🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:
Numerous legit reports have come out telling us the obvious; that nobody can possibly know how many people have been infected.....And that the number infected has been under reported by orders of magnitude.

Therefore, your fake numbers are fucking garbage.

Of course nobody knows how many were infected (since Drumpf botched the testing).
We DO know how many that HAVE been diagnosed have died.
We ALSO know that the actual number it has killed is monumentally underreported

And my numbers are spot on Trumptard.
But that is irrelevant, I am only using DEATHS and POPULATION....no other factors as most people recover and such. In terms of deaths we have fewer than 2 per 1000 now and if multiplied by 2.5x would still have fewer than FIVE per 1000.

Oh okay I apologize. I was of course thinking of deaths among those diagnosed as opposed to population.
Yes, yes. I am simplifying it to Deaths (known) and population (known) rest is sort of nebulous. Based on the known data I believe the economy should reopen soon.

View attachment 330151

:hello77:

Sidenote - THIS RULZ!! :lol:

3wsaee.jpg

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

The answer to your simplistic cherrypicking is right where it's always been. The charts.

The US infection rate, right now, is 3253 cases per 1M population (which is not "less than 2" so you're fabricating already).
Less than a month ago (April 5) it was less that one-third of that.
Less that two weeks before that it was just over a hundred.

Here's what that looks like on a graph (now a coupla weeks old)

Notice that HILL???

Guess what --- THAT AIN'T NEW.
Who cares about cases. Millions get colds every year. DEATHS to POPULATION matters and you cannot dispute my math so you're trying to take the discussion sideways. Weak.

The death rate will be a constant, wherever it lands But you can't have deaths without infections. The spread of the latter is the one thing we can control. IF we do it in time.

You asked for a simple math answer, and you got it. Game over.

There was zero math in your comment. Constant? What does that even mean? 1 out of 1000 dies now from the COVID-19. 82% of all deaths are those 65+ and 94% are those with at least one preexisting condition.

Learn math, Pigo.

Again, here to help. Again, gotcher math right here. Directly off the Worldometers site. Roll it.

Cases which had an outcome: 220,438
156,089 (71%) Recovered / Discharged
64,349 (29%) Deaths
Splain to the class how you get "1 out of 1000" outta that. I'll be watching. :4_13_65:
I am taking the WHOLE POPULATION. That is 330,000,000

So 64,329 / 330,000,000 = 0.0195%. We don't know how many cases there truly are since I and my entire family had it but only I counted as I was the only one tested. Only indisputable numbers are deaths and population.

Using the above numbers that equates to 19 deaths per 100,000 people. If I multiply your death total by 2.5x then we would have 49 deaths per 100,000 or 0.049%.

What part of that is confusing to you? Please explain.

It's not confusing me -- it's confusing YOU. You don't use "the entire population" as a base, since "the entire population" includes who-knows-how-many who are not infected and/or not sick. If they're neither infected nor sick then they have zero chance of dying from something they don't have, DO THEY. And yet you're counting those people AGAINST the death rate. You can't do that. They cannot have "failed to survive" something they didn't go through in the first place.

Just as if you've never been to South Dakota you have zero chance of seeing Mount Rushmore, therefore it would be invalid to say you "failed" to see it.
Why not use the whole population? That doesn't make any sense.

I am using numbers that cannot be disputed. Deaths and Population. Right now we have 19 deaths per 100k people. Do what you will with that information.

I did. Your numbers are bleeding badly from a facelift. To coin a phrase.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic?

Thanks

The answer to your simplistic cherrypicking is right where it's always been. The charts.

The US infection rate, right now, is 3253 cases per 1M population (which is not "less than 2" so you're fabricating already).

Notice that HILL???

Who cares about cases. Millions get colds every year. DEATHS to POPULATION matters and you cannot dispute my math so you're trying to take the discussion sideways. Weak.

The death rate will be a constant, wherever it lands But you can't have deaths without infections. The spread of the latter is the one thing we can control. IF we do it in time.

There was zero math in your comment. Constant? What does that even mean? 1 out of 1000 dies now from the COVID-19. 82% of all deaths are those 65+ and 94% are those with at least one preexisting condition.

Learn math, Pigo.

Again, here to help. Again, gotcher math right here. Directly off the Worldometers site. Roll it.

64,349 (29%) Deaths
Splain to the class how you get "1 out of 1000" outta that. I'll be watching. :4_13_65:

So 64,329 / 330,000,000 = 0.0195%. We don't know how many cases there truly are since I and my entire family had it but only I counted as I was the only one tested. Only indisputable numbers are deaths and population.

Using the above numbers that equates to 19 deaths per 100,000 people. If I multiply your death total by 2.5x then we would have 49 deaths per 100,000 or 0.049%.

It's not confusing me -- it's confusing YOU. You don't use "the entire population" as a base, since "the entire population" includes who-knows-how-many who are not infected and/or not sick. If they're neither infected nor sick then they have zero chance of dying from something they don't have, DO THEY. And yet you're counting those people AGAINST the death rate. You can't do that. They cannot have "failed to survive" something they didn't go through in the first place.

