🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:
.it is .00046 actually which is less than half a percent. Not 5 percent.

Uhhhm - Multiply 62,319 times 20. It's over 5% my friend
the population is 330MILLION. DUMB ASS.

Again ---- "the population" is irrelevant.

You could plug in all the people who ever lived or everybody whose name begins with an R or every person who ever had sex on the beach or everybody who ever had a purple bicycle times a factor of 0.81372, still irrelevant.
Not irrelevant. It is most relevant. We cannot accurately measure who has had it but we sure as hell can measure total deaths vs. population.

Sure you can. And the result tells you NOTHING. Nothing except what the TREND is. Actually that number is right there on the Worldometers table, has been all along. At this moment we have 198 deaths per 1M population. Twelve days ago that number was 122. Less than a month before that it was 60. Before that it was in single digits. And tomorrow it will be over 200. EVENTUALLY that number will settle but it ain't anywhere near settled yet.

And you're still wrong --- we can indeed measure who has had it, and have already done so in this thread and elsewhere.

Here's where we did that just hours ago:

Cases which had an outcome: 220,438
156,089 (71%) Recovered / Discharged
64,349 (29%) Deaths​
Wrong again. Those numbers are faulty. Deaths and population are accurate. But you keep living in your fantasy world. I think I understand stats a little better than you do.

I still have a bit of a problem with your "total population" manner of analyzing the risk and our current situation.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Had you been paying attention you would know that I apologized to Zog for not realizing he was referring (inappropriately IMHO) to overall population while I was referring to mortality rate among those testing positive for the virus - DUMB ASS.
look, you apologized then claimed he was wrong, well YOU are wrong, NO ONE knows how many have been infected. Your numbers Don't work. Pretty simply.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

You could plug in all the people who ever lived or everybody whose name begins with an R or every person who ever had sex on the beach or everybody who ever had a purple bicycle times a factor of 0.81372, still irrelevant.
And using a number that is obviously WAY to low is not going to work either. I will accept less then 330 million but I won't accept the BOGUS low ball figure cited by your side.

You may be a Retired military Guy. And thank you for your service - However, you are clearly not paying one bit of attention. One need not remain an ignorant clown until death. ;)

And by the by - The COVID deaths are underestimated by minimally 20-30%.
Not when compared to the population. My household is 4. All 4 of us had it. Yet stats will show one had it and one recovered. Stats are faulty when it comes to tested people so it’s best to use overall population.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Not irrelevant. It is most relevant. We cannot accurately measure who has had it but we sure as hell can measure total deaths vs. population.

Sure you can. And the result tells you NOTHING. Nothing except what the TREND is. Actually that number is right there on the Worldometers table, has been all along. At this moment we have 198 deaths per 1M population. Twelve days ago that number was 122. Less than a month before that it was 60. Before that it was in single digits. And tomorrow it will be over 200. EVENTUALLY that number will settle but it ain't anywhere near settled yet.

And you're still wrong --- we can indeed measure who has had it, and have already done so in this thread and elsewhere.

64,349 (29%) Deaths​
Wrong again. Those numbers are faulty. Deaths and population are accurate. But you keep living in your fantasy world. I think I understand stats a little better than you do.

I still have a bit of a problem with your "total population" manner of analyzing the risk and our current situation.
That’s OK but if we do that with every country we can gauge % wise where we stand.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

64,349 (29%) Deaths​

That’s OK but if we do that with every country we can gauge % wise where we stand.

Most medical experts think that the mortality rate is horribly underestimated.

Where is the logic?

Thanks
No. We all do not agree it is a war just because we are making an effort to fight the disease, so your false premise shot to hell, right off the bat. I understand war. I'm trained to shoot back. You can't shoot back at this. Hell, we can't even mount an offense. Some people want to fight by full free access to the total freedom. Reminds me of using insect powder designed to be found by the insects and carried back to their nest. The insects are just too stupid not to get in line to pick up the poison thinking all food is good and must bring it in to feed the family. This isn't war. Don't be one of the ants.
It is a math problem? So you're OK 900+ suffering to save less than 2 people? Illogical.
View attachment 330077
You cannot dispute the math so you post nonsense.
Did not agree with premise, so wasn't and won't waste my time playing math games with you. Do what you like. I trust the scientists more than I trust you. You should have run for office or sought job in the trump administration. I will leave it up to state and local health officials as it varies from place to place greatly.
Premise? It is math!! You cannot argue vs. math.

