Coyote

I think the topic would be:

TNHarley arguing that Liberty and Equality are the same.
Myself arguing that Liberty and Equality are different.

Is that how you see it TN?
Then you would win. They are different, in many ways. It would be a rare set of circumstances where both could be argued as being the same, in my opinion.

EXAMPLE:

"Liberty" generally mean that you "CAN", or that you are "ALLOWED TO".
"Equality" generally means that the "SAME" applied to everyone or everything. Basically, equality means equal or comparable to the point of being equal.

basically, yes.

Then you would win. They are different, in many ways. It would be a rare set of circumstances where both could be argued as being the same, in my opinion.

EXAMPLE:

"Equality" generally means that the "SAME" applied to everyone or everything. Basically, equality means equal or comparable to the point of being equal.

Well...he and I need to make the arguments, but the judging should be on how convincing we argue are cases. So...if we're arguing the sky is blue or green and I make a convincing case for green I could win....:p

EXAMPLE:

That just gives me more of a challenge :D
I will have this all laid out for you. Detail after detail.

One on one over liberty. You seem to think liberty isn't equality. I whole heartedly disagree. I am also curious as to what you think liberty and equality actually are.
Judges?
Coyote I'll play nice ;)
"Liberty" and "Equalty" are NOT the same.

Just curious, what are you talking about where liberty and equality would come into play at the same time? Or, what are you talking about where there's no liberty and / or equality? In other words, in what context are you comparing the two?
I cant give away my secrets already!
Well, you'd have to set the parameters. Otherwise, the scope of the debate would be too broad, and each scenario would have to be judged on its own merits.

The subject could be discussed using a thousand different scenarios, and each could be argued depending on usage and the situation and circumstances referenced. That would be time consuming and almost impossible to judge as a whole.

That's a very nice thing for you to say, and I sincerely appreciate it. Thanks.
you on-board to judge, man?
Judge a debate? What would I be judging?
me and coyote. You can pick your own method of mayhem.
You could base it off the way its said, structure, peoples reactions, staying on topic and just the general idea one is putting out there. Whatever.
In other words, judge a debate based on facts, and not on opinions? In my opinion, the facts concerning "Liberty" and "Equality" are basically common knowledge. The debate would have to be how they both affect a certain situation, event, law, regulation, or the general conditions we all live under when it comes to social and / or economic environments.

I think it would be judged on how well each of us presented our argument?
What would the parameters be? What scenario? Or, just allow it to be a broad wide open anything goes debate? Liberty and equality in society, or in what area or field?

There isn't certain scenarios for it to work like that. It just "is". I will explain it all.

Ok...parameters. I was thinking liberty and equality as principles - so, in a society. Right TN?

EXAMPLE:

Well...he and I need to make the arguments, but the judging should be on how convincing we argue are cases. So...if we're arguing the sky is blue or green and I make a convincing case for green I could win....:p
I see. Then it's wide open and they'll be no set parameters or restrictions?

"your liberty ends at my nose"
One of my favorite lines. Especially debunking it :D
Right jillian?

We got to get the other two judges going so we can get this started!
This is one of my favorite things to discuss. (economic and social theories)
Thank you, coyote, for agreeing to a one on one!

Are you going to combine social and economic applications, and use that as your example for the debate?

I would add - it would be in terms of liberty

Thank you for agreeing to be nice :lol: I have a feeling I'm in for a roller coaster ride :)

Forum List

Back