Just as if you've never been to South Dakota you have zero chance of seeing Mount Rushmore, therefore it would be invalid to say you "failed" to see it.

I am using numbers that cannot be disputed. Deaths and Population. Right now we have 19 deaths per 100k people. Do what you will with that information.

Deaths and population was what I used. I was open about it. Not sure what you have an issue with.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Notice that HILL???

Learn math, Pigo.

64,349 (29%) Deaths

Deaths and population was what I used. I was open about it. Not sure what you have an issue with.

That's because you didn't bother to read the MULTIPLE POSTS EXPLAINING IT IN TINY LITTLE DUMBDOWN WORDS.

huge.0.4853.JPG

Nun ...... So ...... Blind

Actions speak louder than words. That is lip service to protect from lawsuits. I am giving blood on Monday so that my plasma may be used if need be to treat those who are ill.

In your world words speak louder than actions.

Thanks all the same, but I think I'll just go with what the medical experts say instead of what you think they really mean.

Lmao

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection."

"we don't really know how immunity works with this virus"

"Even if the antibodies stick around in the body, however, it is not yet certain that they will prevent future infection."

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."
ME too. Actions speak louder than words. They want my plasma. Must be because they aren't sure. LOL

Again in your world, words speak louder than actions.

Trying something doesn't mean that they're sure it's going to work. I'm not sure what part of that you're confused about. They even said that.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic?

Thanks

I gotta question your math my friend. I'm coming up with a mortality rate of .057 or 57 times deadlier than the flu.
IOW 5.7 deaths per ONE HUNDRED - Hey, I'm not great at math, but yours does appear suspicious. ;)

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:
Says the quack whose IQ is less than 70
But the models say it’s 150.

Actions speak louder than words. That is lip service to protect from lawsuits. I am giving blood on Monday so that my plasma may be used if need be to treat those who are ill.

Thanks all the same, but I think I'll just go with what the medical experts say instead of what you think they really mean.

Lmao

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection."

"Even if the antibodies stick around in the body, however, it is not yet certain that they will prevent future infection."

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."
ME too. Actions speak louder than words. They want my plasma. Must be because they aren't sure. LOL

Trying something doesn't mean that they're sure it's going to work. I'm not sure what part of that you're confused about. They even said that.
The part where the plasma has shown to work and the part where I will be donating for that purpose. Actions speak louder than words.

Lmao

The part where the plasma has shown to work and the part where I will be donating for that purpose. Actions speak louder than words.

Where does it say that has been shown to work? Oh yea, it doesn't.

You're a fucking idiot. Learn how to read.

Lmao

Actions speak louder than words. Shows right here and I can post many more examples.

Lmao

Actions speak louder than words. Shows right here and I can post many more examples.

Do any of those sources say that you're immune? No.
Do any of those sources say that they are shown to work? No.

The action is that they're trying something. Trying something doesn't mean that it's sure to work. You can't tell the difference, can you?

You're a fucking idiot. Reading can be difficult for the mentally challenged.

Lmao

Do any of those sources say that you're immune? No.
Do any of those sources say that they are shown to work? No.

The action is that they're trying something. Trying something doesn't mean that it's sure to work. You can't tell the difference, can you?

You're a fucking idiot. Reading can be difficult for the mentally challenged.
Yes, they do. Actions speak louder than words.

The fact that they're trying something doesn't mean that it's known to work. You're a fucking idiot.

Are you really this stupid? Do you really not understand this simple point? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

The fact that they're trying something doesn't mean that it's known to work. You're a fucking idiot.

Are you really this stupid? Do you really not understand this simple point? Were you dropped on your head as a child?
It has worked many times. Triggered. Ping me back when you grow up.

Actions speak louder than words.

Let me know when you figure out the difference between trying something and knowing that it works. Have someone who isn't brain-damaged explain the difference to you. I promise it's not that difficult.

Fucking idiot.

Let me know when you figure out the difference between trying something and knowing that it works. Have someone who isn't brain-damaged explain the difference to you. I promise it's not that difficult.

Fucking idiot.
Plasma therapy has worked. You’re still swearing like a child. Too funny. Waaa waaaa waaaa

Fucking idiot.
Plasma therapy has worked. You’re still swearing like a child. Too funny. Waaa waaaa waaaa

At no point does it say that it's shown to work.

Your idiotic reasoning is that if they try it then it must work. You're a fucking retard.

Fucking idiot.

Your idiotic reasoning is that if they try it then it must work. You're a fucking retard.
Sure it does. I posted links. You seem sad. Need a hug?

Fucking idiot.

Oh really? Show me where it says that. Don't run off this time. Answer the question.

Fucking idiot.

Oh really? Show me where it says that. Don't run off this time. Answer the question.
I showed the links already. Why are you so adamant for it not to work? You don’t want to help people? You just have dementia.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:
.it is .00046 actually which is less than half a percent. Not 5 percent.

Forum List

Back