CPS investigates "unsocialized" homeschoolers

And you have spent a great deal of time in schools observing this for yourself?

I have six children attending schools, of course I observe. That and you could always Google it,numerous articles on it

In other words, you have no idea what goes on in classrooms everyday.

Of course I do, look it's obvious you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and as usual you're just arguing to be arguing. I have no interest in your obvious elementary knowledge of the topic. Have a good one

It's obvious you don't. I spend all day everyday in the classroom. You are spouting talking points, and nothing more.

Still haven't mastered third grade, then? ....

All set, thanks.

Well why don't you look then?

In my experience and from what I have read the performance of home schooled kids is markedly better than public school kids on standardized tests
and you attribute that to homeschooling, or more accurately to not being in public schools, because that is what you wanted to find.
it's called confirmation bias.

and you would realize that by definition of 'average' i'm right.

You have not given any proof that half of all home schooled children perform worse than their public school counterparts have you? ALl you do is say "I'm right"

And the results do tend to show that on average home schooled kids perform better on tests
ok. why do you think that is?

It's obvious.

One on one or small group attention will always result in better education than a single teacher trying to teach 30 kids at once especially today when teachers grade on a curve to cover up their own incompetence
I'm going to ignore the 'grading on a curve' nonsense because it's nonsense.

but let's address the other. i agree that smaller class sizes are ideal. one on ome help is ideal. but the supposition is that these kids do well because they are homescooled. why would that be? would their parents not be able to tutor them if they went to a public school?

the difference seems to me to be responsible and involved parents that care about their children's education

If you ignore grading on a curve you are ignoring a major problem.

And yes people who home school do care which is why they home school in the first place. They want their kids to get a better education than they would otherwise get in our crappy public schools and it seems they do just that

and you attribute that to homeschooling, or more accurately to not being in public schools, because that is what you wanted to find.
it's called confirmation bias.

and you would realize that by definition of 'average' i'm right.

You have not given any proof that half of all home schooled children perform worse than their public school counterparts have you? ALl you do is say "I'm right"

And the results do tend to show that on average home schooled kids perform better on tests

It's obvious.

One on one or small group attention will always result in better education than a single teacher trying to teach 30 kids at once especially today when teachers grade on a curve to cover up their own incompetence

but let's address the other. i agree that smaller class sizes are ideal. one on ome help is ideal. but the supposition is that these kids do well because they are homescooled. why would that be? would their parents not be able to tutor them if they went to a public school?

the difference seems to me to be responsible and involved parents that care about their children's education

And yes people who home school do care which is why they home school in the first place. They want their kids to get a better education than they would otherwise get in our crappy public schools and it seems they do just that
youre attributing causation where there is none

It's obvious.

No I'm attributing better test scores to better education

It's obvious.

and i think you're making a mistake believing that homeschooling is a better education

It's obvious.

You realize that test scores measure what you know on the day you take the test. That's all it does.

It's obvious.

You realize that test scores measure what you know on the day you take the test. That's all it does.

That depends on the test.

It's obvious.

Tests are an evaluation tool

It's obvious.

and i think you're making a mistake believing that homeschooling is a better education

And I think you're wrong

Forum List

Back