🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks
No. We all do not agree it is a war just because we are making an effort to fight the disease, so your false premise shot to hell, right off the bat. I understand war. I'm trained to shoot back. You can't shoot back at this. Hell, we can't even mount an offense. Some people want to fight by full free access to the total freedom. Reminds me of using insect powder designed to be found by the insects and carried back to their nest. The insects are just too stupid not to get in line to pick up the poison thinking all food is good and must bring it in to feed the family. This isn't war. Don't be one of the ants.

I put out one of those liquid ant traps when I saw a few in my kitchen recently. Had the exact same thought as I watched them line up and march to their death.

No need for ant cruelty. Just wipe a line of vinegar across their path. They'll be gone wid a quickness.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

The answer to your simplistic cherrypicking is right where it's always been. The charts.

The US infection rate, right now, is 3253 cases per 1M population (which is not "less than 2" so you're fabricating already).
Less than a month ago (April 5) it was less that one-third of that.
Less that two weeks before that it was just over a hundred.

Here's what that looks like on a graph (now a coupla weeks old)

Notice that HILL???

Guess what --- THAT AIN'T NEW.
Who cares about cases. Millions get colds every year. DEATHS to POPULATION matters and you cannot dispute my math so you're trying to take the discussion sideways. Weak.

The death rate will be a constant, wherever it lands But you can't have deaths without infections. The spread of the latter is the one thing we can control. IF we do it in time.

You asked for a simple math answer, and you got it. Game over.

Experts? You mean those using plasma of the formerly infected to cure the currently infected? Those experts? They certainly do agree with me.

Did those experts say that you're immune? No? Oh ok.

So you, a non-expert with no medical qualifications, are trying to speak for them with your own interpretation of their field of expertise despite their exact quotes contradicting your opinion.

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection."

"we don't really know how immunity works with this virus"

"Even if the antibodies stick around in the body, however, it is not yet certain that they will prevent future infection."

The medical experts have spoken. Bye now.

:bye1:

Except plasma is being used of the formerly infected. Odd...right?

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic?

Thanks

The answer to your simplistic cherrypicking is right where it's always been. The charts.

The US infection rate, right now, is 3253 cases per 1M population (which is not "less than 2" so you're fabricating already).

Notice that HILL???

Who cares about cases. Millions get colds every year. DEATHS to POPULATION matters and you cannot dispute my math so you're trying to take the discussion sideways. Weak.

The death rate will be a constant, wherever it lands But you can't have deaths without infections. The spread of the latter is the one thing we can control. IF we do it in time.

There was zero math in your comment. Constant? What does that even mean? 1 out of 1000 dies now from the COVID-19. 82% of all deaths are those 65+ and 94% are those with at least one preexisting condition.

Learn math, Pigo.

Experts? You mean those using plasma of the formerly infected to cure the currently infected? Those experts? They certainly do agree with me.

So you, a non-expert with no medical qualifications, are trying to speak for them with your own interpretation of their field of expertise despite their exact quotes contradicting your opinion.

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection."

"Even if the antibodies stick around in the body, however, it is not yet certain that they will prevent future infection."

Another link that doesn't say you're immune. It says that we don't know, just like the other ones.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

You really need to start reading your own links, lmao.

Another link that doesn't say you're immune. It says that we don't know, just like the other ones.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects."

You really need to start reading your own links, lmao.
Don’t know doesn’t mean you’re not. I already explained the science behind vaccines. You don’t seem to understand how they work. I also explained how plasma treatments work and you ignored that too.

Don’t know doesn’t mean you’re not.

I never said it did.

You explained lots of stuff. It's cute that you want to play doctor and all, but the actual medical experts disagree with you.

The medical experts have spoken.

I never said it did.

You explained lots of stuff. It's cute that you want to play doctor and all, but the actual medical experts disagree with you.

If not immune then why does plasma therapy work?

I never said it did.

I never said it did.

So then why do the plasma treatments? Actions speak louder than words. Still cannot answer that one it seems.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Notice that HILL???

There was zero math in your comment. Constant? What does that even mean? 1 out of 1000 dies now from the COVID-19. 82% of all deaths are those 65+ and 94% are those with at least one preexisting condition.

Learn math, Pigo.

Again, here to help. Again, gotcher math right here. Directly off the Worldometers site. Roll it.

