🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Europeans smoke a lot more and their healthcare system is inferior to ours. If you’re a smoker this virus will damage you a lot more than if you’re not.
Smokers,, the Elderly, Diabetics, Obese, heat disease...we are talking about 60% of the American population we need to shelter, and 'common denominators' out your excuses for Europe.

We need to carefully unlock the economy in the worst places and simply lift the lockdowns every where lightly struck by it.

Italy's hospitals were overwhelmed in the first couple weeks, our hospitals never were. In fact Trump added soooo many new hospitals and beds, and ventilators, that NYC did know what to do with them all.
Trump so far has saved probably hundreds of thousands of American lives with his quick moves to minimize the impact of this disease.

And yet his enemies attack him for moving too slowly and many of his supposed supporters imply he is an idiot due to falling for the 'hoax'.

The man truly has a thankless job.

Italy's hospitals were overwhelmed in the first couple weeks, our hospitals never were. In fact Trump added soooo many new hospitals and beds, and ventilators, that NYC did know what to do with them all.
Trump so far has saved probably hundreds of thousands of American lives with his quick moves to minimize the impact of this disease.

And yet his enemies attack him for moving too slowly and many of his supposed supporters imply he is an idiot due to falling for the 'hoax'.

I know. Some of the latest critics are trying to use 20/20 hindsight to claim Trump should have closed all flights into the US back on Jan 20th, and because he didn't, he has blood on his hands. Of course these critics cannot cite the justification Trump should have used, at the time, to justify closing US borders, ports and airports.

Some of the antigen testing, serology, is starting to indicate that this virus may have already been circulating in the USA as far back as December.

Some of the antigen testing, serology, is starting to indicate that this virus may have already been circulating in the USA as far back as December.
Well the virus was out in China back in December of last year and we get enough traffic from China to see it early, I guess.

But I think that is as early as it could have gotten here.

The number of serious/critical cases decrease by 7 from Friday to Saturday , some of that could be deaths but that’s been the case all along with increasing number. Could be huge good news and bitter disappointment for the Shutdowner Hate Trump.

I know. Some of the latest critics are trying to use 20/20 hindsight to claim Trump should have closed all flights into the US back on Jan 20th, and because he didn't, he has blood on his hands. Of course these critics cannot cite the justification Trump should have used, at the time, to justify closing US borders, ports and airports.

Yes. It blew threw most all of us before we ever even knew about it. Very contagious, rarely lethal and almost only to a specified age and health group. Rain delay over and time to uncover the field and get going.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic? End the LOCKDOWN!

Thanks

I hope this helps...

CDC Link.

View attachment 331180

And this data are correct?

A look at the data of Johns Hopkins Universisty in case of covid-19 deaths in the USA shows to me: April 1st about 5000 deaths May 1st about 60000 deaths. Linear growing. No mitigation. Worrying situation.
60000k = 1 per 5.5k of population

As far as I underdtand from your symbols 60000k are 60,000,000. And what do you like to say? Do you have a problem with the expression "linear growing"?

-----
04/1 5000
05/1 60000

If nothing changes, what will happen?

06 115,000
07 170,000
08 225,000
09 280,000
10 335,000
11 390,000
12 445,000
-----
Nope. Not how it works and 60k if it becomes 600k is still less than 1% of the population and that’s if I multiply the current death rate by 10. Most of those who die (82%) are 65+ and 94% have at least one preexisting condition. This was overblown by the media and you were duped. Instead we have millions not thousands suffering.

You folllow Hitlers arguments around the theme "life unworthy of being lived" and the reality in the former Commie-state "GDR". Since the reunion of Germany the average life span in this area grew around 20 years, because the Commies had seen before in old people only a cost factor and had reduced the medical care for old people.

And what means "to have to suffer"? To die in the gutter without any possibility to breathe? Not to be able to go to a football game? ...
Blah blah blah blah so 30 million should suffer without jobs, seeing their family, losing their homes? That’s insanity and suicide rates go up significantly as does spousal and child abuse. Spare me your drama. This was overblown. The disease 94% of the time kills the sick and elderly or both. Open the economy.
Yep, the facts scream open up the country. We were fine in September when the virus was here

Every year, with vaccines that don’t do jack shit
And for all we know, there may never be a good working vaccine for this Wu-flu either. It may become seasonal, it may go on killing our grandparents and AIDS sufferers for decades more to come.
In the history of the country there has only been one vaccine that works, polio

Saves or delayed their fight vs COVID? We have one death for every 5.5k in the US. This was extremely overblown

What on earth do you base that on, Dr. jc456?
Facts

That's a lovely non-answer.

So the MMR vaccines don't work? Smallpox? TB? Cholera? Rabies? Chickenpox/Shingles? Tetanus? What are the facts you base that opinion on?

I don't think there is a TB vaccine at all. There are effective treatments for ailment, but no preventative.

What on earth do you base that on, Dr. jc456?
Facts

That's a lovely non-answer.

So the MMR vaccines don't work? Smallpox? TB? Cholera? Rabies? Chickenpox/Shingles? Tetanus? What are the facts you base that opinion on?

I don't think there is a TB vaccine at all. There are effective treatments for ailment, but no preventative.
he doesn't get what a vaccine actually is.

a vaccine eradicates the disease. The Polio vaccine is the only vaccine that worked.

Hard numbers of serious to critical contine to drop both gross number wise and percentage wise. This started happening on Saturday
Over testing is dumb now and just another way to drag this out longer. We know what we’ve got and whose got it.
Past time to end this overreactive hoax.

a vaccine only works when the disease it fights is gone.

It helps if, before you make claims/statements, you let people know that you are going to use personal definitions that aren't the same as generally used definitions. ;)

By the way, polio still exists.
Not in the USA and mostly tribal lords Middle East and some Africa don’t want the vaccine.

a vaccine only works when the disease it fights is gone.

It helps if, before you make claims/statements, you let people know that you are going to use personal definitions that aren't the same as generally used definitions. ;)

By the way, polio still exists.
Not in the USA and mostly tribal lords Middle East and some Africa don’t want the vaccine.

But the disease is not gone, so by jc456's definition of a vaccine, even the polio vaccine doesn't work. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous that definition is.

Forum List

Back