🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:
.it is .00046 actually which is less than half a percent. Not 5 percent.

Uhhhm - Multiply 62,319 times 20. It's over 5% my friend
the population is 330MILLION. DUMB ASS.

Had you been paying attention you would know that I apologized to Zog for not realizing he was referring (inappropriately IMHO) to overall population while I was referring to mortality rate among those testing positive for the virus - DUMB ASS.
look, you apologized then claimed he was wrong, well YOU are wrong, NO ONE knows how many have been infected. Your numbers Don't work. Pretty simply.
Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Again ---- "the population" is irrelevant.

You could plug in all the people who ever lived or everybody whose name begins with an R or every person who ever had sex on the beach or everybody who ever had a purple bicycle times a factor of 0.81372, still irrelevant.
And using a number that is obviously WAY to low is not going to work either. I will accept less then 330 million but I won't accept the BOGUS low ball figure cited by your side.

You may be a Retired military Guy. And thank you for your service - However, you are clearly not paying one bit of attention. One need not remain an ignorant clown until death. ;)

And by the by - The COVID deaths are underestimated by minimally 20-30%.
LOL ya meanwhile places like New York report any death as Covid 19 with absolutely no testing. The fact remains Millions probably got sick and just suffered through it. It is no worse then the regular flu to anyone under 50. By the way get back to us when the US has over 200000 dead since thats what dies every year due to the regular flu.

Thus far, it is 56 times worse on mortality rate than the flu.
GROW THE FUCK UP!!
Sure it is when all deaths are due to wuhan no matter what.

You should actually fk off

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Had you been paying attention you would know that I apologized to Zog for not realizing he was referring (inappropriately IMHO) to overall population while I was referring to mortality rate among those testing positive for the virus - DUMB ASS.
look, you apologized then claimed he was wrong, well YOU are wrong, NO ONE knows how many have been infected. Your numbers Don't work. Pretty simply.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

You could plug in all the people who ever lived or everybody whose name begins with an R or every person who ever had sex on the beach or everybody who ever had a purple bicycle times a factor of 0.81372, still irrelevant.
And using a number that is obviously WAY to low is not going to work either. I will accept less then 330 million but I won't accept the BOGUS low ball figure cited by your side.

You may be a Retired military Guy. And thank you for your service - However, you are clearly not paying one bit of attention. One need not remain an ignorant clown until death. ;)

LOL ya meanwhile places like New York report any death as Covid 19 with absolutely no testing. The fact remains Millions probably got sick and just suffered through it. It is no worse then the regular flu to anyone under 50. By the way get back to us when the US has over 200000 dead since thats what dies every year due to the regular flu.

GROW THE FUCK UP!!
and there is NO info to base that on South Korea has the most compelling info and it isn't backed up there. By the way you can dislike my opinion all you want I don't care, be childish and throw your tantrums for all I care.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

GROW THE FUCK UP!!
and there is NO info to base that on South Korea has the most compelling info and it isn't backed up there. By the way you can dislike my opinion all you want I don't care, be childish and throw your tantrums for all I care.

I'm relegating you to the idiot bin. See ya! :bye1:

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Not irrelevant. It is most relevant. We cannot accurately measure who has had it but we sure as hell can measure total deaths vs. population.

Sure you can. And the result tells you NOTHING. Nothing except what the TREND is. Actually that number is right there on the Worldometers table, has been all along. At this moment we have 198 deaths per 1M population. Twelve days ago that number was 122. Less than a month before that it was 60. Before that it was in single digits. And tomorrow it will be over 200. EVENTUALLY that number will settle but it ain't anywhere near settled yet.

And you're still wrong --- we can indeed measure who has had it, and have already done so in this thread and elsewhere.

Here's where we did that just hours ago:

Cases which had an outcome: 220,438
156,089 (71%) Recovered / Discharged
64,349 (29%) Deaths​
Wrong again. Those numbers are faulty. Deaths and population are accurate. But you keep living in your fantasy world. I think I understand stats a little better than you do.

I still have a bit of a problem with your "total population" manner of analyzing the risk and our current situation.
It’s about the effect on everyone and not just the sick. Total population entirely appropriate.

Some of the death stats are limited to resolved cases only and don’t include the pending.

How many deaths are needed, in your opinion, for these measures to be justified?

Where exactly is that boundary number for you?
Let's ask China's leaders who allowed infected people to leave China.

That has nothing to do with anything.

But sure, go ahead.
It had everything to do with it! Dude, hahaha hahaha

Haha, except it didn't.
Ahhh, but it did

200,000 people do not die in the US every year from the flu...

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic? End the LOCKDOWN!

Thanks

Here’s some more math.

1 million confirmed cases in the US, with 25,000 new cases per day. Will another 327 million people, how many days until everyone is infected? Over 13,000.....or 35 years.

This is why the statists are saying this is “the new norm”. They want to keep this lockdown indefinite. Their communist, statist, Marxist ideas have failed at the polls decade after decade. This is how they intend to finally take over America and shred the constitution once and for all.

60,000 a year, 200,000 may be cancer or car deaths

Last edited:
Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Thanks

Where is the logic?

If one man infects 2 people every day then 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 ... and so on will be infected in the following days. Under this condition it will need 28 days = 4 weeks to infect all US-Americans. And it were in lots of countries often much more than 2 people, who were infected from 1.