Cases which had an outcome: 220,438
156,089 (71%) Recovered / Discharged
64,349 (29%) Deaths
Splain to the class how you get "1 out of 1000" outta that. I'll be watching. :4_13_65:

I never said it did.

So then why do the plasma treatments? Actions speak louder than words. Still cannot answer that one it seems.

Haha, there you go trying to speak for the medical experts again. They're perfectly clear on this.

It's a last resort option on critically ill patients. They still don't know if it works though. We know that because that's what they said. The medical experts agree with me.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects. But because there are no known cures for COVID-19, the Food and Drug Administration has allowed doctors to give it to severely ill patients"

You should probably read what you post.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Notice that HILL???

Learn math, Pigo.

Again, here to help. Again, gotcher math right here. Directly off the Worldometers site. Roll it.

64,349 (29%) Deaths
Splain to the class how you get "1 out of 1000" outta that. I'll be watching. :4_13_65:
I am taking the WHOLE POPULATION. That is 330,000,000

So 64,329 / 330,000,000 = 0.0195%. We don't know how many cases there truly are since I and my entire family had it but only I counted as I was the only one tested. Only indisputable numbers are deaths and population.

Using the above numbers that equates to 19 deaths per 100,000 people. If I multiply your death total by 2.5x then we would have 49 deaths per 100,000 or 0.049%.

What part of that is confusing to you? Please explain.

I never said it did.

Haha, there you go trying to speak for the medical experts again. They're perfectly clear on this.

It's a last resort option on critically ill patients. They still don't know if it works though. We know that because that's what they said. The medical experts agree with me.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects. But because there are no known cures for COVID-19, the Food and Drug Administration has allowed doctors to give it to severely ill patients"

If they were certain they would not be using my plasma to treat others.

I never said it did.

Their exact words are that they do not know for sure, lmao.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects"

I think I'll go with the exact words of the medical experts, thanks though.

I never said it did.

Their exact words are that they do not know for sure, lmao.

"But doctors don’t know for sure whether plasma from COVID-19 survivors will actually help other patients recover — and will do it without harmful side effects"

I think I'll go with the exact words of the medical experts, thanks though.
Actions speak louder than words. That is lip service to protect from lawsuits. I am giving blood on Monday so that my plasma may be used if need be to treat those who are ill.

In your world words speak louder than actions.

Actions speak louder than words. That is lip service to protect from lawsuits. I am giving blood on Monday so that my plasma may be used if need be to treat those who are ill.

Thanks all the same, but I think I'll just go with what the medical experts say instead of what you think they really mean.

Lmao

Thanks all the same, but I think I'll just go with what the medical experts say instead of what you think they really mean.

Lmao

ME too. Actions speak louder than words. They want my plasma. Must be because they aren't sure. LOL

Again in your world, words speak louder than actions.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Notice that HILL???

Learn math, Pigo.

64,349 (29%) Deaths

So 64,329 / 330,000,000 = 0.0195%. We don't know how many cases there truly are since I and my entire family had it but only I counted as I was the only one tested. Only indisputable numbers are deaths and population.

Using the above numbers that equates to 19 deaths per 100,000 people. If I multiply your death total by 2.5x then we would have 49 deaths per 100,000 or 0.049%.

It's not confusing me -- it's confusing YOU. You don't use "the entire population" as a base, since "the entire population" includes who-knows-how-many who are not infected and/or not sick. If they're neither infected nor sick then they have zero chance of dying from something they don't have, DO THEY. And yet you're counting those people AGAINST the death rate. You can't do that. They cannot have "failed to survive" something they didn't go through in the first place.

Just as if you've never been to South Dakota you have zero chance of seeing Mount Rushmore, therefore it would be invalid to say you "failed" to see it.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Notice that HILL???

Learn math, Pigo.

64,349 (29%) Deaths

It's not confusing me -- it's confusing YOU. You don't use "the entire population" as a base, since "the entire population" includes who-knows-how-many who are not infected and/or not sick. If they're neither infected nor sick then they have zero chance of dying from something they don't have, DO THEY. And yet you're counting those people AGAINST the death rate. You can't do that. They cannot have "failed to survive" something they didn't go through in the first place.

Just as if you've never been to South Dakota you have zero chance of seeing Mount Rushmore, therefore it would be invalid to say you "failed" to see it.
Why not use the whole population? That doesn't make any sense.

I am using numbers that cannot be disputed. Deaths and Population. Right now we have 19 deaths per 100k people. Do what you will with that information.

Forum List

Back