I don't have fond feelings towards this woman (who was very manipulative towards all her friends), but I don't think of a kidney-bean sized fetus in her as a "baby".

I think she saw pregnancy as just another tool to manipulate the men in her life.

Just making foolish decisions, as we all do in life.

AND a total waste of time....divisive as all HELL...

What’s troubling is the sponsors of this legislation know full well the provisions of the bill are un-Constitutional, they expect a court fight, and they expect to lose.

All of this is purely partisan, designed to appease the social right and provide grist for stump speeches come 2014.

I still don't see where the Constitution says anything at all about abortion.

Could someone enlighten me?

[

If you are actually as old as you claim you would remember that they used to go through the same motions for babies at 24 weeks. Strangely enough, they usually send babies that age home withing a week now.

I had a coworker who had a premie at 29 weeks back in March.

They didn't let that kid out of the NICU until late May.

My own grandneice was born 3 weeks early and spent a week in NICU.

So I'm not sure which babies you think are going home at 24 weeks, exactly.

I know your personal experience trumps reality hands down, but everyone else lives in a different world. The point is that your claim that they are only going through the motions is bullshit.

[

I won't hold my breath.

How about-

Now, suddenly, ‘conservatives’ are all for government regulation.

Actually, most conservatives are all for government regulations. It is libertarians that are against them, you really should keep your labels straight.

That said, what is the problem with holding abortion clinics to the same standards they hold plastic surgeons and dentists to? I thought the idea was to make abortions safe, not to allow anyone who wants to do one endanger women by using a hanger instead of sterile medical equipment.

This is all settled law under Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Boland.

That is correct..

The right to have an abortion is not absolute. The Government is allowed to put restrictions in place.

It is settled law.

Texas did not outlaw abortions.

They are still legal under 20 weeks, just as they are in 12 other States.

Abortion centers must comply with medical standards to protect the lives of the women.

Exactly. We need to have high standards in health care. It wouldn't surprise me if libs wanted abortions done on demand up to the day before the due date. 5 months should be more than enough time for a woman to make up her mind, well, providing she is of sound mind.

Morning after pills are available over the counter and women have a full 5 months to decide if they want to abort. They merely need to find a doctor who performs abortions or seek a certified clinic that meets standards. As for the current clinics who say they can't afford to upgrade or move, I suggest that the wealthy liberals in Hollywood and the wealthy politicians, like Pelosi, take up a collection. I'm sure they can make it happen fast.

Liberals are picky about the light bulbs and toilets we have in our homes, they are forcing grocery stores and restaurants to spend a pile of money to list the exact calories and nutrition info in salad bars and all food items, yet they don't want any regulations on abortion clinics. Can you imagine other health clinics going by the same standard as abortion clinics?

Companies have gone out of business left and right because of Obamacare and other regulations and the libs are okay with that. Heaven forbid and abortion clinic has to make changes to stay in business and they act like it's a crime.

I think what it comes down to is population control. Planned Parenthood was started to control the black population. Considering that most of it's patients are minorities, I'd say not much has changed. The left is good about pushing their agenda and claiming it's for the greater good. This isn't about women's rights, it's about reducing the population.

Last edited:
Walker and Perry will spend tens of millions on lawyers - needlessly.

There attempts to block the Abortion Laws are futile.

But like they say: "It's our money" ...

:)

I think what it comes down to is population control. Planned Parenthood was started to control the black population. Considering that most of it's patients are minorities, I'd say not much has changed. The left is good about pushing their agenda and claiming it's for the greater good. This isn't about women's rights, it's about reducing the population.

So Conservatives reject Liberals trying to reduce the black population?

Tell us about that ....

lol!! :razz:

Federal courts need to stay out of this. Show us where the federal constitution gives them any authority on abortion. Abortion is 100% a state issue.

AND a total waste of time....divisive as all HELL...

What’s troubling is the sponsors of this legislation know full well the provisions of the bill are un-Constitutional, they expect a court fight, and they expect to lose.

All of this is purely partisan, designed to appease the social right and provide grist for stump speeches come 2014.

At least 12 other States have the same laws..

It isn't Unconsititutional.

Women Who Have Abortions
Printable version of this fact sheet (PDF file, 29K)

Unintended Pregnancy
Each year, almost half of all pregnancies among American women are unintended.1 About half of these unplanned pregnancies, 1.3 million each year, are ended by abortion.1,2

There are many myths and misconceptions about who gets abortions, and why. The fact is that the women who have abortions come from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds. If current rates continue, it is estimated that 35% of all women of reproductive age in America today will have had an abortion by the time they reach the age of 45.3

Measuring the Incidence of Abortion
The incidence of abortion can be tracked in two different ways. The first is simply to keep a tally of the total number of abortions obtained by women who fall into specified categories. Numbers tracked in this way are usually expressed as a percentage of all abortions provided in a year. Alternatively, the rate of abortion can be measured by calculating the total number of abortions obtained per 1,000 women who make up the total population in each category.

Women between the ages of 15 and 19 account for about 19% of all abortions; women 20 to 24 account for another 33%; and about 25% of abortions are obtained by women who are 30 or older.4 Calculating abortion rates, older teenagers and young adults have the highest abortion rates, while women younger than 15 and older than 35 have the lowest.4

Length of Pregnancy
Most abortions (88%) are obtained in the first trimester of pregnancy. In fact, over half of all abortions are obtained within the first 8 weeks. Fewer than 2% occur at 21 weeks or later.5

Education, Residence, and Income
Of the women obtaining abortions in 2000:

57% had some college education;
88% were from metropolitan areas; and
57% percent were low-income.4
Marital Status
Most women getting abortions (83%) are unmarried; 67% have never married, and 16% are separated, divorced, or widowed.4 Married women are significantly less likely than unmarried women to resolve unintended pregnancies through abortion.6

Religion
Women who obtain abortions represent every religious affiliation. 13% of abortion patients describe themselves as born-again or Evangelical Christians4; while 22% of U.S. women are Catholic,7 27% of abortion patients say they are Catholics.1
<more>
National Abortion Federation: Women Who Have Abortions

That is correct..

The right to have an abortion is not absolute. The Government is allowed to put restrictions in place.

It is settled law.

Texas did not outlaw abortions.

They are still legal under 20 weeks, just as they are in 12 other States.

Abortion centers must comply with medical standards to protect the lives of the women.

They prevented a woman choosing to have an abortion after 20 weeks.

The law needs to be overturned, and now.

Forum List

Back