CPAC: Speaker pledges end of American democracy to wild applause.

Did I embarrass you?
No, I just enjoy watching the faux outrage from the left when they blame the right for being homophobic and racist and then seeing you all post comments like you did. There is a pattern there, I’ve noted it a few times now

That’s still a representative republic
A democratic republic, given we vote for our representatives.

Take away the vote, we are no longer democratic.

That's exactly what a lot of people on the right have been trying to do.

A democratic republic, given we vote for our representatives.

Take away the vote, we are no longer democratic.

That's exactly what a lot of people on the right have been trying to do.
a constitutional republic,,

why are you guy so afraid of the word constitution??

Conservative activist Jack Posobiec joyfully hailed the “end of democracy” at the Conservative Political Action Conference, further emphasizing Republicans’ apparent desire to completely overthrow America as we know it.

Now MAGA are not even hiding their contempt for our democratic institutions.

As Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

Note: I know one of the first posts from a MAGA will be we are not a democracy. Yes, that is the exact sentiment I would expect from someone who doesn't care if our democratic institutions are eliminated.

This is a very sad commentary on the complete ruination of conservative thought.
If the “institutions “ are not called for in the constitution then they should be abolished

Because it's whole purpose is to restrict government power, and they love themselves some government power.
The reason you guys are so afraid of the word democratic is that you think you have the authority to determine who's vote counts and who's vote is to be disregarded.

Okay. A democratic constitutional republic.

Why are you guys so afraid to admit we have the right to vote for our representatives?
if you could read above a 1st grade level you would get a dictionary and see a republic requires the voting of representatives as well as our constitution requiring the same thing along with how POTUS is elected,,,,

but hey wheres the fun in that,,

if you could read above a 1st grade level you would get a dictionary and see a republic requires the voting of representatives as well as our constitution requiring the same thing along with how POTUS is elected,,,,

but hey wheres the fun in that,,
Republics can be quite un-democratic.

buy a fucking dictionary and shut the fuck up,,,

wait a minute,,
are you admitting you dont like our system and want us to be a democracy??

its OK you can say it,, youre among friends here,,
It depends on how you define the "public".

Are we still a republic if we only let white land-owning males vote in elections?

Forum List

Back