You say 2 of 1000 die in case of Corona, so in 4 weeks will be dead 660,000 people in the USA. But how realistic is 0.2%? In Germany for example died in the begininng about 0.4% of the infected people - but meanwhile died 10 times more: 4% - lots of them died after weeks of intensive care. So you have to calculate in this case 6,600,000 or even 13.2 million deaths. If I compare other nations it could be even much more worse. In the UK for example die 15.5% of the infected people.

And tell me please how many people will have to die in the gutter in the USA and how many people will have to die in a warm bed in a clinic, if you are too fast, so you are too slow!

Last edited:

Thanks

Where is the logic?

If one man infects 2 people every day then 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 ... and so on will be infected in the following days. Under this condition it will need 28 days = 4 weeks to infect all US-Americans. And it were in lots of countries often much more than 2 people, who were infected from 1.

You say 2 of 1000 die in case of Corona so in 4 weeks will be dead 660,000 people in the USA. But how realistic is 0.2%? In Germany for example died in the begininng about 0,4% of the infected people - but meanwhile 10 tiems more, 4%, died - lots of them after weeks of intensive care. So you have to calculate in this case 6,600,000 or even 13.2 million deaths. If I compare other nations it could be even much more worse. In the UK for example die 15.5% of the infected people.

And do not forget: Too fast is always too slow!
Well we’re eight weeks and those figures you gave are nowhere globally or in our country. So, you’re wrong. Math and facts aren’t good to you

Number of deaths for leading causes of death in 2017:
  • Heart disease: 647,457
    • Cancer: 599,108
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    • Diabetes: 83,564
    • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

The difference here is two things:
1) Car wreck, heart disease death, etc do not have potentially exponential growth rates.
2) This is 65,000+ deaths essentially since March 1, only two fucking months, dude. We have EIGHT MORE MONTHS LEFT to compare to your ANNUAL number of car accident deaths.

The good news is that, thanks to social distancing, we have flattened the growth rate.

1588425401907.png

We need to transition to a SWEDISH model of social distancing, focusing on shielding the people most vulnerable to it, not the entire population. Masks and sopcial distancing should be sufficient for the rest of us and we can go back to our mostly normal lives.

REOPEN THE ECONOMY and use smart social distancing instead of mass close downs.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death in 2017:
  • Heart disease: 647,457
    • Cancer: 599,108
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    • Diabetes: 83,564
    • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

The difference here is two things:
1) Car wreck, heart disease death, etc do not have potentially exponential growth rates.
2) This is 65,000+ deaths essentially since March 1, only two fucking months, dude. We have EIGHT MORE MONTHS LEFT to compare to your ANNUAL number of car accident deaths.

The good news is that, thanks to social distancing, we have flattened the growth rate.

View attachment 330836
We need to transition to a SWEDISH model of social distancing, focusing on shielding the people most vulnerable to it, not the entire population. Masks and sopcial distancing should be sufficient for the rest of us and we can go back to our mostly normal lives.

REOPEN THE ECONOMY and use smart social distancing instead of mass close downs.
Not clear what your point is to me? 65,000 since March 1 while totals from the other categories went down the same amount.that implies those deaths were deemed wuhan without knowing it was. So there’s that. Scientists are now saying wuhan was here in September and none of those numbers were there at all. Fudged is what we’re getting.

Recently, a Sheriff of Lake County IL, requested the names of the supposed wuhan affected there and was denied. Hmmmmmm

Thanks

Where is the logic?

You say 2 of 1000 die in case of Corona so in 4 weeks will be dead 660,000 people in the USA. But how realistic is 0.2%? In Germany for example died in the begininng about 0,4% of the infected people - but meanwhile 10 tiems more, 4%, died - lots of them after weeks of intensive care. So you have to calculate in this case 6,600,000 or even 13.2 million deaths. If I compare other nations it could be even much more worse. In the UK for example die 15.5% of the infected people.

Well we’re eight weeks and those figures you gave are nowhere globally or in our country

What do you think why this what you call "lock down" exists? Because everyone is an idiot who learned somehting in school about viruses and exponential functions?

{QUote] So, you’re wrong. Math and facts aren’t good to you[/QUOTE]

This sentence is totally clear for me the message: US-Americans are the people who fight against each other in case they have have to fight for each other. By the way: How many tombstones do you need? I'm sure we can make a good price. But we will need some weeks to send them over the ocean.

Thanks

Doubt you’d be so cavalier about those 5 deaths if they were your family.

Thanks

Where is the logic?

Well we’re eight weeks and those figures you gave are nowhere globally or in our country

What do you think why this what you call "lock down" exists? Because everyone is an idiot who learned somehting in school about viruses and exponential functions?

{QUote] So, you’re wrong. Math and facts aren’t good to you

This sentence is totally clear for me the message: US-Americans are the people who fight against each other in case they have have to fight for each other. By the way: How many tombstones do you need? I'm sure we can make a good price. But we will need some weeks to send them over the ocean.
[/QUOTE]
How many do you need black men being killed in demofks plantations? Dude, you have no factual data

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

I don't have a "side", cupcake. I'm not a record album. I have simple logic. That being, you can count the population of the US any way you like, or any other country, but it has no relevance to anything here.

Thanks

Doubt you’d be so cavalier about those 5 deaths if they were your family.
I lost my wife to diabetes. It’s still here. What’s your point? People die. You don’t have any knowledge of how, you are hearing from a government source. How do they know? Hmmmm ?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

I don't have a "side", cupcake. I'm not a record album. I have simple logic. That being, you can count the population of the US any way you like, or any other country, but it has no relevance to anything here.
LOL, you have zero logic. Zip let’s debate your logic

Forum List

Back