:desk:

View attachment 330164

just got another one!!!

:woohoo:
Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

64,349 (29%) Deaths​

Bullsnot

How many deaths are needed, in your opinion, for these measures to be justified?

Where exactly is that boundary number for you?
At least 1%. You’re the genius who doesn’t believe having the disease gives one immunity and then cannot explain if that’s the case why 100+ companies are working on a vaccine.

Why 1%? That's 3.3 million people. You don't see the use in doing anything unless at least 3.3 million people die from it?

You want to bring up the old argument again? You already stumbled through multiple sources that only confirmed what I told you, you gave up and admitted that you couldn't find sources that confirmed your argument, and then changed your argument.

Fine with me. Show me a source that confirms immunity. Show me the quote. Or shut the fuck up. I'm making it as simple as I can for you.
Don’t need a source. If there was no immunity then companies would not try to create a vaccine as it is the same science. One percent means 10 people out of 1000 die. Right now we have 1. Of the people who die, 82% are over 65. They may social distance, the rest should be free to do as they please.

So you admit that you don't have a source verifying what you say.

Thanks. You're excused now.
Stop watching captain kangaroo

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Had you been paying attention you would know that I apologized to Zog for not realizing he was referring (inappropriately IMHO) to overall population while I was referring to mortality rate among those testing positive for the virus - DUMB ASS.
look, you apologized then claimed he was wrong, well YOU are wrong, NO ONE knows how many have been infected. Your numbers Don't work. Pretty simply.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

And using a number that is obviously WAY to low is not going to work either. I will accept less then 330 million but I won't accept the BOGUS low ball figure cited by your side.

You may be a Retired military Guy. And thank you for your service - However, you are clearly not paying one bit of attention. One need not remain an ignorant clown until death. ;)

LOL ya meanwhile places like New York report any death as Covid 19 with absolutely no testing. The fact remains Millions probably got sick and just suffered through it. It is no worse then the regular flu to anyone under 50. By the way get back to us when the US has over 200000 dead since thats what dies every year due to the regular flu.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

LOL ya meanwhile places like New York report any death as Covid 19 with absolutely no testing. The fact remains Millions probably got sick and just suffered through it. It is no worse then the regular flu to anyone under 50. By the way get back to us when the US has over 200000 dead since thats what dies every year due to the regular flu.
Not one of those deaths were ever tested, know that. Nursing home deaths that is

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

64,349 (29%) Deaths​

I am just giving the facts I see.

How many deaths are needed, in your opinion, for these measures to be justified?

Where exactly is that boundary number for you?
At least 1%. You’re the genius who doesn’t believe having the disease gives one immunity and then cannot explain if that’s the case why 100+ companies are working on a vaccine.

Why 1%? That's 3.3 million people. You don't see the use in doing anything unless at least 3.3 million people die from it?

You want to bring up the old argument again? You already stumbled through multiple sources that only confirmed what I told you, you gave up and admitted that you couldn't find sources that confirmed your argument, and then changed your argument.

Fine with me. Show me a source that confirms immunity. Show me the quote. Or shut the fuck up. I'm making it as simple as I can for you.
Don’t need a source. If there was no immunity then companies would not try to create a vaccine as it is the same science. One percent means 10 people out of 1000 die. Right now we have 1. Of the people who die, 82% are over 65. They may social distance, the rest should be free to do as they please.

So you admit that you don't have a source verifying what you say.

Thanks. You're excused now.
Don't need a source if one understands how vaccines work. So you admit you don't know how vaccines work. Get out of my thread. This is for logical people.

Funny how you now claim that you don't need a source after you already provided me with three of them that disproved your own argument because you were too stupid to actually read them.

Oh, but now you don't need a source. Kind of funny how that happens, isn't it?

The need for sources conveniently seems to have disappeared now that you realize you can't actually support your own argument.
He doesn’t. The experts tipped their hand that all deaths are wuhan. So trump cured cancer.

Facts are facts

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Thus far, it is 56 times worse on mortality rate than the flu.
GROW THE FUCK UP!!

Forum List

Back