🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:
.it is .00046 actually which is less than half a percent. Not 5 percent.

Uhhhm - Multiply 62,319 times 20. It's over 5% my friend
the population is 330MILLION. DUMB ASS.

Again ---- "the population" is irrelevant.

You could plug in all the people who ever lived or everybody whose name begins with an R or every person who ever had sex on the beach or everybody who ever had a purple bicycle times a factor of 0.81372, still irrelevant.
Not irrelevant. It is most relevant. We cannot accurately measure who has had it but we sure as hell can measure total deaths vs. population.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).
Guns are banned and people are dying by the score of a patented and registered illness after having been served with an official diagnosis of COVID-19 ® in New York, and court-ordered for mandatory quarantine and involuntary treatment, to prevent a danger to themselves or others, or because they are deemed unable to care for themselves.

Yes, they do. Actions speak louder than words.

The fact that they're trying something doesn't mean that it's known to work. You're a fucking idiot.

Are you really this stupid? Do you really not understand this simple point? Were you dropped on your head as a child?
It has worked many times. Triggered. Ping me back when you grow up.

Actions speak louder than words.

Let me know when you figure out the difference between trying something and knowing that it works. Have someone who isn't brain-damaged explain the difference to you. I promise it's not that difficult.

Fucking idiot.
Plasma therapy has worked. You’re still swearing like a child. Too funny. Waaa waaaa waaaa

At no point does it say that it's shown to work.

Your idiotic reasoning is that if they try it then it must work. You're a fucking retard.
Sure it does. I posted links. You seem sad. Need a hug?

Oh really? Show me where it says that. Don't run off this time. Answer the question.

C'mere you little bitch. You claimed that your link says it works, so show me where it says it works. Because it doesn't.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

Whoops, maybe you forgot to read the link again. Try again.

Don't run away this time. Try another link. Quote the part where you claim it says that it works.
I showed you where it helped actual patients.

So then quote the part you're referring to. Quit running and answer the fucking question.
I have Answered you 100x. You’re such a little stalker it’s cute.

Oh really. Show me any source that says you're immune.

You haven't once answered that question. You just try to change the subject or claim that you don't need to. And we both know why, don't we?

Go ahead and answer that one.
My doctor. Most people...vast majority are immune. He believes I am too. I will be donating plasma on Monday. Not everyone is immune and we don't know for how long but so long as I can help people now I will. Not sure why you see and issue with that. If I am not and I get it again and die, you may gloat.

Me: "Show me any source that says you're immune."
You: "My doctor."

You can't show me that, now can you, dumbass? You've already proven that you're incapable of interpreting anything, so I don't trust what you think your doctor said/wrote.

You brought this up again. Not me. I was done with it. If you're so desperate to convince me that you're immune then you better back it up with a source that says that. Because everything I've seen, including your sources, say that we don't know. It's as simple as that.

The fact that they're trying something doesn't mean that it's known to work. You're a fucking idiot.

Are you really this stupid? Do you really not understand this simple point? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Let me know when you figure out the difference between trying something and knowing that it works. Have someone who isn't brain-damaged explain the difference to you. I promise it's not that difficult.

Fucking idiot.
Plasma therapy has worked. You’re still swearing like a child. Too funny. Waaa waaaa waaaa

Your idiotic reasoning is that if they try it then it must work. You're a fucking retard.

Oh really? Show me where it says that. Don't run off this time. Answer the question.

C'mere you little bitch. You claimed that your link says it works, so show me where it says it works. Because it doesn't.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

Don't run away this time. Try another link. Quote the part where you claim it says that it works.

So then quote the part you're referring to. Quit running and answer the fucking question.

You haven't once answered that question. You just try to change the subject or claim that you don't need to. And we both know why, don't we?

My doctor. Most people...vast majority are immune. He believes I am too. I will be donating plasma on Monday. Not everyone is immune and we don't know for how long but so long as I can help people now I will. Not sure why you see and issue with that. If I am not and I get it again and die, you may gloat.

You can't show me that, now can you, dumbass? You've already proven that you're incapable of interpreting anything, so I don't trust what you think your doctor said/wrote.

You brought this up again. Not me. I was done with it. If you're so desperate to convince me that you're immune then you better back it up with a source that says just that. Because everything I've seen, including your sources, say that we don't know. It's as simple as that.
If I was not immune they would not ask for my blood/plasma. We don’t know for many things but they are highly confident I am. So am I. Not sure why you care so much?

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

You could plug in all the people who ever lived or everybody whose name begins with an R or every person who ever had sex on the beach or everybody who ever had a purple bicycle times a factor of 0.81372, still irrelevant.
Not irrelevant. It is most relevant. We cannot accurately measure who has had it but we sure as hell can measure total deaths vs. population.

Sure you can. And the result tells you NOTHING. Nothing except what the TREND is. Actually that number is right there on the Worldometers table, has been all along. At this moment we have 198 deaths per 1M population. Twelve days ago that number was 122. Less than a month before that it was 60. Before that it was in single digits. And tomorrow it will be over 200. EVENTUALLY that number will settle but it ain't anywhere near settled yet.

And you're still wrong --- we can indeed measure who has had it, and have already done so in this thread and elsewhere.

Here's where we did that just hours ago:

Cases which had an outcome: 220,438
156,089 (71%) Recovered / Discharged
64,349 (29%) Deaths​

Last edited:

Fucking idiot.

You brought this up again. Not me. I was done with it. If you're so desperate to convince me that you're immune then you better back it up with a source that says just that. Because everything I've seen, including your sources, say that we don't know. It's as simple as that.
If I was not immune they would not ask for my blood/plasma. We don’t know for many things but they are highly confident I am. So am I. Not sure why you care so much?

Faulty logic. They want to work with your plasma, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're immune. It's worth trying, but they don't know for sure.

Your source: "But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

I'm just responding to you. You brought this up again. Not me. I was here to talk math with you or whoever in this topic. Obviously, you wanted to talk about this, again. Fine by me.

Fucking idiot.

Faulty logic. They want to work with your plasma, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're immune. It's worth trying, but they don't know for sure.

Your source: "But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

I'm just responding to you. You brought this up again. Not me. I was here to talk math with you or whoever in this topic. Obviously, you wanted to talk about this, again. Fine by me.
OK. Should I not donate my blood to help others?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Sure you can. And the result tells you NOTHING. Nothing except what the TREND is. Actually that number is right there on the Worldometers table, has been all along. At this moment we have 198 deaths per 1M population. Twelve days ago that number was 122. Less than a month before that it was 60. Before that it was in single digits. And tomorrow it will be over 200. EVENTUALLY that number will settle but it ain't anywhere near settled yet.

And you're still wrong --- we can indeed measure who has had it, and have already done so in this thread and elsewhere.

64,349 (29%) Deaths​
Wrong again. Those numbers are faulty. Deaths and population are accurate. But you keep living in your fantasy world. I think I understand stats a little better than you do.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

64,349 (29%) Deaths​
Wrong again. Those numbers are faulty. Deaths and population are accurate. But you keep living in your fantasy world. I think I understand stats a little better than you do.

Deaths and population may be accurate but THEY HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP TO EACH OTHER.

Good GODS you're a dense one. :banghead:

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic? End the LOCKDOWN!

Thanks
If you’re 18-45 you have a 0.1% of dying IF you get it. If you’re +75 it skyrockets to 80x that. If you’re 0-18 0% chance of dying.
So logic and science say take the +75 group and isolate them and them only.

I think you should.
If I am not immune what is the point? Hmmm...

I am going to. My goal is to do so every week.

Good, do it. It may work and it may not work. My point is simply that we don't know yet and we don't know if you're immune. That's what they're saying, not me.

Your article: "But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

Your article: "Even if the antibodies stick around in the body, however, it is not yet certain that they will prevent future infection."

However, it's still very important to donate. Medical experts themselves are saying that they want that plasma. They are still researching it.

Your article: “The fact that it works is going to require those controlled studies,” Woods said. “But having the participation of people who have been infected in these research programs, in these donations programs, is so important.”

The more we know about this, the more lives we can save, in one way or another.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Had you been paying attention you would know that I apologized to Zog for not realizing he was referring (inappropriately IMHO) to overall population while I was referring to mortality rate among those testing positive for the virus - DUMB ASS.
look, you apologized then claimed he was wrong, well YOU are wrong, NO ONE knows how many have been infected. Your numbers Don't work. Pretty simply.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

And using a number that is obviously WAY to low is not going to work either. I will accept less then 330 million but I won't accept the BOGUS low ball figure cited by your side.

Thanks
If you’re 18-45 you have a 0.1% of dying IF you get it. If you’re +75 it skyrockets to 80x that. If you’re 0-18 0% chance of dying.
My math was off it’s actually 2 per 100k...that’s what I get for doing %s in my head! Open the damn economy

I think you should.

Good, do it. It may work and it may not work. My point is simply that we don't know yet and we don't know if you're immune. That's what they're saying, not me.

Your article: "But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

Your article: "Even if the antibodies stick around in the body, however, it is not yet certain that they will prevent future infection."

However, it's still very important to donate. Medical experts themselves are saying that they want that plasma. They are still researching it.

Your article: “The fact that it works is going to require those controlled studies,” Woods said. “But having the participation of people who have been infected in these research programs, in these donations programs, is so important.”

That is what I want to do. Save lives. Have always been a donor and now it is more important than ever before.

Thanks
My math was off it’s actually 2 per 100k...that’s what I get for doing %s in my head! Open the damn economy
California:
A6943268-707B-44E4-80C8-BD828192834D.jpeg

I think you should.

That is what I want to do. Save lives. Have always been a donor and now it is more important than ever before.

I agree.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

Had you been paying attention you would know that I apologized to Zog for not realizing he was referring (inappropriately IMHO) to overall population while I was referring to mortality rate among those testing positive for the virus - DUMB ASS.
look, you apologized then claimed he was wrong, well YOU are wrong, NO ONE knows how many have been infected. Your numbers Don't work. Pretty simply.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

And using a number that is obviously WAY to low is not going to work either. I will accept less then 330 million but I won't accept the BOGUS low ball figure cited by your side.

You may be a Retired military Guy. And thank you for your service - However, you are clearly not paying one bit of attention. One need not remain an ignorant clown until death. ;)

And by the by - The COVID deaths are underestimated by minimally 20-30%.

Forum List

Back